PDA

View Full Version : Direct TV getting closer to deal

FISHDAWG
07-19-2014, 01:51 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/directv-expects-to-offer-sec-network-soon-071714

starkvegasdawg
07-19-2014, 01:54 PM
How do you think it will be offered? As part of a programming package, as part of their sports upgrade package, or a la carte?

FISHDAWG
07-19-2014, 01:56 PM
I already have the sports pac but it wouldn't surprise me if they dumped it into that package or made it a subscription chanel

engie
07-19-2014, 02:35 PM
It's going to be on the most basic tier in the southeast. If not most basic, second most basic. You get ESPNU -- you will have the SECNetwork.

I expect it to be done next week. 2 weeks at most...

War Machine Dawg
07-19-2014, 02:38 PM
It's going to be on the most basic tier in the southeast. If not most basic, second most basic. You get ESPNU -- you will have the SECNetwork.

Hope like hell you're right about it being in the ESPNU tier. But you've been pretty spot on so far.

starkvegasdawg
07-19-2014, 02:38 PM

Hope you're right. I've got the second or third level package. I know I have the U.

engie
07-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Hope like hell you're right about it being in the ESPNU tier. But you've been pretty spot on so far.

That's been the hold-up. Forcing it into basic tiers. If we were willing to let it be put on a sports tier package, all the deals would have been done in a week.

The part of this no one is talking about is that practically ALL ESPN/Disney contracts expire Sept 31 of this year -- and the SECNetwork is being negotiated as part of that overall package. So, it has totally insane leverage when it's got it's entire inventory on the line. No one will risk losing that for even a day. That's the underlying reason that all of these deals are going to get done. ESPN has all the power. That's why we waited to launch this network "now" -- instead of last year or two years ago when we first got aTm and Mizzou...