PDA

View Full Version : Rosebowl Sets the record straight

ShotgunDawg
07-20-2014, 11:37 AM
Ole Miss fans are the most delusional, lied to fans in the SEC, and they been told that all of our recruits were marginal players. However, yesterday Rosebowl set the record straight about how many offers these players actually had. Were they commitable offers? Who the hell knows, and Ole Miss fans don't know either. If you don't think they are a good player, then don't offer in the first place.

I don't post premium content from pay sites, but I feel that this is a post that needs to be heard. We got commitments from good players, and most them haven't been fully evaluated yet, and all them haven't even started their Senior season yet. The key to scouting is seeing something before it happens, not after.

---------------------------------------------
--- Steve Robertson wrote:

There is already a lot chatter and demeaning comments about the MSU class. Sour grapes are vintage this time of year, but I just wanted to share a few things about those comments about MSU's class and SEC offers

John Calvin - Auburn, Tennessee and Texas A&M
Jonnas Spivey - Tennessee
Jamal Peters - Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Missouri, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Texas A&M
Nick Gibson - Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, South Carolina and Tennessee
Alec Murphy - While not SEC, he held several from the Big 10 and 12
Malik Dear - Alabama, LSU, Ole Miss
Maurice Smitherman - Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Missouri, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt.
Tommy Champion - Alabama and Ole Miss
Chason Virgil - Auburn, Florida, Ole Miss, and Missouri
Deddrick Thomas - Ole Miss and Vanderbilt
Dontea Jones - Florida, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Vanderbilt
Chris Stamps - Kentucky
Darrien McNair - Florida and Kentucky
Tim Washington - Ole Miss

There are several more with several offers from mid-major and non-SEC schools, but no matter how it's spun MSU is recruiting at a very high level and bringing in quality talents.*

Folks trying to down talk the class are simply revealing their true concern for what has taken place.

---------------------------------------------

Why do fans blindly accept the junior evaluation of these recruiting websites? It's mind boggling to me.

Harrydawg
07-20-2014, 11:46 AM
Thank you for posting.....spin is in high gear

tcdog70
07-20-2014, 11:48 AM
To Me- forget the stars, It's about who is offering them .

Thick
07-20-2014, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the post. Recruiting looks good, and I agree with you regarding evals. Now this team needs to put up a big season to solidify these recruits commitment.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-20-2014, 11:54 AM
Agreed. Basically the same post I made yesterday. The truth is, neither Om or Msu will recruit multiple all americans a year like bama. We are recruiting well enough to win 8 or 9 games. If we redshirt those guys and develop, every few years we will have our chance to make a run.

I mean, it is so subjective.
Look at aubie and mizzou last year.

Look at Uf, texas, uga, etc. those teams can basically pick who they want and msu and ole miss could beat all 3. I like our approach. Since dan had gotten here, you dont read about players getting in trouble or doing dumb shit. that stuff comes out weekly at other sec schools. Esp Om

Can you imagine dak prescott talking shit at the beach to fans? Or stealing? Or being caught up with drug dealers? Or generally showing his ass every time he goes out?

We are lucky we have him as a leader. I dont think folks here realize how important that is to team chemistry when your best player and qb is the hardest worker, talks softly, doesnt party really and leads by example.

cbrunt29
07-20-2014, 11:54 AM
To Me- forget the stars, It's about who is offering them .

That's the way I like to look at it.

codeDawg
07-20-2014, 11:55 AM
I think the biggest thing to point out is that if these guys don't have committable offers, fans should really be concerned about talent evaluation that's going on in Oxford. If you don't want a guy like Dear, what the hell are you doing?

ShotgunDawg
07-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Here is a good question:

If Freeze is such an amazing recruiter, then why does he have to flip everyone?

Does he make a bad first impression or does his sales pitch suck?

At what point do the Ole Miss boosters get sick of having to intervene?

Sure, they don't mind buying off a player, but wouldn't they rather the coach just he a good recruiter so they don't have to waste their money on guys that won't ever contribute?

