PDA

View Full Version : Nice touch, Coach Mullen...

CadaverDawg
07-20-2014, 08:43 PM
Jamal Peters and crew holding the Egg Bowl trophy

http://instagram.com/p/qsWoe-mYME/

starkvegasdawg
07-20-2014, 08:54 PM
I guess Bucky can photoshop it in like he does BCS trophies and nfl players he never coached.

CadaverDawg
07-20-2014, 08:55 PM
I guess Bucky can photoshop it in like he does BCS trophies and nfl players he never coached.

This is why I nominated you for the Zzzzing award

Coach34
07-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Jamal Peters and crew holding the Egg Bowl trophy

http://instagram.com/p/qsWoe-mYME/

Mullen always practices even the little things- and used this time to start getting them used to holding it because it wont be going anywhere very often

SDDawg
07-20-2014, 10:40 PM
That's our damned trophy!!! I love how Mullen has really elevated this game, I don't even think that King Jackie put as much into it. GTHOM!!!

justwin
07-21-2014, 12:48 AM
This is my #1 reason that I like Dan. His #1 priority is to win the Egg Bowl.

Alldawg
07-21-2014, 08:09 AM
This is my #1 reason that I like Dan. His #1 priority is to win the Egg Bowl.

Why admit this? So your main goal is to win the Egg Bowl

Coach34
07-21-2014, 08:15 AM

there is nothing wrong- not one damn thing- with wanting to control your home state and dominate your rival. That doesn't mean you don't want to accomplish bigger goals- but you got to crawl before you can walk. I hate when people act like by doing that it's our only goal. Hell no it isn't- but it's definitely extremely important

Bubb Rubb
07-21-2014, 08:18 AM

No it's not. The primary goal is to compete for championships and dominate the state in recruiting. To accomplish the primary goal, winning the Egg Bowl is a requirement. That's the difference.

War Machine Dawg
07-21-2014, 12:24 PM
there is nothing wrong- not one damn thing- with wanting to control your home state and dominate your rival. That doesn't mean you don't want to accomplish bigger goals- but you got to crawl before you can walk. I hate when people act like by doing that it's our only goal. Hell no it isn't- but it's definitely extremely important

THIS. ****ING THIS. Can't be said any better.

ScoobaDawg
07-21-2014, 02:35 PM

Exactly. Its important but beating LSU, Bama, or Auburn is more important. Beating them is what will put us in Atlanta and possibly better. Beating the bears. well. its important but doesn't mean much on the national scale.

Pollodawg
07-21-2014, 02:37 PM
Its fun beating OM. But I am used to that. I want to beat someone I'm not used to seeing us embarass on a yearly basis, An Auburn, an LSU, a Bama, or a TAMU.

BulldogBear
07-21-2014, 04:24 PM
THIS. ****ING THIS. Can't be said any better.

+17ing 1

Dawgcentral
07-21-2014, 07:17 PM
The domination of TSUN is simply a good starting point. There may be a few of us who remember how John Bond handled LSU for 4 years,..there were LSU teams that were far worse in the years afterward that we couldn't seem to stay on the field with. I'm convinced that Mullen had Nutt's number when it came down to game planning. The way we defended in last years Egg Bowl made me think he starts preparing for that game well in advance, as long as the preparations align with the preceding week's needs.
With that said, player motivation plays a tremendous role. It might not be the biggest game on the schedule in the minds of some, but it's one we don't need to lose. Win that game. Point to it. Use it.