PDA

View Full Version : This year is the countdown to Freeze 's

cheewgumm
07-20-2014, 10:06 AM
Demise.

How does he keep his job if he can't beat Mullen with such a talent disparity ?

starkvegasdawg
07-20-2014, 10:13 AM
You are actually dead on. The bears are setting themselves up. All you hear from them is how superior they are in every aspect. They recruit better, they have better facilities, they have more on field talent, etc. Yet we keep beating them. They dismiss the 4/5 by saying their current coach is 1-1. We beat them this year at their place then they have eliminated all their excuses and will blame the beaver. Gee Wally, I thought they loved me.

GreenheadDawg
07-20-2014, 10:19 AM
As much as we would all like for them to hype up their talent and then win 4-5 games is just not gonna happen. They do have talent in several positions but also have some big holes, especially on o-line. I mentioned in another thread that when we beat them, and make no mistake we will beat them, they will pull out all the stops to flip Peters and sign Lewis and Adams. If they accomplish that then the flock will be happy because that's all they care about. BUT, if they lose and those players sign with us then I agree with you, this will be the beginning of the end. On a side note, I love how they continue to say that Mullen sucks, so that means that a coach that sucks that has inferior talent has beaten them 4 out of 5 years. What does that say about their coach? The facts are there they just care not to look at them

cheewgumm
07-20-2014, 10:23 AM
Also if we win on Oxford they have to then cons back to Starkville, so they'll be looking at 6 if 7 losses.

SDDawg
07-20-2014, 10:30 AM
OP has it right, Freeze is on the down slope for sure. Mark it DOWN, OM is not going to improve a lick next season. Here's my analysis of their season:

Boise State Broncos (GA Dome)- W, I don't think Boise has the athletes to beat OM but hope I'm wrong. :) Could be a surprise on a neutral field though.
@Vanderbilt- L, I like Vandy with a new coach and at home. I think Vandy will avenge the fluke loss this year at home but OM will make it very close.
Ragin' Cajuns- W
Memphis- W
Alabama- L, I don't expect this one to be close assuming Bama keeps their train rolling.
@Texas A&M- L, A&M will be down but Kyle Field is a tough place to play and they'll edge out OM (could be a toss up).
Tennessee- W, Butch Jones may find a way to win on the road here but it's going to be tough. I like the direction of the Vols but I don't think they'll get this one.
@LSU- L, not even close. OM will be way overconfident after last year's flukey win and they'll get beat down, big time.
Auburn- L, Auburn will roll.
Presbyterian- W(TF???) smh, ridiculous.
@Arkansas- W, but it could be close if Bielema continues to build momentum with the ground and pound attack. Home field makes this one close to a toss up for the Hogs, Bielema will be on the ropes and will need this win.
MSU- L, Mullen makes it 5 out of 6 and puts Freeze on the run. OM will be calling for his head.

This would get them to 6 - 6 but I do think they may win one of these toss up games and make it 7 wins. Major injury at a key position and they could slip to 5 wins, if everything goes right no more than 8 wins. Anything 9 - 3 or better is a PIPE DREAM, not a chance in hell that they win the West. I'm personally hoping that Bo gets his clock cleaned early in the year and they're forced to go with Kincade. That happens, they won't even bowl.

CadaverDawg
07-20-2014, 10:44 AM
You are actually dead on. The bears are setting themselves up. All you hear from them is how superior they are in every aspect. They recruit better, they have better facilities, they have more on field talent, etc. Yet we keep beating them. They dismiss the 4/5 by saying their current coach is 1-1. We beat them this year at their place then they have eliminated all their excuses and will blame the beaver. Gee Wally, I thought they loved me.

http://www.insideout-tees.com/images/sample_beaver.gif

Coach34
07-20-2014, 10:46 AM
Vandy is not going to be very good this year- they lost alot

SDDawg
07-20-2014, 11:08 AM
I agree Coach, but Ole Miss is a huge rival for Vandy and it's a game that they have at home that they could get up for. Sure, Vandy could lose that game but Tennessee could just as easily surprise OM at home. I don't deny that the Bears have a path to a winning season but there ain't no SEC West title in the cards for them no matter how you do the math. They're one significant injury away from 5 wins.

