PDA

View Full Version : I Talked with a Directv Customer Service Rep. Today

yjnkdawg
07-21-2014, 05:57 PM
He said that this was not official, but the word they were hearing was that the SEC Network would be in place by launch date (August 14). He said he had gotten a lot of calls concerning the SEC Nework status.

I was calling them, because I have been a long time customer since 1999 and I wanted to see what they had availabe compared to Dish. The package I have is no longer available and if I signed a contract, as I have been out of contract for 4 years or more, my current package would not be available any longer. THe only upgriade I could get by sigining a contract would be an equipment one and to get the package I now have, I would be paying more. So they are reducing my fee by $10 per month for a year with no contract obligation for being a loyal customer. Better than nothing I guess lol.

I may go thorough retention and see what happens, but probably not.

godlluB
07-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Let me preface this by saying that I am 100% confident that DirecTV will have it. However, customer service reps aren't likely to know any more about it than anyone else.

Political Hack
07-21-2014, 06:20 PM
I think of all the major companies DTV is the least concerned about it. They have the NFL cornered. they're not going to lose hardly anything in their major 30-50 markets just with that.

engie
07-21-2014, 06:26 PM
DTV will have it before Aug 1 IMO

Political Hack
07-21-2014, 06:42 PM
they seem close based on speculation.

shoeless joe
07-21-2014, 06:44 PM
I've had directv for about 10 years. In that time I've only had one issue...a smart ass customer service agent that thought she worked at the DMV...but I will not hesitate to switch providers if they haven't picked up the SEC network by launch date.

Political Hack
07-21-2014, 07:29 PM
I am seriously thinking of streaming all content soon with just a hidef attenma from Wally World for $100 with the basic channels. Between Netflix, Hulu, and ESPN app on XBox I don't need much else.