PDA

View Full Version : Leo Lewis & Jamal Peters

ShotgunDawg
07-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Just wanted to say that I sat in the stands at Big Dawg Camp last night, and, while most of the guys were difficult to pick out because they didn't have names on their shirts, Leo Lewis and Jamal Peters were not.

Let me say what I was impressed with: Leo Lewis was the first guy to go in every linebacker drill and was the leader of the group. This isn't the type of player that hides in the shadows. Leo is a baller that takes charge. He is a physical monster with incredible feet. The quickness of Leo's feet and hips were on a different level than any other linebacker on the field. There was one other guy that was really good as well, but I have no idea who he was.

Jamal Peters is also a physical freak. The thing that impressed me the most about him was his physicality, closing speed, and ball skills. Peters knows how to go up and get a ball at it's highest point.

These two guys will be so special in on the same defense.

engie
07-19-2014, 06:07 PM
The other LB is probably the 4* from Alabama Richard McBride that's probably Auburn bound...

ShotgunDawg
07-19-2014, 06:13 PM
The other LB is probably the 4* from Alabama Richard McBride that's probably Auburn bound...

Gotcha. That makes sense. He was a stud and longer that Leo, but Leo had a quicker burst and look liked he could operate in close quarters better.

Lewis and Coach Collins obviously have great relationship. Collins was coaching Leo all night with passion, and Mullen stopped to talk to Leo on multiple occasions.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-19-2014, 06:23 PM
Or it could've been Tim Washington. I can't remember what # Tim was be had a very good night & was very active. He was tall & more slender.

engie
07-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Yeah, McBride is an OLB, while Leo is an ILB...

I'd probably compare McBride more to McNair... Wish he had made it so we would know more about him...

I seen it dawg
07-19-2014, 06:52 PM
Leo needs to come and be the next BMac

Coach34
07-19-2014, 07:49 PM
Lewis is gonna be a Dawg...it's done

Homedawg
07-19-2014, 07:51 PM

His recruitment will be as wild as Chris jones except worse because it's July. More months to deal w it. Not saying we won't get him, just that it will be a roller coaster....as In right now, in oxford.

Coach34
07-19-2014, 07:56 PM
OM has his coach in their pocket and are making their push- but in the end, just like Jones- Lewis will make the right choice

SDDawg
07-19-2014, 08:12 PM
Wish I had your confidence Coach, I don't but I'll trust you anyway on this one!

Coach34
07-19-2014, 08:17 PM
Wish I had your confidence Coach, I don't but I'll trust you anyway on this one!

As on Jones- I have cheat notes

ShotgunDawg
07-19-2014, 08:29 PM
As on Jones- I have cheat notes

I don't have cheat notes, but I do have logic notes and here it goes.

1. Bama cheats more than anyone and has more money than anyone, so they probably attempted to get to Leo Lewis, but, since Leo decommited from them, I think it may be fair to say that Leo isn't for sale.

2. If Leo isn't for sale, then why would he go to Ole Miss? What tangible thing or opportunity does Ole Miss offer him that is greater than or equal to what State offers him?

3. All of Leo's buddies are going to MSU. So if Ole Miss is going to buy off players around Leo Lewis to get Leo, they will have to buy off Peters, Spivey, Adams, Green, and Meyers. That's a lot of money.

4. There just isn't anything to draw Leo to Ole Miss. Their program is at best equal to MSU's(4 straight bowl games and finishing higher in the SEC standings for a number of years), their stadium seats less, and their facilities are no better than equal. At MSU Leo gets to play with his buddies, for one of the best linebacker coaches on the planet, and take over the position for a first round draft pick.

5. I saw Coach Collins working with Leo last night, and Leo was behaving like an MSU player would. He looked liked a guy that was already committed.

hells bells
07-19-2014, 08:39 PM

C34, gonna agree with you. During the Jones fiasco the "inside the beltway" big dogs I know said the same thing.

defiantdog
07-19-2014, 08:42 PM
Lewis and Adams are both enjoying the process.

If Adams said that State was his leader.... everyone would back off of him knowing his connections. He wants to Chris Jones it.

Lewis is actually checking out all of his options. The only issue is, all of his friends are Dogs now. And I believe Peters, Spivey and Green are going to be in his ear all the way until February. There's a reason why we haven't taken Caban. Mullen is all in on Lewis.

raymond21
07-19-2014, 09:06 PM
In Oxford right now and Im sure he is getting the treatment. He needs to enjoy the process and then go play with his friends in Starkville

ShotgunDawg
07-19-2014, 10:18 PM
In Oxford right now and Im sure he is getting the treatment. He needs to enjoy the process and then go play with his friends in Starkville

Meh, I don't care if he is in Oxford. I hope he gets a few BJs. His buddies and his coach are in Starkville, where he'll play college football at. Ole Miss doesn't scare me in this one, because there is no draw to get him there.

Jacksondevildog
07-20-2014, 07:29 AM
Ole Miss will make a push to flip Spivey. He is the most obvious one because of their big money guy in Bay Springs.