PDA

View Full Version : Yancy is a complete loser of a human being

ShotgunDawg
07-21-2014, 09:20 PM
This is what he tweeted tonight:

Yancy Porter @YancyPorter ? 11m
Jordus Smith, DB from Gulfport is taking OM's offer to sign and place him in a junior college. He committed to OM tonight.

Who says this in June?

Is Yancy more worried about Ole Miss' recruiting reputation than a high school kid? Goodness, let him have a few days at least, since it's July, to celebrate and feel like a good player and not have his academic reputation plastered all over the internet.

By the way, pretty sure this guy didn't have an MSU offer since I've never heard of him.

What an arrogant snob.

RossDawg82
07-21-2014, 09:29 PM
He is an absolute prick. I hope that kid beats the shit out of him.

BeastMan
07-21-2014, 09:32 PM
Pretty low by Yancy. Couldn't let the kid have his moment for 2 seconds. I'd be willing to bet that if the kid had a nice offer sheet and had plenty of starz, he would have never tweeted that. I'm never for publicly showing up a kid like that.

mic
07-21-2014, 09:35 PM
DJ said basically the same thing

Reason2succeed
07-21-2014, 09:44 PM
Is this just on Yancy or the POS at OM that gave a reporter this info so soon?

SDDawg
07-21-2014, 10:01 PM
Yancy is obsessed with who is qualified and who isn't. And he gets it wrong, A LOT. (Jamoral Graham & Brandon Bryant last year!) He's a punk ass b***h, nothing more.

engie
07-21-2014, 10:05 PM
LOL --

Basically, he's got to spin the fact that they are taking this commitment -- after claiming that OM doesn't want guys like Stamps and Smitherman.

messageboardsuperhero
07-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Some quick research shows that the guy doesn't have many offers and hasn't been evaluated by websites. I guarantee you if he was highly rated, Yancy would have been singing his praises and not mentioned that he would have to go to JUCO.

It's all about perception- Yancy had to make sure everyone knew that this unranked prospect didn't have a real offer from mighty UM.

EAVdog
07-21-2014, 10:20 PM
Is he a 2014 or 2015 kid? If he's a 2014 player than there is nothing wrong with that. Gives the kid a little moment of recognition. If he's a 2015 prospect I'm not sure why you'd do that. Still gives the kid some recognition maybe. I don't see that as some terrible thing.

SDDawg
07-21-2014, 10:20 PM
OM has no idea how stupid they look over stuff like this. It's actually BETTER to find guys that aren't highly rated and have them blow up. OM acts like nobody is worth a shit until they blow up and then they're just the sixth place team in the SEC West chasing a big-time recruit. Sad...

Political Hack
07-21-2014, 10:22 PM
that's pretty low. I hate seeing guys rip kids like this. Paul and John F. may be the only two that won't rip kids to 1) make the school look better or 2) make themselves look "right."

maroonmania
07-21-2014, 10:25 PM
Yancy embodies all the stereotypes about the way the OM fanbase views themselves and recruiting. Yancy is all about the elitist, flagship, 'MSU is inferior to us' attitude that makes OM so easy to despise. He IS the absolute worst they have to offer for sure.

yjnkdawg
07-21-2014, 11:45 PM
This is what he tweeted tonight:

Yancy Porter @YancyPorter ? 11m
Jordus Smith, DB from Gulfport is taking OM's offer to sign and place him in a junior college. He committed to OM tonight.

Who says this in June?

Is Yancy more worried about Ole Miss' recruiting reputation than a high school kid? Goodness, let him have a few days at least, since it's July, to celebrate and feel like a good player and not have his academic reputation plastered all over the internet.

By the way, pretty sure this guy didn't have an MSU offer since I've never heard of him.

What an arrogant snob.

Scout should have gotten rid of him several years ago, but I guess they like the clown circus. Pathetic doing that to a kid, but as you can see, "Fancy Pants" doesn't care.

messageboardsuperhero
07-22-2014, 12:26 AM
Scout should have gotten rid of him several years ago, but I guess they like the clown circus. Pathetic doing that to a kid, but as you can see, "Fancy Pants" doesn't care.

I was shocked that he wasn't fired a couple of years ago after publicly admitting on twitter that he regularly puts out misinformation to "help out the Johnny Rebs." Of course Scout.com is just a business, so I should have known they wouldn't fire a guy who reports to one of their biggest subscriber sites.

