PDA

View Full Version : ole miss spirit recruiting board entertainment

Pokerdawg44
07-20-2014, 04:20 AM
Im not very comp savy and did my best copying and pasting from my phone so you could follow but its from the spirit recruiting board. theyre in full spin. apparently they are only want one of our commits (peters) and we want 6 of their 9 commits. also dear and washington would jump if they had committable offers. msu also could still end up having our worst class ever during the mullen era. and yancy chimes in talking about the msu media spin machiine and how mullen was 2 plays away from 4-8 last yr. and how msu is over playing this so called historical weekend with one decent commit.
you just cant make this up. rebs in full panic mode

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is everyone so worried...

TampaBayRebelOle Miss Legend2392 posts this siteIgnore this MemberSend Private Message
TampaBayRebel
Nominate*|*Report

Posted: 7/18/2014*11:43*PM

Why is everyone so worried...*

about MSU recruiting?**

Try to keep things in perspective guys, as of now MSU has 25 commits, and of those 25 there is only 1 player they have that we want. (Jamal Peters). Tim Washington and Malik Dear would jump in a heartbeat if they had commitable offers, but as of now, they don't.

On the other hand we have 9 commits, and of those 9 commits there are 6 that MSU wants. (Linton, Johnson, Swinney, Walls, Amadi, & Hibbler)

Let that sink in a minute.* I'm not sure how many MSU can sign this year, but they are already at 25 commis, so they have to be almost full. On the other hand, we still have about 10 more spots to give, and we are still in on a ton of high profile national guys

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every Rebel should join the Quarterback Club

Last edited 7/18/2014*11:53*PM by TampaBayRebel

Reply*|*Quotestickyricky34Ole Miss Insider547 posts this siteIgnore this MemberSend Private MessageNominate*|*Report

Posted: 7/18/2014*11:55*PM

Re: Whys is everyone so woried...*

Stickyrick34

We are walls only offer*

---------------------------------------------
--- TampaBayRebel wrote:

about MSU recruiting?**

Try to keep things in perspective guys, as of now MSU has 25 commits, and of those 25 there is only 1 player they have that we want. (Jamal Peters). Tim Washington and Malik Dear would jump in a heartbeat if they had commitable offers, but as of now, they don't.

On the other hand we have 9 commits, and of those 9 commits there are 6 that MSU wants. (Linton, Johnson, Swinney, Walls, Amadi, & Hibbler)

Let that sink in a minute.* I'm not sure how many MSU can sign this year, but they are already at 25 commis, so they have to be almost full. On the other hand, we still have about 10 more spots to give, and we are still in on a ton of high profile national guys.

TampaBayRebel
Re: Whys is everyone so woried...*

Yes, but don't think for a minute MSU (and other SEC schools) wouldn't want Fred Walls.* He was just an Ole Miss lock from the jump.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ampwoody
MSU recruiting was better in 2014 than it is this year*

You guys need to settle down.**I was looking at the team recruiting numbers and MSU*could finish lower in 2015 than they did in 2014. Let them have their fun today but when you really look at the numbers they have double the*commits that most schools have. Their lofty ranking is very misleading and will start to*plummet south as the season progresses and other schools increase their number of commits. Consider these figures.

MSU currently has*25*commits and total team recruiting points of*1910*for the year*2015. Their average star per recruit (3.08) is 37th out of the top*50 teams for 2015. In*2014*they finished with*24*signees (that's 1 less than the number of commits that they have right now) and*total team recruiting points of*2184*was good for*39th*in the country.*

Things can certainly change between now and February 2015. They could add more commits such as Adams and others (sorry mutts, you aren't getting Patterson or Lewis, who will both be Ole Miss Rebels) and they also*could lose some of their current commits like Peters to LSU, Bama *or elsewhere. There could be new evaluations as well.

Bottom line is this. As stated MSU currently has*25*commits and total team recruiting points of*1910*for the year 2015. Based on last years final numbers they have*to finish with*about*2700*points just to sniff the bottom of the top 25.

