PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football idea for the board

CadaverDawg
07-22-2014, 08:42 PM
So I was thinking about a way/ways to do an EliteDawg Fantasy Football League, where we can split the board up and have about 8 to 10 teams with multiple owners making the decisions. We seem to have some really creative minds, as well as some good stats guys (Engie, Will, Todd, etc), on the board that I feel like could help me come up with a good way of doing it.

My original thought was to post a thread and see how many people wanted to be involved, and then divide that total by 10 to decide how many owners were over each team. And then we could draft live one night on the message board, allow each team to have their own draft thread going to give input on their upcoming picks, and have a spokesperson for each team make their selection.

Obviously, we will also have our regular fantasy football league with individuals as well...but I thought it would be fun for 6-8 of us to all be rooting for the same fantasy team each week over the other members of the board.

Thoughts? Is this a good idea or bad idea? Any suggestions on a strategy of setting it up that may be better than what I'm suggesting? Obviously if I thought it was a great setup I wouldn't be asking, so feel free to critique and add

preachermatt83
07-22-2014, 08:46 PM
IM IN!!! Finally a type of fantasy football I can get into. You talking bout NFL or NCAA?

DudyDawg
07-22-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm in. Sounds like fun

TheRef
07-22-2014, 08:47 PM
So I was thinking about a way/ways to do an EliteDawg Fantasy Football League, where we can split the board up and have about 8 to 10 teams with multiple owners making the decisions. We seem to have some really creative minds, as well as some good stats guys (Engie, Will, Todd, etc), on the board that I feel like could help me come up with a good way of doing it.

My original thought was to post a thread and see how many people wanted to be involved, and then divide that total by 10 to decide how many owners were over each team. And then we could draft live one night on the message board, allow each team to have their own draft thread going to give input on their upcoming picks, and have a spokesperson for each team make their selection.

Obviously, we will also have our regular fantasy football league with individuals as well...but I thought it would be fun for 6-8 of us to all be rooting for the same fantasy team each week over the other members of the board.

Thoughts? Is this a good idea or bad idea? Any suggestions on a strategy of setting it up that may be better than what I'm suggesting? Obviously if I thought it was a great setup I wouldn't be asking, so feel free to critique and add

With the amount of threads you're talking about, you might want to consider a sub-thread TBH.

Either way, I'm in.

CadaverDawg
07-22-2014, 08:47 PM
IM IN!!! Finally a type of fantasy football I can get into. You talking bout NFL or NCAA?

Well, I was planning on doing NFL bc most of us will be at games or watching games on Saturday...but Sundays we could all get on here and discuss while my fantasy team is kicking yours' ass. Ha

sleepy dawg
07-22-2014, 08:48 PM
My team has already won... I'm in.

CadaverDawg
07-22-2014, 08:49 PM
With the amount of threads you're talking about, you might want to consider a sub-thread TBH.

Either way, I'm in.

Well it would only be 8-10 threads and maybe one for the actual draft. So it wouldn't be too bad, and I could sticky them while we're drafting. Only one thread (Fantasy Football Thread) every Sunday after the draft.

DudyDawg
07-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Well, I was planning on doing NFL bc most of us will be at games or watching games on Saturday...but Sundays we could all get on here and discuss while my fantasy team is kicking yours' ass. Ha

Like refs idea. Maybe make a thread/ forum for it.

And my ability to talk shit will depend on how the dogs play the day before

TheRef
07-22-2014, 08:50 PM
Well it would only be 8-10 threads and maybe one for the actual draft. So it wouldn't be too bad, and I could sticky them while we're drafting. Only one thread (Fantasy Football Thread) every Sunday after the draft.

True. Don't know how some would react to the massive overhaul of NFL threads but they'll live for a day.

EngineerDawg
07-22-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm in. If there are enough, do an A league, B league, etc... And the bottom/top three get relegated/promoted until they reach the top flight where the men are.

CadaverDawg
07-22-2014, 08:54 PM
True. Don't know how some would react to the massive overhaul of NFL threads but they'll live for a day.

I'll get curmudgeon's approval*** (just kidding curmudgeon)

No, it will only be for a random week night for a few hours while we draft, and then one thread on Sundays after that. Hell, we can have the draft in the BS forum if you guys would like. But I'm hoping we can get 60 or so interested to where everyone will want to be a part of it.

Y'all don't worry about where we'll have the draft or any of that stuff...I'll handle logistics, just help me with the overall idea. And I'll get a head count later as well.

woozman
07-22-2014, 08:56 PM
I'm in for this and our league from last year.

CadaverDawg
07-22-2014, 09:04 PM
Ok, so here's my updated thoughts.

I'll start in a few weeks by posting a thread to get a head count of how many will be participating. For example, we'll say we end up with 40 participants.

Those 40 names will be placed in a hat and drawn into 10 groups of 4. I will announce who each group of 4 is, and each group will manage a team.

