PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Game All American Classic

KB21
07-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Three Mississippi State commitments have been selected to play in the PG All American classic.

On the East squad will be Elih Marrero, catcher from Coral Gables Senior HS in Miami, FL, and Austin Riley, right handed pitcher and third baseman from Desoto Central HS in Hernando, MS.

On the West squad will be Greg Pickett, outfielder from Legend HS in Aurora, CO.

The football program isn't the only program that is doing very well in recruiting.

Todd4State
07-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Awesome! Riley is playing in the Under Armour All-American game as well.

rrog17
07-20-2014, 03:55 PM
What's chances that we get any of those guys on campus?

Todd4State
07-20-2014, 04:02 PM
No doubt there is risk that these guys will go pro.

Pickett is probably the one I'm most worried about. He's a legit LH power hitter that has MLB size. The thing that we have going for us is he has family connections to MSU with his Mother. I'd say that there is about a 25% chance of him coming to school.

Riley is similar in that he has MSU family connections. I'd say the chances of getting him to school are better, and from what I have heard it would take first-second round money for him to go pro. I'm going to put him at 50%.

The thing in our favor with Marrero is he is 5'9" and that may cause some teams to back off. I'm going to go with 50% here as well.

ScottH
07-20-2014, 04:12 PM
The thing in our favor with Marrero is he is 5'9" and that may cause some teams to back off. I'm going to go with 50% here as well.

Plus money is not an issue.

Todd4State
07-20-2014, 04:30 PM

Well, we can't assume that. I don't know what their financial situation is.

smootness
07-20-2014, 04:34 PM
I don't think 'worried' is the right word in this case. Our 2015 class will be very good even if they all go pro. I'm assuming none of them will actually show up, and if any do, it's a huge bonus.

Homedawg
07-20-2014, 04:47 PM

His dad really wants him to go to college. He's lived the big league life, he is fine financially, and thinks it's best for his son to go to college. As of now.

MsStateBaseball
07-20-2014, 04:58 PM
Great for them better for us. Exposure supreme. We will be getting more like them. Championship on the way.