PDA

View Full Version : Freeze was just on Finebaum...

CadaverDawg
07-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Paul talked a lot about the rivalry and Mullen. Mentioned "TSUN". Freeze talked up recruiting and how he wishes the rivalry "wasn't so bitter outside of a Thanksgiving week". Said "sometimes you feel like it is insurmountable to move up in the West with such good teams in the division". Paul said it must be tough with "Bama, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State, and now A&M to deal with every year".

Just a quick cliffs notes

starkvegasdawg
07-21-2014, 01:49 PM
If he had won 4/5 instead of lost 4/5 he wouldn't give a rip how bitter the rivalry was.

SDDawg
07-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Sounds like Freeze is getting wore out to me.

SDDawg
07-21-2014, 01:51 PM
To be fair, he's only lost one (so far). The pain train is coming though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc11tskjEGs

shoeless joe
07-21-2014, 01:52 PM
So his way of not adding to the bitterness is to purposely target our commits and negatively recruit toward us?

I've always wanted to give freeze the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his "persona" but that becomes harder and harder to do when his words are light years apart from his actions.

ShotgunDawg
07-21-2014, 01:52 PM
You mean girls basketball and Arkansas State wasn't this competitive?

missouridawg
07-21-2014, 01:59 PM
Sounds like Freeze is getting wore out to me.

During SEC media days, he made the comment that OM is far ahead of schedule from the plans he had for them. To me, that showed him trying to temper expectations. I think he knows what's coming this season and that the expectations of his delusional fanbase are at a boiling point.

starkvegasdawg
07-21-2014, 02:03 PM
During SEC media days, he made the comment that OM is far ahead of schedule from the plans he had for them. To me, that showed him trying to temper expectations. I think he knows what's coming this season and that the expectations of his delusional fanbase are at a boiling point.

Unless my 90 minutes of sleep last night is finally coming back to haunt me that means almost the opposite. If he thinks the team has progressed beyond where he imagined they would be at this time when he took the job then he thinks they are better than expected.

War Machine Dawg
07-21-2014, 02:03 PM
If he had won 4/5 instead of lost 4/5 he wouldn't give a rip how bitter the rivalry was.

Indeed. And it's his delusional fan base that began the escalation back in the early 2000s. But now "little brother" is bigger, stronger, meaner and has started punching back. They don't like it.

missouridawg
07-21-2014, 02:10 PM
Unless my 90 minutes of sleep last night is finally coming back to haunt me that means almost the opposite. If he thinks the team has progressed beyond where he imagined they would be at this time when he took the job then he thinks they are better than expected.

When you provide a look back into time and claim that you overachieved during that time period, it may insinuate that you're looking for leniency in the future. When I watched his interview, that's what I felt he was doing... but then again, I'm looking through maroon colored glasses too.

Johnson85
07-21-2014, 02:32 PM
When you provide a look back into time and claim that you overachieved during that time period, it may insinuate that you're looking for leniency in the future. When I watched his interview, that's what I felt he was doing... but then again, I'm looking through maroon colored glasses too.

I think that's definitely right. Even if he didn't have to worry about a thin OL, there is the issue with fans expecting the same forward steps year after year, which is not feasible. There was lots of forward progress early on because Nutt checking out made the team look a lot worse than its talent level, and then they had some things go right in recruiting beyond just recruiting well that allowed them to get Tunsil, treadwell, adn Nkemdichee. But he's still just in year three, has either chosen not to use the JUCO route to build depth on teh OL or has failed to do so, has a limited qb, has yet to have a real SEC RB (although I have read they have one this year), etc. It's going to take some time to progress from here unless he catches some really good breaks in the form of other teams being down and his team avoiding any significant injuries.

SDDawg
07-21-2014, 02:35 PM
As much as I hate it, Freeze is doing pretty well so I wouldn't argue his point.

