PDA

View Full Version : Bears got in a connundrum

starkvegasdawg
07-22-2014, 07:59 AM
Some outlet called College Football Universe released a preseason poll. In it, they have the bears #11. However, they are almost forced to discredit it because they have us preseason #19. Below is a direct quote from the thread on Nafoom where I found this. Hilarious with them wanting to celebrate something but can't because of their obsession and hatred with us.

Because it ranks us 11th and State 19th. Clearly, we are deserving of our ranking. But that is a joke that State is even in the top 25.

PassInterference
07-22-2014, 08:11 AM
Keep an eye on that poll. It may give them a national championship after the season is over.

LC Dawg
07-22-2014, 08:27 AM
They also discredit it because Duke is ranked and Duke obviously can't be good because Cutcliffe can't coach.

SDDawg
07-22-2014, 08:58 AM
Anyone who believes that Ole Miss is better than MSU... SMDH. FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NewTweederEndzoneDance
07-22-2014, 09:24 AM
You do know that by going over there and then coming back to report something like that, you've just allowed them to troll this board without even posting over here, right? The fact that he italicized the part you quoted tells me it was sarcasm and directly intended to get under the skin of our fans. It appears to have worked in this case.

starkvegasdawg
07-22-2014, 09:30 AM
I posted this to make fun of them. He may have tried to pass it off as sarcasm, but everybody with an IQ above that of a hookworm knows that is exactly how they feel. Them possibly trying to pass it off as sarcasm is just a passive aggressive way of stating it where they can still, in their minds, have some plausible deniability. If you want to consider this a way of letting them troll then oh well. If I see an example of their unfettered arrogance and holier than thou attitude I plan on pointing it out and making fun of it. It did not get under my skin. I can't speak for anyone else but I imagine most people reading that had a similar reaction that I did and just wondered how delusional that fan base can be.