PDA

View Full Version : ATT/DirectTV already connecting??

Lumpy Chucklelips
07-22-2014, 11:36 PM
Been doing some research into both in case I decide to move from my current provider (Metrocast)...and found this.

Looks like you can get ATT internet and DirecTV TV packages.

Am I looking at this correctly?

http://www.att.com/shop/tv/directv.html#fbid=xa-RkhWWvGn

sleepy dawg
07-22-2014, 11:43 PM
They've offered that for years. I've had the discount for about 5 or 6 years.

Smitty
07-22-2014, 11:45 PM
Thread hijack slightly; but will Metrocast have the SEC network?

BrunswickDawg
07-23-2014, 07:01 AM
I've had that discount for 15 years, so they have had a long term partnership. I think that what you may see from AT&T if this goes through is less emphasis on U-Verse as a TV system and more for internet/phone - unless you live in an area where satellite won't work due to tree cover, etc. All I care about is that they don't screw up DirecTV.

DownwardDawg
07-23-2014, 07:54 AM
I've had that discount for 15 years, so they have had a long term partnership. I think that what you may see from AT&T if this goes through is less emphasis on U-Verse as a TV system and more for internet/phone - unless you live in an area where satellite won't work due to tree cover, etc. All I care about is that they don't screw up DirecTV.

Me too. I've always hated dealing with AT&T, but I've always loved DirectTV.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-23-2014, 07:57 AM
I have the at&t / directv. At&t is a nightmare to deal with. Not sure why directv hitched their name to them.

dickiedawg
07-23-2014, 08:13 AM
Someone posted here they would, and said what channel. Then someone else said "that's an SD channel" so it may not be in HD.
I have metro cast internet but not cable so I can't say.

Brahmabull
07-23-2014, 08:50 AM
So will DirectTV have the SECNetwork? I am thinking about leaving comcast b/c of the internet data usage cap they have started implementing in the Jackson area.

Political Hack
07-23-2014, 08:54 AM
So will DirectTV have the SECNetwork? I am thinking about leaving comcast b/c of the internet data usage cap they have started implementing in the Jackson area.

Everyone expects them to have it on time; however, if there is 1 major carrier that won't mind pushing the envelope a little, it's them. I'd wait to switch just to make sure they don't miss the first week or so of the network.

jumbo
07-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Not sure why directv hitched their name to them.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$