Does Yancy consider himself to be a journalist? If so, that's just laughable.

ETA: At the same time though, I do wish some of our fansite guys were a little (only a little) more like Yancy. We joke about his credibility and integrity a lot, and deservedly so- but that guy would do anything to help UM. Some of our guys would knowingly hurt MSU if it meant possibly getting a leg up on their business competitors (looking at you Gene and Rosebowl).

Todd4State
07-22-2014, 12:34 AM
Pretty low by Yancy. Couldn't let the kid have his moment for 2 seconds. I'd be willing to bet that if the kid had a nice offer sheet and had plenty of starz, he would have never tweeted that. I'm never for publicly showing up a kid like that.

Exactly. See Nick Brassell after his one year at EMCC.

Todd4State
07-22-2014, 12:35 AM
I was shocked that he wasn't fired a couple of years ago after publicly admitting on twitter that he regularly puts out misinformation to "help out the Johnny Rebs." Of course Scout.com is just a business, so I should have known they wouldn't fire a guy who reports to one of their biggest subscriber sites.

Does Yancy consider himself to be a journalist? If so, that's just laughable.

ETA: At the same time though, I do wish some of our fansite guys were a little (only a little) more like Yancy. We joke about his credibility and integrity a lot, and deservedly so- but that guy would do anything to help UM. Some of our guys would knowingly hurt MSU if it meant possibly getting a leg up on their business competitors (looking at you Gene and Rosebowl).

Yep. Ole Miss fans love his Kool-Aid. If he was objective, he wouldn't have half the business that he does.

RougeDawg
07-22-2014, 01:25 AM
Yep. Ole Miss fans love his Kool-Aid. If he was objective, he wouldn't have half the business that he does.

If he were objective, 99% of the bear faithful wouldn't be able to understand him.** Takes a delusionalist to appeal to the most delusional fan base in the western hemisphere.

RTO Dawg
07-22-2014, 07:10 AM
Yancy embodies all the stereotypes about the way the OM fanbase views themselves and recruiting. Yancy is all about the elitist, flagship, 'MSU is inferior to us' attitude that makes OM so easy to despise. He IS the absolute worst they have to offer for sure.

BINGO^^^

Willn1
07-22-2014, 07:49 AM
How ironic! After the message to his flock about none of the kids that committed to State having commitable offers from UMiss, he now has to defend them from taking a commit from a kid who won't qualify and has NO other offers. Notice how he is not even on then commit list on the Scout page? I'm sure they don't want to hurt their average star ranking until Yancy can get him a 5* ranking.

RougeDawg
07-22-2014, 08:16 AM
How ironic! After the message to his flock about none of the kids that committed to State having commitable offers from UMiss, he now has to defend them from taking a commit from a kid who won't qualify and has NO other offers. Notice how he is not even on then commit list on the Scout page? I'm sure they don't want to hurt their average star ranking until Yancy can get him a 5* ranking.

This got me to thinking. How much influence does a butt pirate like Yancy have on players getting rankings bumps? If he has any influence, could having such a homerish guy working for a recruiting site actually artificially inflate the rankings of players and teams, creating a misconception that said team has more talent than they really do? Is this part of the explanation of why we continue to beat them and finish ahead of them, even though the "perception" is that OM has much more talent than us? I'm just asking. Multiole years of this could create the false hype that we are seeing with the bears this year, despite their depth and experience issues.

Saltydog
07-22-2014, 08:53 AM
nt

drummerdawg
07-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Well they can't claim to have a better average ranking now. They just went down to 85.93 compared to States 86.69. Per 247

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2014, 09:23 AM
This got me to thinking. How much influence does a butt pirate like Yancy have on players getting rankings bumps? If he has any influence, could having such a homerism guy working for a recruiting site actually artificially inflate the rankings of players and teams, creating a misconception that said team has more talent than they really do? Is this part of the explanation of why we continue to beat them and finish ahead of them, even though the "perception" is that OM has much more talent than us? I'm just asking. Multiole years of this could create the false hype that we are seeing with the bears this year, despite their depth and experience issues.

