PDA

View Full Version : Guys, let me say this

GreenheadDawg
07-20-2014, 10:06 PM
I have been a State fan for 27 years and one of the greatest times I can remember was going to Atlanta in 98 with my dad to see the bulldogs play and I hope my son will have the opportunity to say the same. I come from a die hard State family and my uncle hasn't missed a football game since 76. Having said that, they taught me at a young age to always temper my expectations and being a State fan in football was tough. I normally do just that but with this upcoming season it's just too damn hard. We have a contagious leader at quarterback that's a guy that a whole team and fan base and really rally around. Who gives a shit about what OM does or how good they are going to be or not be.. It's a hell of a time to be a bulldog and I think this is the most important season for our school and football program in recent memory. This season could be an absolute game changer for the football program and I truly believe we make some noise in the west this year

SDDawg
07-20-2014, 10:37 PM
Helluva a time to be a Bulldog, right on GHD!!!

Reason2succeed
07-20-2014, 10:42 PM
Finally, that damn cheer will be true! "I said it's GREAT to BE an MSU Dawg!" (Repeat)

Reason2succeed
07-20-2014, 10:49 PM
My freshmen season at State was 98 so I was spoiled up top. I have gone into EVERY season expecting a bowl game. As you know the Croom years were tough. Watching anemic pathetic offenses and QBs that regressed each season instead of progressing. Mullen has made that steady climb and I have been anxious and at times critical because the lack of big wins. This is the year that Mullen will silence me as a critic and buy my unquestioned loyalty. We MUST knock of a big name perennial player like LSU, Auburn or Alabama. I believe that it is possible because we have been so close in the past.

I want to feel the same way we felt in 98 again. But for me it will so much greater because back then I couldn't really appreciate how rare and how special going to Atlanta really was. I can tell you today that IF this is the magical breakthrough season that it could be and it should be I will appreciate it SO MUCH MORE NOW! I can't wait. The wool runneth over.

Percho
07-20-2014, 10:51 PM
The only thing I can think of that would have been tougher than my having been a Bulldog fan since 1959 is if Mama and Daddy had named me, Sue!

War Machine Dawg
07-20-2014, 11:06 PM
The only thing I can think of that would have been tougher than my having been a Bulldog fan since 1959 is if Mama and Daddy had named me, Sue!

I see what you did there. Post more, read less.

justwin
07-21-2014, 12:46 AM
2010 - The Saints win the dam super bowl! Took Payton, an offensive guru, 4 years to get a defense to match what he was doing on offense. Saw it with my dad on his 60th bday & one of the most memorable sporting events of my life. Mullen, an offensive guru like Payton albeit on a different level, is going into year 6 and I still think he's had a tougher climb than Payton. After years of torment of being a saints fan, I remember feeling so confident that they would come out with a win every game that season & they always did. This 2014 MSU team sure has the same feeling as the Saints squad.