1bigdawg
07-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Vandy is not going to be very good this year- they lost alot

I agree with Coach and think they will be 6-4 going into Arkansas. How they play the last two weeks will make or break them mentally.

If, as I hope and believe, they go 6-6, then Freeze will really be on the hot seat going into 2015 and with a tougher schedule. If we continue recruiting as it appears we are, that will exacerbate his problems.

Political Hack
07-20-2014, 11:26 AM
I think OM wins 7 during the regular season. I think they'll lose 2 of their matchups with UT, @A&M, and @Ark. I think they lose to us, LSU, and Bama. I also think ULaLa will expose them early and test them more than they wanted. I look for OM fans to be bitching after a win in that one.

msstate7
07-20-2014, 11:39 AM
I think OM wins 7 during the regular season. I think they'll lose 2 of their matchups with UT, @A&M, and @Ark. I think they lose to us, LSU, and Bama. I also think ULaLa will expose them early and test them more than they wanted. I look for OM fans to be bitching after a win in that one.
If OM loses 1 or both of their first 2 games, I think ull's game could be hud's OM job interview

engie
07-20-2014, 12:25 PM
See -- threads like this are only a gnats ass away from the delusion of Spirit recruiting -- just going the other way.

OM is going to be good this year. There will be no "hot seat" or "falling apart" when they win 8 games again. Could there be murmurs of discontent? Sure. Just like started with Mullen in 2011.

Our 2011 season is what I see as basically their "worst case scenario" this year -- a good team with one glaring weakness IF injuries happen up front on offense.

engie
07-20-2014, 12:27 PM
If OM loses 1 or both of their first 2 games, I think ull's game could be hud's OM job interview

He's already(literally) been there and done that. Removed his name from consideration over their "concerns about his ties to MSU" prior to their hiring of Freeze. Word from his camp was that he was going to be asked to sign a "non-compete" involving us and that's what broke the negotiation down.

cheewgumm
07-20-2014, 12:31 PM
I'm really trying to use a bit
If absurdity to make a point to the Omu fans. I should be mor clear I guess.

The point is that all OMU talks about is how their talent is fR superior and Mullen is an inferior coach, etc, etc

So logic would dictate if Mullen beats them again and again that the only
Reason is coaching. If freeze can't beat Mullen when he has far
More talent and we are by far the worst talented team in the SEC, then obviously they should get rid of
Him, right?

what am I missing?

defiantdog
07-20-2014, 12:35 PM
See -- threads like this are only a gnats ass away from the delusion of Spirit recruiting -- just going the other way.

OM is going to be good this year. There will be no "hot seat" or "falling apart" when they win 8 games again. Could there be murmurs of discontent? Sure. Just like started with Mullen in 2011.

Our 2011 season is what I see as basically their "worst case scenario" this year -- a good team with one glaring weakness IF injuries happen up front on offense.

I completely agree engie. OM will be a good team this year. Let me rephrase that.... they will have good individuals that will win some games this year. Freeze isn't going anywhere though. Hell, half of this board wanted Mullen gone last year until we beat OM.

Gordon Gekko
07-20-2014, 12:36 PM
I'm really trying to use a bit
If absurdity to make a point to the Omu fans. I should be mor clear I guess.

The point is that all OMU talks about is how their talent is fR superior and Mullen is an inferior coach, etc, etc

So logic would dictate if Mullen beats them again and again that the only
Reason is coaching. If freeze can't beat Mullen when he has far
More talent and we are by far the worst talented team in the SEC, then obviously they should get rid of
Him, right?

what am I missing?

You are missing that the egg bowl is our Super Bowl. It's all we prepare for all year long. Whereas they don't care about the game at all and are preparing for bowl games or recruiting.