Just an opinion and prediction but the final 2015 recruiting numbers will see MSU finish somewhere around 25th (probably lower) and your OM Rebels will finish about 15th nationally. If you are an OM fan and you spend any time worrying about recruiting against MSU you simply have too much time on your hands and you need to stand up and slap yourself in the face. Just remember,*we're talking recruiting here and this is Freeze vs. *******.*That's such a mismatch that Vegas wouldn't put a line on it.*

Also CHF will*not*drop the ball this November and when the final whistle blows in VHS it will be crystal clear which team is on the rise and which team after 6 years with it's current head coach has hit it's ceiling.

Last edited Yesterday*5:01*AM by ampwoody

Reply*|*QuoteChesBayOle Miss Legend2958 posts this siteIgnore this MemberSend Private MessageNominate*|*Report
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chesbay
Posted: Yesterday*6:51*AM

Excellent, thanks. I just don't get why people*

are FREAKING OUT in JULYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Reply*|*QuoteyancyporterOle Miss Legend36831 posts this siteIgnore this MemberSend Private Message
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YANCYPORTER
Nominate*|*Report

Posted: Yesterday*7:13*AM

Re: Why is everyone so worried...*

Because they got one elite player in MS, Peters, and a bunch of fluff with him, but the MSU media "spin machine" doped some of the OM fans into believing it was some historical day and a historic class.

Reminds me of how it is being spun for this upcoming season on the field when they were two plays away from being 4-8 last season and wanted to run Mullen out of town. *Now he is a program builder. *

Geez.

TampaBayRebel wrote:*about MSU recruiting?**

Let that sink in a minute.* I'm not sure how many MSU can sign this year, but they are already at 25 commis, so they have to be almost full. On the other hand, we still have about 10 more spots to give, and we are still in on a ton of high profile national guys.

Mississippi Scout

Last edited Yesterday*7:21*AM by yancyporter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply*|*Quoteolemiss38Ole Miss Legend5198 posts this siteIgnore this MemberSend Private MessageNominate*|*Report

Posted: Yesterday*7:38*AM

Thanks Yancy for telling it like it is!!!

Reply*|*Quotepqrt44Ole Miss Legend2530 posts this siteIgnore this MemberNominate*|*Report

Posted: Yesterday*8:09*AM

MSU is dead last in the SEC in star ranking per recruit*

You could make a strong case that this is the worst recruiting year of the Mullen era.* Their oeverall star rank per recruit is only 3.08 (OM is 3.22).* They are even behind Vandy.

Reply*|*QuoteUM002Ole Miss Insider682 posts this siteIgnore this MemberSend Private MessageNominate*|*Report

Posted: Yesterday*8:16*AM

Not doing good with OL they need to sign*

4 really good ones

Reply*|*QuoteSemper1Ole Miss Legend6176 posts this siteIgnore this MemberSend Private Message

Nominate*|*Report

Posted: Yesterday*8:53*AM

--- yancyporter wrote:

Because they got one elite player in MS, Peters, and a bunch of fluff with him, but the MSU media "spin machine" doped some of the OM fans into believing it was some historical day and a historic class.

Reminds me of how it is being spun for this upcoming season on the field when they were two plays away from being 4-8 last season and wanted to run Mullen out of town. *Now he is a program builder. *

Geez.

The Blevins guy now doing recruiting for the Clarion Ledger has an article today hyping the Peters commit and MSU's class to high heaven. He acts like it's the greatest recruiting class in the history of Mississippi. For whatever reason, the CL is stuck way up MSU's butt this season, and that's going to continue. They've already given Dak Prescott the Heisman. The rubes at MSU are eating it up, of course.

Last edited Yesterday*9:44*AM by Semper1

Reply*|*QuoteChesBayOle Miss Legend2958 posts this siteIgnore this MemberSend Private MessageNominate*|*Report

Posted: Yesterday*8:57*AM

Yancy, great points. Too bad the sky is*

falling crowd will forget soon.* nm

Reply*|*QuotegalacarOle Miss Trainer124 posts this siteIgnore this MemberNominate*|*Report

Posted: Yesterday*9:41*AM

Good post, Yancy, but you can count the Clarion-Ledger as part..*

of State's spin machine re current recruiting.