When I talk about Freeze getting fired in 2015, the dumbass Ole Miss fans don't realize that I'm not talking badly about Freeze and saying he's a terrible coach (although I think his offense is one-dimensional for SEC play and I don't like his revival preacher persona). What I'm talking about their insane and unrealistic expectations, they're flat out crazy and won't ever accept a solid, successful coach. When he wins 8, they immediately want 10. If he ever wins 10, they'll immediately start talking Natty and won't stop until they win one (unlikely) or until they run him out of the State and complain about him not taking them to the next level. 7 wins in that program and a bowl game is the right kind of expectation: even with a couple of good recruiting classes they're not ready to take a step and likely can't with the coaching staff they have (top to bottom, it's not a great group). Mullen has won a national championship as an assistant and coached in multiple programs at that level: it's a different ballgame and I don't think Ole Miss people understand that.

Pollodawg
07-21-2014, 02:42 PM
This rivalry was ever not bitter? I didn't realize that Mississippi and MSU had been fast friends once......

starkvegasdawg
07-21-2014, 02:51 PM

I can see that being the take away from him saying that.

Political Hack
07-21-2014, 03:02 PM
they escalated the rivalry and we decided to stop fighting a nuclear war with a BB gun... so we went and got a .22 caliber pellet gun instead.

ShotgunDawg
07-21-2014, 03:12 PM
I think Ole Miss gets frustrated with Mississippi State because they would rather LSU be their 24/7, 365 bitter rivalry. However, the problem is, an out of state school can't be your 24/7, 365 rival when you continually get your ass kicked by the other in-state school that is in the same conference.

thunderclap
07-21-2014, 03:23 PM
Was he not there when they stormed the field two years ago in Oxford?

RougeDawg
07-21-2014, 03:24 PM
So his way of not adding to the bitterness is to purposely target our commits and negatively recruit toward us?

I've always wanted to give freeze the benefit of the doubt when it comes to his "persona" but that becomes harder and harder to do when his words are light years apart from his actions.

Ding ding ding.... We have a winner. This all f*cking day. Bucky's "Do As I Say, Not As I Do" persona is beginning to be realized by more and more media people, recruits, and just the regular fan. It's actually laughable because I've been telling my bear buddies for a couple years now, that his hypoctitical actions would eventually be his downfall. It's already effecting his recruiting. Given his and his staffs inability to develop lesser talent, the fall off in talent will result in less wins and be his demise. Let's not mention that MIzzou and Collins laid out the perfect blue print to shut down that offense with 2 NFL WR's. Now they only have one. This will be an eye opening year for many a bear fan, and sports pundit alike, when they see the results. Almost the same feeling I had when Nutt took them from Back to back Cotton Bowls to a 4 win season. I called
That year to a T when everybody else had them going to Atlanta.

TrapGame
07-21-2014, 03:26 PM
Not so bitter?!! Well, maybe if Douche Bag U hadn't paid for all of their talent and rubbed it in everybody's freaking face like a pair of soiled panties from your cheating girlfriend, we might actually have a slightly more civil discourse!

Political Hack
07-21-2014, 03:28 PM
Not so bitter?!! Well, maybe if Douche Bag U hadn't paid for all of their talent and rubbed it in everybody's freaking face like a pair of soiled panties from your cheating girlfriend, we might actually have a slightly more civil discourse!

I like this fellow.

Dawg61
07-21-2014, 03:43 PM

Add to Reputation: TrapGame
What do you think of TrapGame's post?
I approve
I disapprove
Your comments on this post: Hilarious, welcome to the board, sorry for the late welcome

blacklistedbully
07-21-2014, 03:45 PM
Ding ding ding.... We have a winner. This all f*cking day. Bucky's "Do As I Say, Not As I Do" persona is beginning to be realized by more and more media people, recruits, and just the regular fan. It's actually laughable because I've been telling my bear buddies for a couple years now, that his hypoctitical actions would eventually be his downfall. It's already effecting his recruiting. Given his and his staffs inability to develop lesser talent, the fall off in talent will result in less wins and be his demise. Let's not mention that MIzzou and Collins laid out the perfect blue print to shut down that offense with 2 NFL WR's. Now they only have one. This will be an eye opening year for many a bear fan, and sports pundit alike, when they see the results. Almost the same feeling I had when Nutt took them from Back to back Cotton Bowls to a 4 win season. I called
That year to a T when everybody else had them going to Atlanta.