ShotgunDawg
07-20-2014, 12:09 PM
This committable offer thing is the lamest excuse ever in recruiting. First off, the Ole Miss fans just blindly accept Yany's word on it, and secondly, why would OM offer bad players?

Sure, they may have higher players on the board, but what happens when they don't Land any of those?

Jacksondevildog
07-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Good point. Don't they realize that if you are having to pay off top recruits for their commitment, then maybe your coaches recruiting ability is overrated? They went all in on Nkemdiche, Tunsil and Treadwell, but they will not have things line up like that again any time soon. If you take those three off their team right now, it's a very pedestrian club that would be a 6 win team. They sold their souls to win, at most, 9 games in a regular season. At least when Auburn or Bama does it, they play for a national title.
Here is a good question:

Does he make a bad first impression or does his sales pitch suck?

At what point do the Ole Miss boosters get sick of having to intervene?

Sure, they don't mind buying off a player, but wouldn't they rather the coach just he a good recruiter so they don't have to waste their money on guys that won't ever contribute?

starkvegasdawg
07-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Here is a good question:

Two reasons:
1. Because he has to see what players are good. The only way he can do that is to read the top 300 lists and see who other schools are after hard.

2. It feeds the bear egos to flip a recruit. Remember there mantra is they can flip whoever they want.

Political Hack
07-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Rosie reading our board and using to make post over there? damn near same thing was said here yesterday.

Please ask them about posting subscription content over here. Not sure what the rules are there, but we'll respect their decision.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-20-2014, 12:26 PM
Rosie reading our board and using to make post over there? damn near same thing was said here yesterday.

Please ask them about posting subscription content over here. Not sure what the rules are there, but we'll respect their decision.

Unlike some assholes, I dont care if anyone copy and pastes my threads as premium content.

Original48
07-20-2014, 12:29 PM
Why do we care who ole miss offers? If we only have to beat out ole miss for a player is that a big win? I'm loving seeing all our commits with Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee etc offers. That tells me a lot more.

CadaverDawg
07-20-2014, 12:46 PM
It's all making sense now...

The gay avatar
The identical content

Ennis IS Rosebowl!!

Political Hack
07-20-2014, 01:34 PM
It's all making sense now...

The gay avatar
The identical content

Ennis IS Rosebowl!!

Ennis Content > GP Content

CadaverDawg
07-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Ennis Content > GP Content

Truth

And Ennis definitely lacks the GP sunshine

I seen it dawg
07-20-2014, 02:21 PM
Ole Miss isn't very good at recruiting. It shows year after year.

Political Hack
07-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Ole Miss isn't very good at recruiting. It shows year after year.

they count stars well. they just can't evaluate and develop talent worth a damn.

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-20-2014, 02:57 PM
Truth

And Ennis definitely lacks the GP sunshine

I hate everyone equally

CadaverDawg
07-20-2014, 03:20 PM
I hate everyone equally

+1

Martianlander
07-20-2014, 07:09 PM
When you buy players they own you. tsun is not smart enough to know this.

gravedigger
07-20-2014, 09:10 PM
Tc, THAT IS how stars are determined.

It's just not how teams evaluate.

AlSwearengen
07-20-2014, 09:14 PM
When you buy players they own you. tsun is not smart enough to know this.

They know it. Their problem is that they don't have much choice. Oxford and olemiss don't have a lot to offer culturally to the average 18-22 yr. old black male. Oxford is all about the old south, southern charm, etc. etc. etc. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it isn't for everybody, least of all the average college football player. Recruit-a-palooza put's a nice face on oxford for the recruits for that weekend, but eventually, those recruits will live there and see things for what they really are. A great place for the "old south" loving frat boys and 55 yr. old women.

Johnson85
07-21-2014, 11:46 AM
It's about who is offering them .

I don't even care about who else is offering them at this time of year. It's definitely a good sign if other schools are on a recruit, but I think this staff has established enough credibility that if they are willing to take a commitment right now and get it, I'm going to be excited about it. Maybe somebody that pays more attention will correct me, but I can't think of too many busts with players we were willing to accept a commitment from this early.