PDA

View Full Version : Cam Meyers makes Dandy Dozen

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2014, 11:35 AM
Another MSU commit. Didn't expect him to make it, but congrats and we will take it.

engie
07-22-2014, 11:49 AM
I'm not at all surprised he did. Probably should have expected it. He almost singlehandedly won the state title last year. Actually may be a better HS player than he projects as a prospect IMO...

So, he's #9, Hibbler will get in, then who are the last 2?

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-22-2014, 11:58 AM
I think a lot of folks are high on stamps.

Didnt a OL commit to lsu? He will probably make it.

jumbo
07-22-2014, 01:14 PM
Hibbler, Womack and Gabe Campbell would be my guess for the final 3 spots.

Dirtbagdawg
07-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Ole miss didn't want him **

Dirtbagdawg
07-22-2014, 01:19 PM
Said on rebels sports radio today that Malik dear wanted to come
to ole miss, but didn't have an offer. Also said peters was great, but they were set at
That position for the future...I'll hang up and listen

TrueMaroon
07-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Just typical spin from recruiting reporters. It doesn't matter which team it is; I'm sure Auburn/Bama recruiting site moderators have similar type comments.

And let me say that no school in this state currently is, or ever will be, so stacked that they couldn't use the consensus number one player in the state.

defiantdog
07-22-2014, 01:28 PM
to ole miss, but didn't have an offer. Also said peters was great, but they were set at

What a joke.... It doesn't matter if youre set on a position. If you have the ability to get one or two of the best players in the nation, you get them. Why do you think Bama has so many 5* QBs?

jumbo
07-22-2014, 01:33 PM

el oh el

codeDawg
07-22-2014, 01:47 PM

You know, they really should just skip MS entirely this year. There's really no talent here. You just can't take guys like Dear when you are waiting for 10 5-stars to jump in the boat on signing day.

RougeDawg
07-22-2014, 01:48 PM
What a joke.... It doesn't matter if youre set on a position. If you have the ability to get one or two of the best players in the nation, you get them. Why do you think Bama has so many 5* QBs?

Because Auburn didn't want them.**

West Houston Dog
07-22-2014, 01:59 PM
last year and year before they signed top instate safeties(Conners two years and the guy last year whose name suddenly eludes me...).but a reb to say they wouldnt want Peters is just dumb

starkvegasdawg
07-22-2014, 02:03 PM
They better hope they are set in those positions because for them to publicly call a kid out like that I would think just killed any chance of them flipping. That would be like a girl telling a guy that she knows he wants her but he just isn't up to her standards. Odds are a few months later when she breaks up with her boyfriend and comes calling to see if he is still interested he is not. Oh, he may pretend to be long enough to get some rebound perks but when it comes time to settle down he is dancing with the one that brought him so to speak.

yjnkdawg
07-22-2014, 02:04 PM
You know, they really should just skip MS entirely this year. There's really no talent here. You just can't take guys like Dear when you are waiting for 10 5-stars to jump in the boat on signing day.

Yep, everybody knows that uncoachable 5 stars, or those that don't need coaching up, lead to wins and team unity. Sounds like an insurance commercial lol.

Dirtbagdawg
07-22-2014, 02:07 PM
At this point you just have to
Laugh at them for saying they only want 2 of our commits. They say that every year.
And every year Mullen dominates their ass. They obviously need to evaluate better
If they can't beat us with our "lack of talent"

CadaverDawg
07-22-2014, 02:23 PM

Ben Garret just proved himself to be dumb as hell then, because there is a possibility that Peters ends up at Linebacker before he's done at State. But even if he stayed at Safety, he could beat out Tony Conner or any of there other safety prospects for all they know. Just a stupid statement all around. You always have room for the best player in the state....always. Mullen is cleaning their clock in recruiting and they are in all out spin and panic mode right now. It is fun to watch.

GreenheadDawg
07-22-2014, 02:27 PM
I've stopped letting the stupid shit they say get under my skin.. It's gotten to the point where it's just sad. You don't want a top 5 nationally ranked safety? Ok great we will gladly take him. It's hilarious that they continue to lose but yet still has a superiority complex. After we beat them in Oxford this year it will be the same story all over again

engie
07-22-2014, 02:39 PM
Conner is probably only there for 1 more... and Peters is similar to Conner in many ways...

Pokerdawg44
07-22-2014, 02:43 PM

Dear didnt have an offer just like Chad Bumphis didnt have an offer. Rebel Recruiting 101, when a recruit is clearly going to your rival school, you pull hiss offer and let everyone know that they never had one to begin wth.

smootness
07-22-2014, 06:07 PM
I'm not at all surprised he did. Probably should have expected it. He almost singlehandedly won the state title last year. Actually may be a better HS player than he projects as a prospect IMO...

So, he's #9, Hibbler will get in, then who are the last 2?

I think Myers is the typical case of a guy who made his decision early, lost out on the attention and hype that comes with making a later decision and having schools fight over you, and thus is now being underrated.

I think he's more talented than any of the guys we've gotten from Oak Grove recently, which is saying something. I think he can make a serious impact at either WR or DB.