Reply*|*QuoterebeltwoOle Miss Legend13025 posts this siteIgnore this MemberSend Private Message

Nominate*|*Report

Posted: Yesterday*9:43*AM

So true Yancy... We have a bunch of nervous nellies that get scared at the very mention of mutt u possibly getting a good athlete... Hell, all you have to do is look at their past classes and see that it's just like Yancy said, ALL FLUFF due to the media that covers mutt u... I can't stand mutt u and hate to even talk about them, but it's sickening to see Rebel fans get in the fetal position at the very mention of the name... Screw state... If they were never mentioned on this board I'd be very, very happy... Can't stand those bastards... Peters would be a good get, if the staff wanted him, and to me Tim Washington would be a good one also.. But I'm not the staff. *Just look at their class an see the ones that will take time to get SEC ready... Hugh goes after athlete's that can help now, not ones that have to be coached up.. With that type recruiting it seems that we're behind, when in essence we're taking our time and recruiting the type athlete that would go to bama, lsux, ga., or fla... That other place gets the ones that jump on an offer cause that's probably going to be the only good offer they'll get. the majority of them anyway...JMO
Good God, you people that have the nervous nellies over them, you need to go look at their list... You must be aftraid of the dark also.... Crap... Totally unwarranted.... *

JOHN *B................................................ . .............

yancyporter wrote:*Because they got one elite player in MS, Peters, and a bunch of fluff with him, but the MSU media "spin machine" doped some of the OM fans into believing it was some historical day and a historic class.

Geez.

TampaBayRebel wrote:*about MSU recruiting?**

Last edited Yesterday*12:47*PM by rebeltwo

Reply*|*QuoteClearLakeRebOle Miss Legend11834 posts this siteIgnore this MemberSend Private MessageNominate*|*Report

Posted: Yesterday*9:57*AM

It is sad that some of our fans are*

so pathetic. As I said earlier, they need to grow a pair.

Last edited Yesterday*9:58*AM by ClearLakeReb

Reply*|*Quoteoldblue11Ole Miss Coordinator243 posts this siteIgnore this MemberSend Private MessageNominate*|*Report

Posted: Yesterday*11:10*AM

Right on. Am I the only one that thinks*

this year will be fun in more ways than one??? I'm trying to maintain a level head. *Color me unimpressed by States class. *Not buying into the hype either. *Like Yancy said they just could have easily gone 4-8. *Now they are a dark horse?? lol. I'm patiently waiting for reality to rear it's ugly head. *The spin machine in starkville is in full swing and running full throttle thanks to a 17-10 win. * Obviously we have to win the egg bowl and have a good year, but strap in, this could be a fun ride. 2012 all over. #webelieve

Reply*|*QuoteREBMIKOle Miss Legend15880 posts this siteIgnore this MemberNominate*|*Report

Posted: Yesterday*11:27*AM

Re: Why is everyone so worried.../bullfrauds have 24 comm,they r*

done//// way to premature, mainly 3 stars with small school offers

Reply*|*QuoteREBMIKOle Miss Legend15880 posts this siteIgnore this MemberNominate*|*Report

Posted: Yesterday*11:33*AM

Re: Why is everyone so worried./NOT..*

we can switch any of theres to here, if we wanted any. we are on next level , of talent

Reply*|*Quotezsl81Ole Miss Legend1930 posts this siteIgnore this MemberNominate*|*Report

Posted: Yesterday*11:40*AM

I don't think anyone needs to worry about states recruiting, there class is typical for them.* based on their current points (1910) with 25 commits,*that point total is good for the 39th ranked class, AGAIN.* of course it will change, but*it will not increase more than 800 points that will get them into the top 25 based on 2014 results, unless they land several big fish.

I'm more concerned with us falling behind for some guys* that we have lead for.**it's not a good trend.* some of these were guys that would be the cornerstones of our class and appear to be headed elsewhere.* yes, we may*get them in the end, but it doesn't appear that way today.* our recruiting momentum has slowed, it's okay to admit it.* It is most likely intentional by our staff because of numbers, but nobody really knows.

we will see what happens, it will be an interesting few months for sure.

