PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss still hiding those emails

Coach34
07-22-2014, 04:22 PM
http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/07/22/ole-miss-foia-response/

Good article

"I submitted my FOIA request to Ole Miss compliance on June 30. Their department had 3 weeks to respond. I am sure you will all be surprised to learn that Ole Miss waited the entire three weeks to give me their response. And did they give the emails?
Of course not."

SDDawg
07-22-2014, 04:24 PM
Freezus told us to e-mail the compliance department with violations, he didn't say that anyone would actually treat those e-mails seriously.

Political Hack
07-22-2014, 04:26 PM
Nm

RC3
07-22-2014, 04:34 PM
I appreciate you looking into but someone needs to take it to the court. Call some out of state attorneys. Get some fee quotes and then raise the funds to retain them. That or find a ms state guy who happens to be an attorney as well that despises ole miss and go for it. They do exist. Not all attorneys are ole miss fans

hells bells
07-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Coach, they have retained Louis Lerner to entertain any questions regarding emails. She will locate them and get to the bottom of this mess.

SDDawg
07-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Hack- you're holding out on us!!!

missouridawg
07-22-2014, 04:45 PM
I appreciate you looking into but someone needs to take it to the court. Call some out of state attorneys. Get some fee quotes and then raise the funds to retain them. That or find a ms state guy who happens to be an attorney as well that despises ole miss and go for it. They do exist. Not all attorneys are ole miss fans

You work pro bono?

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2014, 05:11 PM

Yours truly is one example. In fact, we had our own little Bulldog clique during my time in Oxford. Believe me, the stereotype of all MS lawyers being BearSharks is far, far from the truth.

CrazyEyeKilla
07-22-2014, 05:13 PM
I wish I had time to do this. I haven't done a FOIA violation suit before but have come close a couple of times.

Also, I'm pretty sure if a Court finds a violation, you can get attorney fees paid for by the losing party.

MaroonState
07-22-2014, 05:55 PM
Why doesn't someone just send out a twitter request to the people that sent emails to tsun compliance and have them resend the emails to one of the bloggers? If I had sent one of those emails, I would still have a copy on my computer and would be glad to send a copy to one of our bloggers.

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/07/22/ole-miss-foia-response/

Good article

"I submitted my FOIA request to Ole Miss compliance on June 30. Their department had 3 weeks to respond. I am sure you will all be surprised to learn that Ole Miss waited the entire three weeks to give me their response. And did they give the emails?
Of course not."

Political Hack
07-22-2014, 06:05 PM
Hack- you're holding out on us!!!

yes, yes I am. I wish I could share what I know but it may burn someone specifically and I won't do that.

I will offer this though... within their response to M&W they say the "NCAA will not let them release items that pertain to an investigation." So, at a minimum, there was or is an NCAA investigation? Also, they say "we investigated" and found no wrong doing but did not indicate that the NCAA has found anything one way or the other. Put on your thinking caps here and decipher for yourself, but me thinks this isn't over...

WinningIsRelentless
07-22-2014, 06:14 PM
yes, yes I am. I wish I could share what I know but it may burn someone specifically and I won't do that.

I will offer this though... within their response to M&W they say the "NCAA will not let them release items that pertain to an investigation." So, at a minimum, there was or is an NCAA investigation? Also, they say "we investigated" and found no wrong doing but did not indicate that the NCAA has found anything one way or the other. Put on your thinking caps here and decipher for yourself, but me thinks this isn't over...

Better yet when the hell did the NCAA become above state law????

starkvegasdawg
07-22-2014, 06:43 PM

So you're saying IT might still be coming. For IT's sake I hope so. IT must have one horrible set of blue balls by now.

Political Hack
07-22-2014, 07:06 PM
So you're saying IT might still be coming. For IT's sake I hope so. IT must have one horrible set of blue balls by now.

