PDA

View Full Version : Mike Bonner

TStationDawg
07-22-2014, 09:50 AM
Longtime lurker. First time poster. Anyone find it strange Mike Bonner has been radio silent since the 17th? Isn't that when his article on Bo came out? Just find it strange our "beat writer" hasn't even tweeted about Big Dawg Camp or today's ESPN car wash. What's going on? Anyone know?

TheRef
07-22-2014, 09:51 AM
Longtime lurker. First time poster. Anyone find it strange Mike Bonner has been radio silent since the 17th? Isn't that when his article on Bo came out? Just find it strange our "beat writer" hasn't even tweeted about Big Dawg Camp or today's ESPN car wash. What's going on? Anyone know?

Maybe he's on vacation?

TStationDawg
07-22-2014, 09:58 AM
His choice you think?! Ha Seems fishy to me is all. Not that I'm a fan of his but the whole Hugh dissing Dak and Mikes article on Bo seems too coincidental is all.

ScoobaDawg
07-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Likely vacation or wonder if they are still doing unpaid furlough also.. It's about the only time all year a writer could take off. he will be back when Fall Practice starts though.

he has stories queued up and rolling out daily so he hasn't gone anywhere.

defiantdog
07-22-2014, 10:06 AM
He's probably on furlough.... the CL is all about letting people go or randomly throwing them on furlough.

FISHDAWG
07-22-2014, 10:07 AM
heck of a time to go on vacation .... voluntarily anyway ** ..... during BDC makes no sense to allow Veazy & Keller to take center stage

ScoobaDawg
07-22-2014, 10:09 AM
heck of a time to go on vacation .... voluntarily anyway ** ..... during BDC makes no sense to allow Veazy & Keller to take center stage

You do know Veazey doesn't do sports anymore right and hasn't in a couple years.. He loves some Memphis politics.

FISHDAWG
07-22-2014, 10:12 AM
Likely vacation or wonder if they are still doing unpaid furlough also.. It's about the only time all year a writer could take off. he will be back when Fall Practice starts though.

he has stories queued up and rolling out daily so he hasn't gone anywhere.

tells me that he must not be well informed from the inside if he missed out on last weeks excitement

ETA if Veazy isn't in sports why are there two threads on the front page concerning him (I know it's not in an official capacity)

maroonmania
07-22-2014, 10:13 AM

Well the only real news you are going to get out of BDC is recruiting news and the CL has a separate recruiting reporter so I don't see as a bad time to be off.

ScoobaDawg
07-22-2014, 10:16 AM
tells me that he must not be well informed from the inside if he missed out on last weeks excitement

Or a vacation is more important than recruiting news that can be covered by the recruiting beat, which is what happened I assume. I can see the headlines by Courtney Cronin but can't read behind the paywall

TheRef
Well the only real news you are going to get out of BDC is recruiting news and the CL has a separate recruiting reporter so I don't see as a bad time to be off.

Agreed. Courtney Cronin has also been somewhat filling in for Bonner.

FISHDAWG
thanks - that would make sense

TStationDawg
07-22-2014, 10:18 AM
Furlough makes sense. But so does a tweet saying "I'm out for two weeks follow x to keep up to date". Doesn't look like Big Boy Hugh missed covering any Ole Miss visits on the same weekend.

TheRef
07-22-2014, 10:21 AM
Furlough makes sense. But so does a tweet saying "I'm out for two weeks follow x to keep up to date". Doesn't look like Big Boy Hugh missed covering any Ole Miss visits on the same weekend.

Because he wasn't on furlough that weekend. He took his during the CWS. That's why Bonner took his place in Omaha.