Reply*|*QuoteRebelRickOle Miss Legend5187 posts this siteIgnore this MemberSend Private MessageNominate*|*Report

Posted: Yesterday*11:42*AM

I saw the CL recruiting video this AM.* The new kid covering recruiting was almost hyperventilating, probably*his first real job.

Reply*|*QuoteSemper1Ole Miss Legend6176 posts this siteIgnore this MemberSend Private Message

Nominate*|*Report

Posted: Yesterday*12:41*PM

RebelRick wrote:*I saw the CL recruiting video this AM.* The new kid covering recruiting was almost hyperventilating, probably*his first real job.

He's way up MSU's butt. Not sure why, but he's been that way from the getgo at the CL

gravedigger
07-20-2014, 05:19 AM
Quick, someone run over to the spirit with all the recruiting stat numbers to prove them wrong. Average stars and whatnot.

bulldawg28
07-20-2014, 06:28 AM
Sounds like they're scared, and they should be.

MetEdDawg
07-20-2014, 07:17 AM
Here's the problem with their "logic". They are assuming that the rankings for every single one of our players will stay the exact same from today until signing day and that's just not how recruiting works. I'm doing this based on the 24/7 composite because I believe their evaluation and final rankings of players to be the most accurate out of all of the recruiting sites.

- Farrod and Calvin are both 2 stars on Scout. They will both be three stars by the end of this, which means their 24/7 composite score will go up.

- Smitherman is ranked as the #66 CB on Scout. That's horse crap. He's much better than that and should be at minimum a borderline 4 star. He will go up in the composite.

- Guys that are 3 stars that are unranked at their position on Scout: Chris Stamps, Keith Mixon, Justin Johnson, Harrison Moon, Nick Tiano, Deddrick Thomas, Darrien McNair. Can OM seriously sit here and say that these player's rankings will not change and go up?? As these guys get ranked on Scout their 24/7 composite score will go up, which in turn means our overall score will go up without having to get another recruit.

- On Rivals, Jarvis Wilson, Jonnas Spivey, Cameron Myers, Harrison Moon, Keith Mixon, Kendall Jones, Farrod Green, and Tommy Champion are all unranked. That will change too once some or all of these guys are ranked, which again means each of these player's composite scores will go up.

It's just ridiculous to say "Oh well their rankings right now translates to 25th overall" when 1/3 of our players haven't even been position ranked by sites like Scout and Rivals. As to the point on them being in it with a bunch of national recruits, I would say having Fletcher Adams, Leo Lewis, Javon Patterson, Jamal Danley, Gabriel Campbell, Daron Payne, Darryl Williams, Amonte Caban, and Jalen Bates saying we are in their top 3 is a pretty damn good group to have left at the end.

But let them continue doing what they do. Over value what they have and under value what we have to make themselves feel better. When we march into Oxford this November and make it 5 of 6 and finish ahead of them in the West for the 5th year in a row, they will be running around in circles wondering what the hell is going on and why this is happening. And it will be glorious.

GreenheadDawg
07-20-2014, 07:32 AM
Trying to rationalize with facts is futile with those people.. They are just sad and senile. Im actually to the point where I feel sorry for them. They can't beat us on the field so this is all they have and now they are losing at that too. It must be hard for them

codeDawg
07-20-2014, 07:38 AM
What's really funny is that these guys approach recruiting rankings like they are some sort of empirical measure of talent. While I'll concede that they are probably directionally correct, there is so much variability getting worked up over 8th place versus 15th is just silly. Even the formulas that derive these scores are suspect.

dogshiek
07-20-2014, 07:42 AM
"We are on a different talent level." Do they really believe that crap? How much Grey Goose and Maker's Mark have they been drinking?

EAVdog
07-20-2014, 07:51 AM
They know Tommy Champion is a stud and will make a run at him. I don't think it'll matter he's solid. But Yancy knows they want Champion which means he's intentionally lying to keep his sheep in line. Which is no surprise.

dogshiek
07-20-2014, 07:59 AM
The Kroger bag will be passed around to the Ole Miss faithful this week.