"IT" was never anything more than an investigation. To speculate what will come of that would be a pure guess. Their response to M&W makes me believe it's still going on. The NCAA and gomer took over a year to look into BS allegations involving 1 recruit and eventually made some nonsense up so it didn't appear they wasted their time and resources. How long will it take them to look at several potential violations across multiple signing classes???

RC3
07-22-2014, 07:13 PM
You work pro bono?

Ha not for something like that. Wouldn't know where to begin and guaranteed they'd make you work your ass off. I don't even know what court you'd have to file it in

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2014, 07:27 PM
Ha not for something like that. Wouldn't know where to begin and guaranteed they'd make you work your ass off. I don't even know what court you'd have to file it in

I'd assume federal district court, as the FOIA is a federal law.

RC3
07-22-2014, 07:32 PM

My assumption as well. Does MS have their own though?

CrazyEyeKilla
07-22-2014, 07:33 PM

That's correct. He would first have to submit an appeal letter to Ole Miss. Once that appeal is denied, you can file in any federal district court.

Political Hack
07-22-2014, 07:34 PM
FOIA is technically a federal law for the federal government. The MS public records law, or something like that, governs public institutions in MS, including colleges. It's pretty limited what they can deny a request for, so I'm not sure how this would be denied. further, the NCAA's investigation should have ZERO standing on whether they can release the records. That's absurd.

http://www.mcfoi.org/handbook/append.html#openrec

PassInterference
07-22-2014, 07:36 PM
How about one of you lawyering types write a letter explaining why FOIA must be honored and not avoided with irrelevant excuses? A poor man's pro bono, if you will.

Dak4Heisman
07-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Didn't someone have a letter or something? Robbie Faulk or something? Seems like I saw something about this.

I'm not really in the "know", haven't lived life long enough, but do any of you know the suspected "bag men" that OM uses? Or any specifics of how they cheated?

spbdawg
07-22-2014, 08:09 PM
#

GrassOfDWS
07-22-2014, 08:11 PM
I'm not that concerned with what was on them. I really don't think that there was anything substantial on any of them, but the fact that they released 54 and not 31 makes no sense. I think they probably know it made no sense, but was a better response than putting HA! in big bold letters in response to my request. I plan to ask for a few other things in regards to these, but I don't anticipate actually seeing any documents of any kind.

CadaverDawg
07-22-2014, 08:21 PM
I will say this....

IF Ole Miss's recruiting class finishes like it has started this year....there could be something to it. Because we are wiping the floor with them, and I don't see them rolling over on a crootin Championship without throwing out some serious cash first. If all the sudden they start flippin guys, and bringing in 4 and 5 star talent from the West Coast and stuff....well, there's your answer.

GrassOfDWS
07-22-2014, 08:25 PM
One other thing, and I wish I could find it. After Freeze sent out that Tweet and the emails started coming in, Ole Miss sent out some message either through Twitter or Facebook saying that any false accusation could be some kind of crime. They tried to scare people who might email.

bulldogcountry1
07-22-2014, 08:30 PM
Why doesn't someone just send out a twitter request to the people that sent emails to tsun compliance and have them resend the emails to one of the bloggers? If I had sent one of those emails, I would still have a copy on my computer and would be glad to send a copy to one of our bloggers.

This seems like the most obvious solution. The people that sent them want to hurt UM, and these people still exist. Why seek out an act of Congress to get them from UM? This tells me there's probably nothing to them. It's probably just a bunch of second hand gossip that can't be proven, yet doesn't make them look good. So, they just keep them under wraps.

Political Hack
07-22-2014, 09:41 PM
This seems like the most obvious solution. The people that sent them want to hurt UM, and these people still exist. Why seek out an act of Congress to get them from UM? This tells me there's probably nothing to them. It's probably just a bunch of second hand gossip that can't be proven, yet doesn't make them look good. So, they just keep them under wraps.

you would be inundated with crap from the crew that went through all that trouble to fake NCAA letters, yancy's flock, and the Forward Rebels... who have mysteriously disappeared after having an organized network.