/bear fan

cheewgumm
07-20-2014, 12:40 PM
"There's no way they'd fire a coach for wing 8."- d cutcliffe

Pollodawg
07-20-2014, 12:45 PM
They can tout all they want about facilities and whatnot, but our upgrades blow them out of the water. Our stadium is bigger than theirs is now. Our game day atmosphere is better because we have fans that actually show up to games AND STAY believe it or not.

They have us nowhere.

CadaverDawg
07-20-2014, 12:56 PM

The return of engie continues. ^This^

All of this 5-6 win talk is sheepish. OM will easily win 7, and likely 8-9 IMO. Don't be shocked if both teams are 8-3 headed into the Egg Bowl

Oxfordawg
07-20-2014, 01:37 PM
I'm going on record saying Ragin Cajuns beat OM don't know why but I have that feeling. Hud will his team pumped for this one

engie
07-20-2014, 01:45 PM
"There's no way they'd fire a coach for wing 8."- d cutcliffe

Except he won 4 that year -- and basically told them to piss off when staff changes were pushed on him, forcing their hand. Even then, they regret that -- and most of their fans didn't even remotely support the decision at the time.

Oh -- and Cutcliffe didn't play the recruiting game nor endear himself to their money people -- and even when we were falling apart and under investigation while they had Eli -- Jackie was recruiting circles around him according to the almighty 'croot rankings. I don't see Freeze following the same path...

cbrunt29
07-20-2014, 01:53 PM
The return of engie continues. ^This^

All of this 5-6 win talk is sheepish. OM will easily win 7, and likely 8-9 IMO. Don't be shocked if both teams are 8-3 headed into the Egg Bowl
I've been saying this for a while now. I think OM and MSU will have the same record heading into the egg bowl. This is gonna be a hell of a showdown in Oxford this year.

cheewgumm
07-20-2014, 02:13 PM
I'm only syaing he will be on the hot seat if we beat them. I still think they will win 7 probably. I never said or think they will win 5.

Their fans are convinced that us beating them is a mistake. If they truly believe that, they won't stand for a coach who cany beat us. Regardless if they win 8.

DownwardDawg
07-20-2014, 02:17 PM
I see a battle for The Golden Egg between 8-3 ole miss and 9-2 MSU.

Political Hack
07-20-2014, 02:25 PM

I could see both at 8-3 easily or either at 9-2, but I think our floor is 8 wins and theirs is 7.

Coach34
07-20-2014, 03:25 PM
Not sure how many times this needs to be said- Ole Miss has a pretty good football team in 2014. They have a solid QB, decent RB's, and really good WR's. Their starting OL will be solid. On D, they will be pretty good there also. Their problems are OL depth and schedule.

If they suffer OL injuries- they will have some trouble. They have no room for error there.

They play Bama , Auburn, and State at home- the three most talented teams in the West. Gonna be hard for them to win those- but an upset is certainly possible. Bama has an off-week to prepare for them, so 2 weeks for Saban to get ready doesnt do them any favors.

Their road games are the key- @A&M, @LSU, and @UPig. Freezus is 2-6 in the SEC as a HC on the road- the miracle comeback vs Vandy last year to begin the season and a win over a shitty UPig team in 2012.

defiantdog
07-20-2014, 03:31 PM
I could see both at 8-3 easily or either at 9-2, but I think our floor is 8 wins and theirs is 7.

8 - 3 basically means they would have to beat Tennessee at home and A & M at Kyle Field. I think Bama, Auburn, and LSU at Baton Rouge will be 3 losses for them this year. Other than that, I think you're right.

If we make it to 9 - 2, we'll have to beat one of the big boys this year. Luckily, we have A & M and Auburn at home.

Dawgowar
07-20-2014, 03:39 PM

If that is the case I am buying stock in brown paper bag manufacturers - be a lot of hyperventilating Mo-fo's in the State of Mississippi this year. Both sides. "We gotta win...we gotta win...puff...pufff....