Dawgowar
07-20-2014, 08:22 AM
" How much Grey Goose and Maker's Mark have then been drinking?

I think 4 of the last 5 years they have been drinking it by the gallon. Particularly in tears after Thanksgiving.

I seen it dawg
07-20-2014, 08:28 AM
I loved the line that they go get players that don't have to be coached up. You damn sure better get those guys because your coaching staff is shit coaching as well as recruiting.

msstate7
07-20-2014, 08:40 AM
I loved the line that they go get players that don't have to be coached up. You damn sure better get those guys because your coaching staff is shit coaching as well as recruiting.
What a bunch of idiots. Saban gets the best classes every year and is constantly coaching up his players.

Original48
07-20-2014, 08:50 AM
I didn't read all that. I can only imagine what it says. Bottom line we've done fairly well during the Mullen era..4 straight bowls, a couple of New Year's Day bowls, and 4 out of 5 egg bowls. And we've done all that with recruiting classes averaged out to being ranked around 28th in the country. Now Mullen has potential for a top 10 class? That should make a lot of people nervous. And I can't possibly fathom what it's doing to the spirit people.

messageboardsuperhero
07-20-2014, 09:01 AM
So where is the detailed, mathematical breakdown of LSU's recruiting class this year? You know, their real rival and the only team they actually care about?

Seriously, the question I have is what happens if some of our players get "recruiting star bumps" (or whatever it's called) while they are being evaluated by the website people this season? The funny thing is, they'd be the exact same caliber of players they are right now- but UM would see them as being much better just because they have one or two more stars next to their names. They were saying this exact same stuff when Chris Jones committed to us a couple of summers ago while he was a two star.

FISHDAWG
07-20-2014, 09:02 AM
wow ... Yancy breastfeeding his idiots .... and why would they be so concerned about a recruiting class, them and Auburn have already shown that it's nothing to fear

Bubb Rubb
07-20-2014, 09:15 AM
I didn't read all that. I can only imagine what it says. Bottom line we've done fairly well during the Mullen era..4 straight bowls, a couple of New Year's Day bowls, and 4 out of 5 egg bowls. And we've done all that with recruiting classes averaged out to being ranked around 28th in the country. Now Mullen has potential for a top 10 class? That should make a lot of people nervous. And I can't possibly fathom what it's doing to the spirit people.

Exactly right.

Here's the bottom line: We have routinely beaten their tails with "allegedly" mediocre recruiting classes. Every Thanksgiving, they have a fresh excuse, but facts are facts, and those are the only facts that matter.

There's no need to get worked up at what they say or believe. There's no need to be worried about "flipmas". We will take our two and three star recruits and go kick their asses with them. We have arguably the best defense in the SEC coming into the season, and it's full of players that didn't have a "commitable offer" from Ole Miss, if you believe what Yancy says.

These are facts and they can't be disputed.

They could have a great year but they are so consumed by our success that they are making themselves crazy. And they say we are obsessed. To be clear, we have people like that too. I think we just let them drive themselves crazy and keep doing what we do. They're going to lose again this Thanksgiving and there's nothing they can do about it.

SDDawg
07-20-2014, 09:19 AM
I would say Yancy is butthurt, but... nevermind. :)

I will say this however. Spirit board members are full of liars and delusional people. For example, if they honestly think they'd only take one of our guys, then maybe they should rethink who they're taking?! 1 - 4 over the last 5 years, might be something to consider. :D

Pollodawg
07-20-2014, 09:26 AM
Yancy is a "journalist" and can't tell the difference between "doped" and "duped"? What a joke.

Pollodawg
07-20-2014, 09:31 AM
Well, you have to look at it from their standpoint. Whose getting all of the hype this offseason? State. Who has a player that people in the SEC rave over? State, and its a few players actually when you take into account Jones and BMAC. Eyes are on us instead of them, and it's eating them alive. And now, to top it all off, we have the recruiting momentum, something they've prided themselves on since these things have been kept up with.

