PDA

View Full Version : Minshew

msstate7
07-19-2014, 05:40 PM
I realize he doesn't fit our system, but he has practically no offers. What's the knock on him?

whosyourdawgy
07-19-2014, 05:44 PM
Everybody worried about his height and think he has a weak arm. I don't understand it. He's legit 6'1" and weighs like 220 or so. He is an absolute winner and has the it factor people talk about. Extremely hard worker and studies the game he's gonna make somebody a helluva college qb. He isn't a dual threat though which is why he doesn't fit in for us. It sucks cause I would love for him to wear maroon

Todd4State
07-19-2014, 06:16 PM
If no one offers him, I wouldn't mind having him as a preferred walk-on. And I say that because of our scholarship situation. No way we take 3 QB's.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-19-2014, 06:22 PM
Minshew has already mentioned going to Juco for a year or 2 to raise his stock if no major programs offer.

msstate7
07-19-2014, 06:25 PM
Minshew has already mentioned going to Juco for a year or 2 to raise his stock if no major programs offer.

I'd be trying to get to emcc. There's always major college recruiters there

Todd4State
07-19-2014, 06:29 PM

I wouldn't blame him.

That said, if it were me I would at least go to MSU for one year and see where I stood. I know I would get redshirted, so I still would have the option to either transfer out and go to a JUCO for two years or stay if I pull a Drew Brees at Purdue. Worst case sceanrio I get coached by Dan and Brian- probably the two best QB coaches in Mississippi right now. It would certainly give me a leg up on JUCO competition as well.

HancockCountyDog
07-19-2014, 06:34 PM
Has USM offered? If they haven't, that tells me a ton.

I would be all over him if I was USM.

Noxdog
07-19-2014, 06:42 PM
I realize he doesn't fit our system, but he has practically no offers. What's the knock on him?

Measurable's. Someone said he is 6'1 so maybe he is only 5'11? 220 on weight? What's the 40? I know he is a winner but it seems like maybe he is more a UNA, DSU qb. No knock but there is always a reason a kid is not getting offers. Sounds like this years Wyatt Roberts. Sometimes coaches are wrong, also.

Todd4State
07-19-2014, 06:44 PM
Has USM offered? If they haven't, that tells me a ton.

I would be all over him if I was USM.

USM has a QB committed for this years class from Illinois. Not sure how he compares to Minchew.

whosyourdawgy
07-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Measurable's. Someone said he is 6'1 so maybe he is only 5'11? 220 on weight? What's the 40? I know he is a winner but it seems like maybe he is more a UNA, DSU qb. No knock but there is always a reason a kid is not getting offers. Sounds like this years Wyatt Roberts. Sometimes coaches are wrong, also.

Those are correct. He is 6'1 and about 220. Trust me on that. 40 time is irrelevant for him cause he isn't going to be a running qb. He isn't a 5.0 guy but definitely not a burner either. He has a few lower tier offers. First I have heard of the juco route. I will check that out but that doesn't sound right to me.