PDA

View Full Version : "The Preacher's Ponderings: Big day edition"

preachermatt83
07-20-2014, 12:46 AM
These are just a few of my thoughts on the recruits we landed yesterday after watching a few highlight vids..

Keith Mixon- Very impressed with his ability to stop and cut on a dime. Reminds me a little of LP.

Jamal Peters- Great Combo of Size and Speed. Very good instincts and very punishing hitter. As advertised and then some.. Don't really know who to compare him to. He is really one of a kind.

Johnathan Calvin- Very quick off the ball. He is certainly someone who could really be a gem if he catches on to the speed of the SEC. I guess I would liken him to Denico Autry.

Jonnas Spivey- Quick and agile. he is raw but talented. Needs to add some weight. Seems to have good instincts. Will def benefit from a redshirt year and time with Coach Court.

Nick Gibson- Just WOW!! This guy is the real deal. Speed, Strength, and quickness. He reminds me of Vick Ballard but he is WAY ahead of where Vick was at this point in his football career.

Alec Murphy- May be the steal of the class. Really really undervalued. Very strong and physical back that hits the lanes like hes ready to play today. Unreal breakaway speed as well. Gibson is very good but don't be surprised if Alec murphy is not the better of the two 3 years from now. Both are outstanding backs

Justin Johnson- Looks the part of an SEC receiver. Physical and Fast with great ball skills. Has the size of Morrow with the physicality of Robert Johnson. He is gonna be a good one.

CadaverDawg
07-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Justin Johnson- Looks the part of an SEC receiver. Physical and Fast with great ball skills. Has the size of Morrow with the physicality of Robert Johnson. He is gonna be a good one.

I've been looking for the best way to describe Johnson, and ^this^ is perfect. Big, tall, strong, yet fast. Really impressed with his film.