GreenheadDawg
07-20-2014, 09:37 AM
Well, you have to look at it from their standpoint. Whose getting all of the hype this offseason? State. Who has a player that people in the SEC rave over? State, and its a few players actually when you take into account Jones and BMAC. Eyes are on us instead of them, and it's eating them alive. And now, to top it all off, we have the recruiting momentum, something they've prided themselves on since these things have been kept up with.

Your exactly right. We are about to see them go into full desperation. If you think it was bad with Chris Jones you just wait until we beat them aGAIN in November and they go into full retard mode going after Peters, Adams, and Lewis. It's gonna be really, really nasty.

cheewgumm
07-20-2014, 09:54 AM
How doe freeze keep his job?

starkvegasdawg
07-20-2014, 09:56 AM
I actually took the time to read most of it. For those that don't, here is the readers digest condensed version:
We suck
We're over rated
Our class this year sucks
It's being propped up by the MSU homer publication the CL.
They could flip any of our recruits they wanted just like that.
We will be lucky to win 5 games.
They're the far superior team.
They only recruit sec ready ballers
We're cheating.
Mullen sucks
Hugh is a deity. ( funny side note. When I typed in deity my phone autocorrected to dirty).

Bubb Rubb
07-20-2014, 09:58 AM
Your exactly right. We are about to see them go into full desperation. If you think it was bad with Chris Jones you just wait until we beat them aGAIN in November and they go into full retard mode going after Peters, Adams, and Lewis. It's gonna be really, really nasty.

The interesting thing there is that their class is going to be small this year. With the ones they have in the boat and the ones they are after, they aren't going to have a lot of flexibility to come hard after our guys unless they pull offers.

The argument they are making about our class being ranked high due to the number of commits is the same argument we were making last year when they signed much more than we did. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

BulldogBear
07-20-2014, 10:13 AM
What's really funny is that these guys approach recruiting rankings like they are some sort of empirical measure of talent. While I'll concede that they are probably directionally correct, there is so much variability getting worked up over 8th place versus 15th is just silly. Even the formulas that derive these scores are suspect.

Exactly. Beyond a certain #x, let's #7 for an example, there's just no appreciable/measurable difference between #9 and #27, #57 and #101, etc.

CadaverDawg
07-20-2014, 10:36 AM
I think the funniest part of all of this, is that for the most part, our fans realize that it isn't about the "stars". So we're pumped to get players that are more highly rated, but we know that all this means is Mullen and Co will have more front end talent to work with as they develop these players into NFL prospects. So in reality, this big weekend of ours meant a whole lot more to OM and their "stars" mentality than it did us.....I think our fanbase was just happy to see a little media attention, and for Dan Mullen to have a big recruiting weekend since some have said in the past that it was his weakness. To me, I was most excited for 2 reasons....
1) Because I can see that Dan and Co are improving on their few weaknesses
2) We got some great talent to not only show up, but commit...and all we needed was a camp. A lot of these guys will still be taking visits to Starkville during the season. To generate this kind of buzz in July is big for our program.

We may have some of these guys decommit, or whatever...and I don't care. Because from what I have seen on twitter and from interviews, our program has developed a family, and the ones that buy in to that are hard workers and have great chemistry. And to me, those things combined with the type of talent we're starting to fill our 2 deep with...is what can win Championships.

OM is panicking, and it's great and funny, blah blah blah. At the end of the day, I care more about what WE are doing. And let me tell you, there is no denying that we have a monster being created in Starkville, and the exciting part is that it is on the front end of a Heisman candidate, a great season this year, a new stadium expansion, new practice facility, and tons of SEC money. And don't forget the "We Believe" and "Omaha flood"....we have one of the best and most supportive fan bases in the entire country. If we can get this snowball rolling BEFORE what's about to happen....brace yourselves, because we could see things this program has never dreamed of experiencing in the coming years. And it all starts now and over the next 6-8 months.

It's a great time to be a Dawg, and everyone knows it. HailState

GreenheadDawg
07-20-2014, 10:43 AM
Well said Cadaver

SDDawg
07-20-2014, 10:48 AM
+1 CD, it's about what WE are doing. The only reason to comment on Ole Miss is to show how crazy they are, clearly Bucky's magic is starting to wear off and they're in full blown panic 7 months before NSD.