I was doing the same on Rivals. Black Bears went ape-shit on me. Then when they started losing, 90% of them just disappeared.

BTW, I suspect this extra official the SEC is adding, whose job is to hold the ball until all umps and line-judges are in position is likely to hurt Ole Miss. They rely so much on snapping the ball so quickly. This past year's Egg Bowl is a great example of how much crap they get away with by snapping the ball before an official, replay or otherwise, can do their job.

Dawg61
07-21-2014, 03:53 PM
BTW, I suspect this extra official the SEC is adding, whose job is to hold the ball until all umps and line-judges are in position is likely to hurt Ole Miss. They rely so much on snapping the ball so quickly. This past year's Egg Bowl is a great example of how much crap they get away with by snapping the ball before an official, replay or otherwise, can do their job.

Absolutely this is the small counter to the cheating cherry picking Auburn and Ole Miss style of offense. Half of their offensive game plan is predicated on the defense being confused, not lined up correctly, not having the correct personnel and being winded. It's shit gimmick offense. Hate it.

Political Hack
07-21-2014, 04:05 PM
it's a read and react offense with limited options. Usually when a team lines up they can do anything. Freeze does one of 4-5 things 90% of the time.

Maroonthirteen
07-21-2014, 04:05 PM
Hilarious, welcome to the board!

sandwolf
07-21-2014, 04:19 PM

Didn't I read somewhere that each team would only play one game that was officiated by the crew that had the extra official?

Dawg61
07-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Didn't I read somewhere that each team would only play one game that was officiated by the crew that had the extra official?

Yes which makes zero sense. Now it becomes a huge distraction for both teams and the officials for one game of the year. Brilliant

messageboardsuperhero
07-21-2014, 04:23 PM
I was doing the same on Rivals. Black Bears went ape-shit on me. Then when they started losing, 90% of them just disappeared.

This is a good point. Freeze is going to have to make some adjustments this offseason- not only because of this new official, but because the teams with good defensive fronts really seemed to figure them out last year.

I'm really interested in seeing how he adjusts that scheme. If Freeze can prove he can make the necessary changes, I could see him having a good career. With all the moving around Freeze has done, this is maybe the first time opposing coaches have even gotten a good look at his offense for more than one year. Coordinators in the SEC have started scheming against what Freeze does- now we find out how he responds.

messageboardsuperhero
07-21-2014, 04:25 PM

Seriously? I didn't see that.

That's absolutely stupid. Either go with the extra official for one game, or just don't use it at all.

DudyDawg
07-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Saw that too, which I suppose "makes sense" if you look at it from that side. It's basically a trial period, and I think it would make sense for them to do a few games like that to try it out. That being said, IMO it would be smarter to do it for an out of conference game for each sec team that really won't matter. Put him out there for our game against USM, OM v Presbyterian, stuff like that, where you can see if it works but not to the point that it can determine who wins the SEC

ETA: give it a try, but not when it matters

TheRef
07-21-2014, 04:44 PM

That's absolutely stupid. Either go with the extra official for one game, or just don't use it at all.

It's a trial year for the Eighth official. Just like last year there was only one crew with the microphone communication system between officials.

War Machine Dawg
07-21-2014, 06:21 PM
I like this fellow.

Indeed. He's off to a strong start for 2015 RotY and 2015 Sultan of Zzzzzzzing.

BulldogBear
07-21-2014, 07:21 PM

I think it was every team will get at least one game with the extra official. Hint: it'll be when they play Bammer