Absolutely... Why anyone puts any stock in recruiting rankings, after about the top 3-5 players in each state, is beyond me. Yes, the best recruiting teams do usually become the top teams, but Bama is recruiting famous guys, top players in each state, that your grandmother could evaluate. This is why the difference between about 10-30 in the recruiting ranking is minimal. At that point it probably comes down to how the Yancys of the world evaluate and how particular recruiting sites weight players (I.e. Getting more credit for 1 five star than 2 4 stars).

With all this perception stuff that Yancy protects, you can bet he knows how to play the system.

What disturbs me about recruiting rankings is how the uneducated media, and fans that have never seen the player and don't have an evaluation bone in their body, take them as the bible and create hype, rankings, and, ultimately, media coverage because of something that is a completely flawed process. I most of these recruiting worked for a team, they would've been fired long ago for poor evaluations.

BulldogBear
07-22-2014, 09:26 AM
Absolutely... Why anyone puts any stock in recruiting rankings, after about the top 3-5 players in each state, is beyond me. Yes, the best recruiting teams do usually become the top teams, but Bama is recruiting famous guys, top players in each state, that your grandmother could evaluate. This is why the difference between about 10-30 in the recruiting ranking is minimal. At that point it probably comes down to how the Yancys of the world evaluate and how particular recruiting sites weight players (I.e. Getting more credit for 1 five star than 2 4 stars).

With all this perception stuff that Yancy protects, you can bet he knows how to play the system.

+1 Exactly. Clap. Clap. Clap. Even coaches can do it. Saban can turn a 3 star into a 4 star just by taking a look at him

RougeDawg
07-22-2014, 09:44 AM

What disturbs me about recruiting rankings is how the uneducated media, and fans that have never seen the player and don't have an evaluation bone in their body, take them as the bible and create hype, rankings, and, ultimately, media coverage because of something that is a completely flawed process. I most of these recruiting worked for a team, they would've been fired long ago for poor evaluations.

REading this thread got me thinking about how the media could perceive OM in 2014 they way they are preseason after actually looking at what they have returning and their depth and experience of who is actually returning. But the media "thinks" they have a ton more talent than State. The one significant difference in the two schools is a homer, be all end all OM guy(s) working for recruiting sites vs open minded un biased guys working on the State recruiting sites. Just looking at this one aspect, one can see how others who only read headlines, can perceive OM as being this highly talented team.

Either way, the high school coaches and players are starting to see the real freeze. He is creating his own demise by being a two faced hypocrite. The next two years will be fun to watch in Oxford. I feel that they will be similar to the last 2 of Nutt. Maybe not as few wins but a similar shit storm and implosion from within the team and fan base.

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2014, 09:57 AM
REading this thread got me thinking about how the media could perceive OM in 2014 they way they are preseason after actually looking at what they have returning and their depth and experience of who is actually returning. But the media "thinks" they have a ton more talent than State. The one significant difference in the two schools is a homer, be all end all OM guy(s) working for recruiting sites vs open minded un biased guys working on the State recruiting sites. Just looking at this one aspect, one can see how others who only read headlines, can perceive OM as being this highly talented team.

Either way, the high school coaches and players are starting to see the real freeze. He is creating his own demise by being a two faced hypocrite. The next two years will be fun to watch in Oxford. I feel that they will be similar to the last 2 of Nutt. Maybe not as few wins but a similar shit storm and implosion from within the team and fan base.

This is one of the first posts you ever made that I agree with.

While I think Ole Miss could have a good record, much of their hype is based upon their 2013 recruiting class and not upon what they actually have returning and starting on this team. They are just an example of where extremely flawed and biased recruiting rankings are now influencing and outweighing what teams actually have in their starting lineup.

Many of these media types need Ole Miss to play well this year so that it can back up their "competing in the West" claims after their 2013 recruiting class.

Reason2succeed
07-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Trust me this Egg Bowl is VERY IMPORTANT for Freezus. If he loses again his seat is going to be scorching because of the heat will get from the big time bagmen than fund his recruiting efforts.

By the way, did anyone see Bo Wallace's hair at media days? Dude looked like he was running for Arch Supreme Douche of the Universe.

TheRef
07-22-2014, 02:38 PM
Trust me this Egg Bowl is VERY IMPORTANT for Freezus. If he loses again his seat is going to be scorching because of the heat will get from the big time bagmen than fund his recruiting efforts.

By the way, did anyone see Bo Wallace's hair at media days? Dude looked like he was running for Arch Supreme Douche of the Universe.

Bears weren't happy about his new hair-do either.