Technetium
07-20-2014, 10:51 AM
- On Rivals, Jarvis Wilson, Jonnas Spivey, Cameron Myers, Harrison Moon, Keith Mixon, Kendall Jones, Farrod Green, and Tommy Champion are all unranked. That will change too once some or all of these guys are ranked, which again means each of these player's composite scores will go up.

Minor point, but I don't think 247 uses the data of unranked players in the evaluation. Aka, if a player is a 4 star on 247, 4 star on Scout, and unranked on Rivals, the composite will still say 4 star and just ignore Rivals contribution. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe that's how it works.

State82
07-20-2014, 11:07 AM
OM is panicking, and it's great and funny, blah blah blah. At the end of the day, I care more about what WE are doing. And let me tell you, there is no denying that we have a monster being created in Starkville, and the exciting part is that it is on the front end of a Heisman candidate, a great season this year, a new stadium expansion, new practice facility, and tons of SEC money. And don't forget the "We Believe" and "Omaha flood"....we have one of the best and most supportive fan bases in the entire country. If we can get this snowball rolling BEFORE what's about to happen....brace yourselves, because we could see things this program has never dreamed of experiencing in the coming years. And it all starts now and over the next 6-8 months.

It's a great time to be a Dawg, and everyone knows it. HailState

Bravo, CD. Nice job.

defiantdog
07-20-2014, 12:03 PM
OM doesn't enjoy our success in recruiting just like we didn't enjoy theirs 2 years ago. The chips fell our way this year because all these high profiled players in MS were State leans. Unfortunately, 2016 is going to be different. The majority of the talent in MS for 2016 are OM leans. But honestly, things can change. The majority of our high profiled players for 2016 will probably be out of the state of MS.

It is what it is.... but recruiting isn't always about being shady and handing out gifts. Sometimes kids just want to go to a school. But enough pessimism lol.

This is why OM is pissed about our 2015 class.... Freeze doesn't control the state of MS this year.

Jamal Peters - hands down the best player in the state of MS. He can play any position he wants and will be a force to deal with in the future.

Malik Dear - He's a physical and fast slot receiver.... OM really wanted him to fill Treadwell's role since he most likely will be moving to WR.

Timothy Washington - He'll probably be around 6'4" 230 when he steps on campus.... once he gets some thickness to him, he'll be a beast of a pass rusher. Another OM need

Cameron Myers, Chris Stamps & Jarvis Wilson - These guys are physical defensive players who looked great as DB's at BDC. OM may have some pretty damn good safeties, but they are hurting in the DB department. And Tee Shepard can't cover both sides of the field.... if he even qualifies.

Not to mention.... we lead on Lewis, Adams (even though he's telling the media he's favoring OM), Campbell, Bates (who is the next Chris Jones - expect his stock to jump this season.... he's from LA though), Danley, and McLaurin.

We control the recruiting in MS for 2015. But it doesn't matter unless the guys control and win the games on the field in 2014. We've all been waiting for the year where we have that break out season and beat some of the big boys.... hopefully, this is the year.

smootness
07-20-2014, 01:15 PM
Really all this proves is that people are mostly the same on average and will spin anything to make it appear like it's a positive for them. It makes me check myself when assuming everything Ole Miss is terrible, honestly, more than it makes me laugh at them.

Having said that...giant LOL on Fred Walls. And I mean GIANT LOL. That dude is worse than every LB we've legitimately gone after in the last 6 years.

As others have said, if their coaches don't actually want players like Timothy Washington, Malik Dear, Cam Myers, Chris Stamps, and Maurice Smitherman, then their fans should be saying, 'WTF?!', not cheering it.

FISHDAWG
07-20-2014, 01:20 PM
well stated Cad ... in hindsight when I thought Mullen wasn't a great recruiter I have to remind myself that 4 of 5 eggbowls is great recruiting ... just took longer than the big party weekend that we have seen from others

Bothrops
07-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Really all this proves is that people are mostly the same on average and will spin anything to make it appear like it's a positive for them. It makes me check myself when assuming everything Ole Miss is terrible, honestly, more than it makes me laugh at them.