SDDawg
07-20-2014, 04:19 PM
I'm not buying all of this 8 and 9 win talk for OM. I'm telling you guys, 6 wins is a real scenario for them and I think 7 is going to take some work on their part. I laid it out in detail. You can argue that A&M, Tennessee, and Vandy are all winnable games for them and I'd agree. But they could also lose those games with 2 of them being on the road, and losing all 3 is a real possibility. They have to win all of those to have a shot at 8 wins. Take those potential losses and add in the losses that I'd expect to Bama, Auburn and MSU and that's 6 losses, don't be shocked if it happens. Another wildcard game is Boise State. They may not have SEC athletes, but they'll be well coached and it's on a neutral field. Not sure that OM will know what to do with themselves in Atlanta... :D

Coach34
07-20-2014, 04:35 PM
Tennessee lost all 5 starters on their OL- they arent winning in Oxford

starkvegasdawg
07-20-2014, 04:37 PM
I think they can beat auburn and A&M for the same reason I think we have an excellent shot to. Those two teams, I think, are badly over rated. I think we stand a better chance due to us just being a better team and having both at home, though. Unless the aggies found a defense in the off season most teams will put up 40 on them. I don't think they did. In fact they lost key pieces of an already horrid defense. Their offense will not be as able to match teams score for score either. Auburn may surprise me but they lost their best RB and they were just plain lucky last year. Can't see that continuing. Tsun could win both or lose both. Depends on whether or not their best players decide to play like they care or if they've made bail.

Todd4State
07-20-2014, 04:43 PM
I think Boise State is the first key to the season for them. If they lose that, it could be a long year.

I don't know if Boise will continue their run of good coaches or not, and that's a question mark for me about them. But I do think they will be a very physical team like they always are and I think any game against a SEC team they are going to put a lot of focus and emphasis on it, so we'll see what happens.

SDDawg
07-20-2014, 04:49 PM
Coach34- I agree that it's a long shot. But would you agree that *IF* they lose to Boise State in Atlanta that 6 wins is a likely outcome next year? It's another toss up in my mind, I'll admit that I'm a little biased against OM though. :D

CadaverDawg
07-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Coach34- I agree that it's a long shot. But would you agree that *IF* they lose to Boise State in Atlanta that 6 wins is a likely outcome next year? It's another toss up in my mind, I'll admit that I'm a little biased against OM though. :D

What's with all the smiley faces?

SDDawg
07-20-2014, 05:01 PM
What's with all the smiley faces?

I'm a friendly guy. People hate it.

Political Hack
07-20-2014, 05:01 PM
8 - 3 basically means they would have to beat Tennessee at home and A & M at Kyle Field. I think Bama, Auburn, and LSU at Baton Rouge will be 3 losses for them this year. Other than that, I think you're right.

If we make it to 9 - 2, we'll have to beat one of the big boys this year. Luckily, we have A & M and Auburn at home.

I think we beat Auburn.

CadaverDawg
07-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Not sure how many times this needs to be said- Ole Miss has a pretty good football team in 2014. They have a solid QB, decent RB's, and really good WR's. Their starting OL will be solid. On D, they will be pretty good there also. Their problems are OL depth and schedule.

If they suffer OL injuries- they will have some trouble. They have no room for error there.

They play Bama , Auburn, and State at home- the three most talented teams in the West. Gonna be hard for them to win those- but an upset is certainly possible. Bama has an off-week to prepare for them, so 2 weeks for Saban to get ready doesnt do them any favors.

Their road games are the key- @A&M, @LSU, and @UPig. Freezus is 2-6 in the SEC as a HC on the road- the miracle comeback vs Vandy last year to begin the season and a win over a shitty UPig team in 2012.

Coach, we gonna do some sort of preseason prognosticators? Would love to see where everyone thinks the SEC will shake out.