Noxdog
07-22-2014, 10:01 PM
you would be inundated with crap from the crew that went through all that trouble to fake NCAA letters, yancy's flock, and the Forward Rebels... who have mysteriously disappeared after having an organized network.

Did no one else hear CC Bowlsby"s comments yesterday???? Nothing is going to happen, it's a freakin joke. Get over it. They got away, we did not.

Political Hack
07-22-2014, 10:48 PM
Did no one else hear CC Bowlsby"s comments yesterday???? Nothing is going to happen, it's a freakin joke. Get over it. They got away, we did not.

calmer than you.

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2014, 11:25 PM
My assumption as well. Does MS have their own though?

Yes, two for North MS. One in Oxford, one in Aberdeen.

TheRef
07-22-2014, 11:30 PM

And Greenville, correct?

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2014, 11:34 PM
And Greenville, correct?

Not to my knowledge. If so, that would likely be the Central District. But I know definitively that Oxford & Aberdeen are the North MS District.

TheRef
07-22-2014, 11:38 PM
Not to my knowledge. If so, that would likely be the Central District. But I know definitively that Oxford & Aberdeen are the North MS District.

I think Greenville was a satellite of the Oxford court. I know we're in the Northern district. Had a judge die and they had to appoint another.

Todd4State
07-22-2014, 11:41 PM
One other thing, and I wish I could find it. After Freeze sent out that Tweet and the emails started coming in, Ole Miss sent out some message either through Twitter or Facebook saying that any false accusation could be some kind of crime. They tried to scare people who might email.

If that's true, then Byron DeVinner should be in jail right now.

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2014, 11:50 PM
I think Greenville was a satellite of the Oxford court. I know we're in the Northern district. Had a judge die and they had to appoint another.

That could be the case. But the primaries are definitely Oxford & Aberdeen, which is where you'd want to file any sort of FOIA action.

PassInterference
07-22-2014, 11:51 PM

Freeze, on twitter, accused the accusers of slander. I think that was right before he dared people to report info to compliance. And after some time he deleted the compliance dare.

sbcmortgageman
07-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Didn't someone have a letter or something? Robbie Faulk or something? Seems like I saw something about this.

I'm not really in the "know", haven't lived life long enough, but do any of you know the suspected "bag men" that OM uses? Or any specifics of how they cheated?

Why is this guy still around?

rrog17
07-23-2014, 07:25 AM
I was thinking the same thing!

RC3
07-23-2014, 07:26 AM

I meant freedom of info statute

Coach34
07-23-2014, 07:59 AM
Why is this guy still around?

Let it be written- let it be done

BeastMan
07-23-2014, 09:19 AM
My whole purpose of writing the first story (and Justin ended up going much deeper), was to show the attitude of OM compliance and compare/contrast it to that of MSUs. It's amazing. They do an outstanding job. I don't think anything would come from the 31 emails but I do think it's curious they have now blocked 2 individuals from them. I wish MSU
Compliance had that same attitude.

sbcmortgageman
07-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Let it be written- let it be done

Thank you se?or. The letter and bagman comment was just to much to bare.

GrassOfDWS
07-23-2014, 07:57 PM
My whole purpose of writing the first story (and Justin ended up going much deeper), was to show the attitude of OM compliance and compare/contrast it to that of MSUs. It's amazing. They do an outstanding job. I don't think anything would come from the 31 emails but I do think it's curious they have now blocked 2 individuals from them. I wish MSU
Compliance had that same attitude.

My main purpose for picking it up like I did is to let people actually see how they do it. I'm not mad or upset by them denying me because I fully expected it. I hope I'm wrong, but if I had sent an FOIA to State's compliance department asking for any emails accusing us of violations, I think they would have sent every one they have. Ole Miss is simply taking the liberty with the law they can since they don't think they will be challenged in court. And even if they do, they will gladly appeal and stall and motion things to death to get whoever tries to push them to show their hand into getting frustrated and stopping. We need our compliance to take on the same attitude.