Having said that...giant LOL on Fred Walls. And I mean GIANT LOL. That dude is worse than every LB we've legitimately gone after in the last 6 years.

As others have said, if their coaches don't actually want players like Timothy Washington, Malik Dear, Cam Myers, Chris Stamps, and Maurice Smitherman, then their fans should be saying, 'WTF?!', not cheering it.

They're lying and they're desperately reaching. They know that we have a kick ass class going. Freeze would like to have pretty much any of our guys currently committed right now. They have lost the edge on recruiting over us, and I believe for some of them, it's starting to sink in. Our football facilities are all around superior and we have a coaching staff that players and recruits love. They don't have anything we don't have. The grove is overrated, and for the love of God, players don't hang in the grove anyway. It means nothing to them. OM fans are looking pitiful right now.

I seen it dawg
07-20-2014, 02:25 PM
Ole Miss is not very good at recruiting.

FISHDAWG
07-20-2014, 03:39 PM
Ole Miss is not very good at recruiting.

maybe not but their boosters sure know how to go about it ... never underestimate desperation

yjnkdawg
07-20-2014, 06:57 PM

So they don't need any coaches because the players run the football program? They could save some money on coaches' salaries and let Robert N run the show. Heck, that may already be happening.

DawgHouseUnited
07-21-2014, 08:46 AM
maybe not but their boosters sure know how to go about it ... never underestimate desperation

This. So we've got a good class coming together? That just means that their bagmen are passing the hat right now...

EAVdog
07-21-2014, 09:34 AM
This. So we've got a good class coming together? That just means that their bagmen are passing the hat right now...

Their bagmen don't have the kind of cash to go hard every year. History repeats itself. I said it after their first big class and I'll say it again. Every new Ole Miss coach recruits lights out his first year. Then a little less so the 2nd year, and less so the 3rd year. By the 4th year the boosters are mad because they think they are wasting their money since they haven't returned to the glory days!

Mullen has weathered the storm, just ride it out. If we beat Freeze in November and in February his seat will be very hot.

DawgHouseUnited
07-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Their bagmen don't have the kind of cash to go hard every year. History repeats itself. I said it after their first big class and I'll say it again. Every new Ole Miss coach recruits lights out his first year. Then a little less so the 2nd year, and less so the 3rd year. By the 4th year the boosters are mad because they think they are wasting their money since they haven't returned to the glory days!

Mullen has weathered the storm, just ride it out. If we beat Freeze in November and in February his seat will be very hot.

I hope so! I hate for them to win anything, even if it's just the press conference...

ghostofjackie
07-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Wow!

I can't even comprehend some of their recruiting logic. It's like they sit around all day sipping scotch, slapping wieners, and punching recruiting numbers. These guys have spent hours simply trying to debunk the fact that we will have a better recruiting class for once. It's truly amazing ... please post more!

RossDawg82
07-21-2014, 01:41 PM
"They would all flip to us, IF WE WANTED THEM"...... This is a very telling statement right here, and it shows a lot about how delusional their fan base really is. If our coaching staff didn't want or offer the in state players that we got commits from Friday night, I would be calling for some heads to roll in the football office. Yancy can say what he wants, but the facts do not back up what he is preaching to his followers. Dear, Washington, Peters, Champion all have offers from OM. Darrell Henderson's best offer is from Memphis, Jason Pellerin has ULL and La Teck offers to go with his OM offer. These are all 3* players that will most likely sign with OM. The big dogs they are going after are not as fond of OM as Yancy thinks. 2 of their 4* will be going to Tennessee, Lewis will end up here, Patterson may or may not end up here, but I think our chances are better than most think.

The point is, the players in our state see that we are trying to build a championship with our local boys. We don't need to go out to Illinois to get recruits. This is why I think that both Lewis and Patterson come to Starkville. OM will lose out on a number of people their fan base is banking on getting commits from. This will be a tough year for the Red and Blue. Both on and off the field.