PDA

View Full Version : Colby Lewis (Rangers pitcher)

Smitty
07-20-2014, 08:29 AM
This guy is now the biggest bitch in the history of baseball.

In the 5th inning, up only 2 runs, the Blue Jays Rasmus lays down a bunt because the rangers were playing him in a huge shift. Well Lewis didn't like that.

"You're up by 2 runs with 2 outs and you lay down a bunt? I don't think that's the way the game should be played. I felt like we have a situation were you're up 2 runs and there's 2 outs, you've gotten a hit off me earlier in the game, we're playing a shift, and he laid a bunt down simply for his batting average. He didnt steal to get into scoring position so that tells me he's just looking out for himself"

What a load of crap. It's just the 5th, in a 2 run game, and they were shifting! Colby Lewis is what's wrong with baseball.

msstate7
07-20-2014, 08:37 AM
Geez... Thank God a brave didnt say that. He's an embarrassment to the rangers

missouridawg
07-20-2014, 09:35 AM
I would bunt 100% of the time they played a shift on me.

Don't want me to bunt? The dont shift.

Bubb Rubb
07-20-2014, 10:00 AM
This guy is now the biggest bitch in the history of baseball.

In the 5th inning, up only 2 runs, the Blue Jays Rasmus lays down a bunt because the rangers were playing him in a huge shift. Well Lewis didn't like that.

"You're up by 2 runs with 2 outs and you lay down a bunt? I don't think that's the way the game should be played. I felt like we have a situation were you're up 2 runs and there's 2 outs, you've gotten a hit off me earlier in the game, we're playing a shift, and he laid a bunt down simply for his batting average. He didnt steal to get into scoring position so that tells me he's just looking out for himself"

What a load of crap. It's just the 5th, in a 2 run game, and they were shifting! Colby Lewis is what's wrong with baseball.

He has it backwards. The players who are looking out for themselves, who are selfish, are the ones who swing away into a shift. If I'm at the plate and they shift on me, I'm bunting every time. Colby Lewis should've gone to Ole Miss.