PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Renfroe

DudyDawg
07-22-2014, 09:57 PM
Seems to be heating up a bit. Good to see. Mayyyyybe he can get a shot this year. Doubt it, but ya never know

@MikeNemeth: Hunter Renfroe went 3-for-5, including 2 doubles, for San Antonio (AA Padres) tonight...has hit safely in 6 of last 7 Gs....310 over span

missouridawg
07-22-2014, 10:04 PM
Seems to be heating up a bit. Good to see. Mayyyyybe he can get a shot this year. Doubt it, but ya never know

@MikeNemeth: Hunter Renfroe went 3-for-5, including 2 doubles, for San Antonio (AA Padres) tonight...has hit safely in 6 of last 7 Gs....310 over span

No reason for SD to call him up and start his clock. Could happen if they needed an OF bat for the playoff push, but it's pretty clear they don't need that.

Todd4State
07-22-2014, 10:35 PM
He is where he needs to be right now. I'm glad he made the Future's Game and did well there. I guess there is a small chance that they could call him up in September, but I highly doubt they will and it wouldn't be smart. Plus San Diego is in transition with their front office, so they're going to make conservative moves so that they don't sabotage the next GM.

What Hunter needs to do next is go to the Arizona Fall League and play there. That will determine where he is as far as next year. More than likely, he starts out in AAA and makes it up at some point in 2015. I think he will probably go to MLB camp in spring training and will play for the Padres for some of the spring before starting out at AAA.

SouthMsDawg
07-23-2014, 11:45 AM
BUT, BUT, BUT.... Coach34 said he can't hit AA pitching.

Keep proving him wrong Hunter!

His average is up to .250 and will continue to rise

His combined minor league stats through 91 games this season

.285 avg
.358 OBP
26 Doubles
3 Triples
19 HR
63 RBI
10 SB

I really believe that he could be playing for the Padres by next fall.

Bubb Rubb
07-23-2014, 11:53 AM
He is where he needs to be right now. I'm glad he made the Future's Game and did well there. I guess there is a small chance that they could call him up in September, but I highly doubt they will and it wouldn't be smart. Plus San Diego is in transition with their front office, so they're going to make conservative moves so that they don't sabotage the next GM.

What Hunter needs to do next is go to the Arizona Fall League and play there. That will determine where he is as far as next year. More than likely, he starts out in AAA and makes it up at some point in 2015. I think he will probably go to MLB camp in spring training and will play for the Padres for some of the spring before starting out at AAA.

The earliest Hunter will see the show is June of 2015, provided he is raking and earns a promotion. By delaying his promotion until June, they will get another year out of him before he becomes arbitration eligible.

TStationDawg
07-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Hunter has worked hard. He's squared up his stance a lot which has really helped with his approach. Now that he's healthy again, I expect him to finish strong. Maybe he can share that philosophy with Wes.

Coach34
07-23-2014, 12:37 PM
BUT, BUT, BUT.... Coach34 said he can't hit MLB pitching.

Fixed it for you

glad to see him doing well