PDA

View Full Version : Another SEC arrest,

DudyDawg
07-22-2014, 09:15 AM
This time at UGA

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-football/georgia-defensive-lineman-arrested-on-felony-assault/

Pollodawg
07-22-2014, 09:18 AM
Hats off to Mullen for keeping us largely clear (knocks on wood) of this stuff.

DudyDawg
07-22-2014, 09:23 AM
Hats off to Mullen for keeping us largely clear (knocks on wood) of this stuff.

Yup. Don't see much of that from us, seems like we haven't seen much from arky or South Carolina doing it either. Although that may be wrong, just how it seems off the top of my head

Political Hack
07-22-2014, 09:30 AM
UT has suprisingly stayed clean for the most part. They used to have a lot of problems like this.

MaxedOutMaroon
07-22-2014, 09:34 AM
Agree hats off to Mullen. I'm not around other school's athletes, but our football students are top class human beings. I really give credit to the Tony Hugh's and David Turner's of the world. It's not a strange fact that African American young men respond well to respectable African American adults.

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2014, 09:37 AM
I hope we can keep this up, but I do question it. No doubt that Mullen has a good track record, but, due to our winning and the SEC Network, as our players become bigger celebrities, they will also become larger targets and be put into more situations in which they could blow up.

I think Starkville helps us in this regard, but nobody is immune.

thf24
07-22-2014, 10:19 AM
UT has suprisingly stayed clean for the most part. They used to have a lot of problems like this.

This may be further back than you're referring to, but my dad is a UT alum, and he said it was a pretty regular occurrence to see UT players walking across campus in broad daylight with TV's and other small appliances and valuables they'd just stolen.

Johnson85
07-22-2014, 11:37 AM
I hope we can keep this up, but I do question it. No doubt that Mullen has a good track record, but, due to our winning and the SEC Network, as our players become bigger celebrities, they will also become larger targets and be put into more situations in which they could blow up.

Doesn't matter whether we win or not, only matters what kind of risks we take in recruiting. Minor charges related to alcohol or pot are kind of a crap shoot; pretty much every team is subject to that stuff happening. But I think when bigger issues arise there are usually indications of potential problems before signing day.

Reason2succeed
07-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Agree hats off to Mullen. I'm not around other school's athletes, but our football students are top class human beings. I really give credit to the Tony Hugh's and David Turner's of the world. It's not a strange fact that African American young men respond well to respectable African American adults.

I totally agree with this post. Mullen recruits charter guys but we have coaches both black and white that hold the, accountable. However, the young black coaches are able to relate to these young men who have come from difficult situations and are able to tell them and show them how to be different. I also give props to the legacy and leadership of this team. Mullen has made sure that the standard is set and those who fail to meet those standards suffer the consequences. I know our program is not perfect but we are much better than we were when Jackie Sherrill left. Knock on wood!

HereComesTheSpiral
07-22-2014, 01:51 PM

I think Starkville helps us in this regard, but nobody is immune.
Losing didnt stop 2 of crooms players from having a shootout.

Dawgcentral
07-22-2014, 07:40 PM
Losing didnt stop 2 of crooms players from having a shootout.

Shit happens. Keep it rare.

Richt should have booted this guy after the "double dipping" incident and he wouldn't be facing this problem. Just take out the trash and your house won't stink.

FISHDAWG
07-23-2014, 09:18 AM
and now yet another one - reported today that a warrant has been issued for a visiting 5-star recruit (WR out of Hollywood, FL) ... accused of breaking into girls dorm room and stealing a smart phone ..... probably OM's next commit ... wonder how Yancy would spin that one

DudyDawg
07-23-2014, 09:20 AM
and now yet another one - reported today that a warrant has been issued for a visiting 5-star recruit (WR out of Hollywood, FL) ... accused of breaking into girls dorm room and stealing a smart phone ..... probably OM's next commit ... wonder how Yancy would spin that one

Visiting where? OM or UGA

FISHDAWG
07-23-2014, 09:23 AM
my bad ... @ UGA

DudyDawg
07-23-2014, 09:26 AM
my bad ... @ UGA

I like UGA and Richt, but they always seem to get in trouble. I don't know if stats back that up but that's how it feels. That being said, it also feels like Richt is good about actually punishing players whether by suspending them or kicking them off the team

FISHDAWG
07-23-2014, 09:32 AM
I like UGA and Richt, but they always seem to get in trouble. I don't know if stats back that up but that's how it feels. That being said, it also feels like Richt is good about actually punishing players whether by suspending them or kicking them off the team

apparently Richt should have kicked the original guy off because he was still on probation from a check cashing scheme back in the spring but remained on the team until now