We'll select a draft night, and have the draft in the BS Forum. I will start 10 threads with just the name of each team in the subject line. Each team will select a captain/spokesperson for their team.

Then I'll start a Live Draft Thread where a list of players, bye weeks, etc will be posted for everyone to choose from. A day before the draft we'll draw for draft order and allow each team to gather in their team's thread to start discussing strategy.

Then we'll draft and give each team 4-5 minutes to be on the clock. (At least for the first few rounds...then shorter time) and hopefully we can keep people from looking in their opponents threads to steal strategy and to keep it fun.

We'll draft a typical fantasy roster for each team, and then I'll enter the final results into a ESPN Fantasy League and give everyone the league ID and password so we can all follow it.

Thoughts?

huffy
07-22-2014, 09:26 PM
I'm so in!!!!

I seen it dawg
07-22-2014, 09:46 PM
Ok, so here's my updated thoughts.

I'll start in a few weeks by posting a thread to get a head count of how many will be participating. For example, we'll say we end up with 40 participants.

Those 40 names will be placed in a hat and drawn into 10 groups of 4. I will announce who each group of 4 is, and each group will manage a team.

We'll select a draft night, and have the draft in the BS Forum. I will start 10 threads with just the name of each team in the subject line. Each team will select a captain/spokesperson for their team.

Then I'll start a Live Draft Thread where a list of players, bye weeks, etc will be posted for everyone to choose from. A day before the draft we'll draw for draft order and allow each team to gather in their team's thread to start discussing strategy.

Then we'll draft and give each team 4-5 minutes to be on the clock. (At least for the first few rounds...then shorter time) and hopefully we can keep people from looking in their opponents threads to steal strategy and to keep it fun.

We'll draft a typical fantasy roster for each team, and then I'll enter the final results into a ESPN Fantasy League and give everyone the league ID and password so we can all follow it.

Thoughts?

After you draw your 4 names might want to adjust for people that...well...don't play in the sandbox well with certain people

TheRef
07-22-2014, 09:47 PM
After you draw your 4 names might want to adjust for people that...well...don't play in the sandbox well with certain people

Worst group of 4 aaaaaaaaaaaand go!

Seen it, WJ, engie, Hack

I seen it dawg
07-22-2014, 09:48 PM

Seen it, WJ, engie, Hack

Well WJ wouldn't be available....(I couldn't help it)

DudyDawg
07-22-2014, 09:50 PM

Seen it, WJ, engie, Hack

Goat and three other people*

CadaverDawg
07-22-2014, 09:52 PM
Nm

Political Hack
07-22-2014, 09:53 PM
I'm GM of my team and I don't play fair. Winners, feel free to join me and help me build a dynasty.

I seen it dawg
07-22-2014, 09:58 PM
I'm GM of my team and I don't play fair. Winners, feel free to join me and help me build a dynasty.

Oh you don't win everything little lady.....

dickiedawg
07-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Count me in.

hacker
07-22-2014, 10:12 PM
please use fleaflicker.com (http://www.fleaflicker.com)

please

State82
07-22-2014, 10:13 PM
Goat and three other people*

Now you gotta admit that was funny. Goat probably even thought it was funny.

Pioneer Dawg
07-22-2014, 10:16 PM
I forget, who was it that took home the ED Fantasy Football title last year?

TheRef
07-22-2014, 10:17 PM

We have awoken the beast!

Rise, my son! Rise!

http://media2.giphy.com/media/5zkLai9w9GJnW/giphy.gif

CadaverDawg
07-22-2014, 10:27 PM

Welcome back

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2014, 11:24 PM
Hell, I'll give it a go.

It_Could_Happen
07-22-2014, 11:46 PM
I'll
Play

sleepy dawg
07-22-2014, 11:51 PM
please use fleaflicker.com (http://www.fleaflicker.com)

please

The site won't tell me anything about it without creating a user first. What types of leagues and rules does it offer?

RadtechBulldog
07-23-2014, 12:18 AM
I'm in

hacker
07-23-2014, 12:59 AM
The site won't tell me anything about it without creating a user first. What types of leagues and rules does it offer?

here's the create a league screen:

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/jdhzhmjih4zti9d/Screenshot%202014-07-23%2000.57.05.png

and you can customize just about everything, as far as points and which positions you draft.

I've been using it for 5 years now, and I can't stand ESPN or Yahoo in comparison.

hacker
07-23-2014, 01:04 AM
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/mstngldnu5esdh6/Screenshot%202014-07-23%2001.03.34.png

RadtechBulldog
07-23-2014, 01:41 AM
What's the difference between it and ESPN? We've had our money league the last few seasons thru ESPN. If it's better then I may need to check into it

hacker
07-23-2014, 01:59 AM
I mean, it's still fantasy football. It's just a lot more organized and has a better UI. I think it may be more customizable but not sure.

I seen it dawg
07-23-2014, 05:50 AM

Haha couldn't miss a chance to say look at me look at me...

Political Hack
07-23-2014, 08:06 AM
keeper league???