DawgPoundRock
07-20-2014, 05:50 PM
Watch out ladycici is prolly taking all this back too the spirit board like she does every other thread we make. Lol

blacklistedbully
07-20-2014, 06:13 PM
Coach, what impact do you think the added official in the SEC will have on Freeze's HUNH? I suspect it's going to throw a fairly big monkey-wrench into their offense.

BeardoMSU
07-20-2014, 06:20 PM
I think a lot of people are selling Boise St. short. Yes, Peterson left, but the players he recruited and the scheme he implemented are still there.

I agree with above, the key to their season is starting strong with Boise. If they get by them, we'll know real quick what kind of team they have. Vandy ain't winning that game. They lost way way way too much, both on the sideline and on the field.

Some of you need to just accept that, like us, OM is going to have a very good exciting team this year. Indeed they are 1 or 2 injuries on the O line from some serious trouble, but if they can avoid that, they will win a lot of games. I expect the egg bowl to be between two 8(+) win teams.

BulldogBear
07-20-2014, 06:23 PM
Coach, we gonna do some sort of preseason prognosticators? Would love to see where everyone thinks the SEC will shake out.

I figured you'd give us some vcash odds on winners of each division sometime before kickoff

BulldogBear
07-20-2014, 06:28 PM
I think we beat Auburn.
Me too. I've openly stated that they are the most overrated team in the conference coming into the season. I've been more reserved about the fact that I think we are going to skull drag Auburn this year. Okay, there. I've said it.

1) So, Auburn is the game that I think we won't be supposed to win yet we do and at the same time do so leaving no doubt.
2) At Kentucky is the game we better show up for or risk upset.

RougeDawg
07-20-2014, 06:34 PM
They are one injury away from 4-5 wins. If they lose Tunsil or Brolocks they will struggle to make a bowl. Tell me what you've seen from either of those two, that indicates they will stay heathy? This is the SEC and they will have injuries. Injuries with 0.000 depth is what gets you in this league. That's where I do not see where all the hype is coming from. Their depth should be enough cause for most educated minded people to objectively place them no higher than 5th in the west this year. There's a reason Vegas has their win total O/U at 7.5 games.

Johnson85
07-21-2014, 12:09 PM

Agree with everything but I think you're underestimating what this season will do to the perception of Freeze in Oxford. I've heard a lot of UM fans already complaining about how predictable Freeze's offense is. Nevermind that they have a QB with a noodle arm and their only SEC quality RB was a scat back, he should be able to come up with an offense that is better than chunking it up to their future NFL WR or getting it on the outside to a pretty good stable of WR, a very strong position group for them. Fans have really bought into the idea that they have elite talent. I expect UM to be good this year and hit 8 wins, but there's really not much difference between a 6-6 and 9-6 season for them. A couple of key injuries and/or a UT, Arkansas, or A&M making an unexpectetd jump (or unexpected reloading in the case of A&M). It happens pretty much every year in the SEC and I would say fans will not be very forgiving of Freeze if that's the case. Freeze certainly wont' get fired, but his leash will get much shorter than it should if they have a 6-6 year that is largely caused by injuries.

Johnson85
07-21-2014, 12:12 PM
They are one injury away from 4-5 wins. If they lose Tunsil or Brolocks they will struggle to make a bowl. Tell me what you've seen from either of those two, that indicates they will stay heathy? This is the SEC and they will have injuries. Injuries with 0.000 depth is what gets you in this league. That's where I do not see where all the hype is coming from. Their depth should be enough cause for most educated minded people to objectively place them no higher than 5th in the west this year. There's a reason Vegas has their win total O/U at 7.5 games.

Their offense if a good one to hide weaknesses on teh OL. They shoudl be able to handle all 4 OOC with backups, and I think Vandy will be bad although not bad enough for UM to beat them with backups. Any one of A&M, Ark, and UT could end up being pretty good, but any of them could also be pretty mediocre. I think it takes more than one injury to get them below 6 wins.