PDA

View Full Version : Matt Womack OL from Magnolia Heights commits to LSU.

Jacksondevildog
07-20-2014, 10:36 AM
I don't think we had much of a shot with him. It was basically an LSU/Ole Miss battle. The Rebels thought they had him locked up here recently.

MabenMaroon
07-20-2014, 10:38 AM
According to twitter Matt Womack is pronouncing that he is an LSU Tiger now. What do you bet that this " commitment " is specially engineered by the Land Dixie Beer Bear Sharks, 1) to try and deflect some intention from our big weekend or trying to inflect some disappointment our way, 2) setting up the stage for a big flipmas event in the future.

spiritual_machine2005
07-20-2014, 10:40 AM
Prepare for the rebs to make a run at Tommy Champion.

GreenheadDawg
I wouldn't read to much into this commitment. This reeks of a merry flipmas

SDDawg
Sweet Jesus, what a wonderful weekend. Congratulations young man! :)

CadaverDawg
Oh well. Let OM battle it out with their real rival over him. We got our Heisman Candidate from LSU country and he had an offer from LSU....so "Been There, Done That".

Enjoy spending all your time trying to spin our big recruiting haul, Rebs. I hope it keeps you up 24/7

BeastMan
07-20-2014, 10:41 AM
Wommack was 100% LSU the whole time. It was just a matter if LSU would let him commit. Congrats to the kid

mic
07-20-2014, 10:43 AM
Prepare for the rebs to make a run at Tommy Champion.

The Bears are making runs at basically every player in the top 20 in Mississippi.. Just aren't getting the results they want.

SDDawg
07-20-2014, 10:43 AM
Rebel Scum will make a run at anything and everything to look relevant. Starting to look like Ole Bucky is out of tricks though... :D

Pinto
07-20-2014, 11:01 AM
@DannyMartin2002: @Rivals_Robbie Can only assume no commitable offer from
Ole miss.

@MattWomack2015: @DannyMartin2002 I did have a committable from Ole Miss I just decided that this was the place that I felt was best for me

1bigdawg
07-20-2014, 11:18 AM
The Bears are making runs at basically every player in the top 20 in Mississippi.. Just aren't getting the results they want.

They have already said they don't want any of our commitments except Peters, and they weren't that high on him. How can they justify trying to flip them if they don't want them in the first place?**

GreenheadDawg
07-20-2014, 11:24 AM
They are so pathetic it's not even funny. If a kid doesn't pick them then they didnt have a commitable offer. Maybe the kid just doesn't like penny loafers and wool scarves so he doesn't want to go your school

ScottH
07-20-2014, 12:06 PM
Ole miss.

@MattWomack2015: @DannyMartin2002 I did have a committable from Ole Miss I just decided that this was the place that I felt was best for me

I can't fathom someone tweeting that to a kid.

AlSwearengen
07-20-2014, 12:09 PM

Amazing. I guess they wouldn't want the five star players that are committed to bama either.

whosyourdawgy
07-20-2014, 12:51 PM
Ole miss.

Hate to break this news but Danny Martin is a MSU fan that was being a jackass and got called out by Wommack for it.

ShotgunDawg
07-20-2014, 12:52 PM
Problem is that they are running out of players in Mississippi to recruit. If you think all but 3 players in the state suck, then who are you going to recruit and how can you fill out a class?

Pollodawg
07-20-2014, 12:54 PM
I am starting to think tho, back to our current class, that whoever said Mullen was about to pull out all of the stops to win was on to something.

Jacksondevildog
07-20-2014, 03:20 PM
Matt Womacks dad posts on Rebels 247 board:

Matt75 89 posts 44 minutes ago via Mobile
Matt wants to thank everyone and David Johnson. I gave David the info last week and I was for sure Matt was leaning OM.
LSU to Matt is a better fit in the pro style offense as a road grader. Thanks David W
Flag Quote
ReplyQuote

EAVdog
07-20-2014, 03:23 PM
Matt Womacks dad posts on Rebels 247 board:

Matt75 89 posts 44 minutes ago via Mobile
Matt wants to thank everyone and David Johnson. I gave David the info last week and I was for sure Matt was leaning OM.
LSU to Matt is a better fit in the pro style offense as a road grader. Thanks David W
Flag Quote
ReplyQuote

His Dad is right, that bubble screen basketball on grass is set up to tear your knees up. Just ask Tunsil.

thedawg
07-20-2014, 04:04 PM
This one cut the rebels deep.. They have to pull out all the stops to try and flip some more to save face... If they can't buy Leo they will trickle down the list throwing big money around.. Last year they tried Gerri Green the Jamoral Graham and on and on until they flipped rawlings who they didn't want and found Tee Shepards price the night before signing day... Its gonna be a wild ride because they are getting their ass kicked in the only thing they are good at and can't stand it

GreenheadDawg
07-20-2014, 04:09 PM
This one cut the rebels deep.. They have to pull out all the stops to try and flip some more to save face... If they can't buy Leo they will trickle down the list throwing big money around.. Last year they tried Gerri Green the Jamoral Graham and on and on until they flipped rawlings who they didn't want and found Tee Shepards price the night before signing day... Its gonna be a wild ride because they are getting their ass kicked in the only thing they are good at and can't stand it

It's gonna get really ugly.

AlSwearengen
07-20-2014, 05:28 PM
I have always said and Jackie used to point it out (which is part of why they hate him so much). With all outside things like money, early p.t., etc. being equal, State is more attractive to probably 80% of black 18-22 yr. old males. If ole miss has a run of good seasons and we have a run of bad ones, that would change some. I am in no way accusing anyone of racism here. There is just a larger black community in and around MSU and Starkville.

They realize this and that is why they are so aggressive at trying to flip kids that were originally headed someplace else. Of course, they get them to oxford and many times the kid isn't happy there.

justwin
07-21-2014, 12:54 AM
If MSU beats both OM & LSU on the road, I think he'll give us another look. If Leo Lewis will MSU another look, Wommack will give MSU another look.

Sounds like MSU wanted him to get in shape before offering...in his defense, he did & now he's a legit SEC player. In our coaches defense, they knew what it would take to get where he is & I'm sure they communicated that to him to "develop" him.

Todd4State
07-21-2014, 01:09 AM
If MSU beats both OM & LSU on the road, I think he'll give us another look. If Leo Lewis will MSU another look, Wommack will give MSU another look.

Sounds like MSU wanted him to get in shape before offering...in his defense, he did & now he's a legit SEC player. In our coaches defense, they knew what it would take to get where he is & I'm sure they communicated that to him to "develop" him.

I saw on twitter where his Dad or someone got him a big yellow car with a LSU plate on the front.

I don't think he's going to give anyone else another look.

ShotgunDawg
07-21-2014, 07:45 AM
I agree that he won't give us another look, but it's pretty sad that Mississippi kids grow with LSU being their dream school. We need to fix that.

headcoach98
07-21-2014, 08:49 AM

My thoughts exactly, how pathetic.