PDA

View Full Version : Brave news

msstate7
07-19-2014, 01:37 PM
Avilan demoted. Lhp chasen Shreve from miss braves promoted. Love this move

KB21
07-19-2014, 01:54 PM
The Braves have called up Chasen Shreve from Mississippi to take his spot.

Glory Be!!! Luis was great last year for Atlanta, but he has been horrific this year. He gets lit up like a Christmas tree everytime he pitches.

There is also a rumor that the Braves are desperate to trade BJ Upton. I don't see anything happening with this, as I don't think anyone is going to take on his remaining contract. We are stuck with having a guy hit leadoff with a less than .300 OBP.

smootness
07-19-2014, 01:57 PM
We are stuck with having a guy hit leadoff with a less than .300 OBP.

We're stuck with that by choice.

msstate7
07-19-2014, 01:58 PM
Love the Shreve promotion. Hopefully he can transition as well as Simmons has.

I'm not sure who would take bj. I wonder if we pull this move off if Heyward will be the cf.

msstate7
07-19-2014, 02:02 PM
I think Jordan is in the spot light now. Personally I'd rather have Cunningham in his spot

KB21
07-19-2014, 02:04 PM
Love the Shreve promotion. Hopefully he can transition as well as Simmons has.

I'm not sure who would take bj. I wonder if we pull this move off if Heyward will be the cf.

I think they have been relatively impressed with Bethancourt at catcher and may be willing to move Evan Gattis to LF, even though he is not good defensively out there. Bethancourt has a freaking hose attached to his shoulder!!

msstate7
07-19-2014, 02:08 PM
I think they have been relatively impressed with Bethancourt at catcher and may be willing to move Evan Gattis to LF, even though he is not good defensively out there. Bethancourt has a freaking hose attached to his shoulder!!

Lf gattis
Cf Heyward
Rf jup

No pressure Heyward, but you've gotta cover almost the entire of. I love this from offensive approach; but we'll need more offense for sure bc we'll be porous in the of

War Machine Dawg
07-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Interesting. Hate it for Avilan, but this is probably best for everyone. He needs to work out the kinks, and he's had his chance to get it worked out in The Show. Hopefully he'll go down, figure it out, and be back in a couple weeks. Still waiting to see what Wren does at the deadline. We could use a bat or an arm.

War Machine Dawg
07-19-2014, 02:36 PM
Lf gattis
Cf Heyward
Rf jup

No pressure Heyward, but you've gotta cover almost the entire of. I love this from offensive approach; but we'll need more offense for sure bc we'll be porous in the of

I don't get the defensive hate on J-Up. He hasn't been outstanding in LF, but he hasn't been horrible, either. He's definitely a better RF than LF, plus he's got good wheels. He'll cover plenty of ground. Where J-Hey will have pressure would be covering anything hit to LF. Gattis is slooooooow. That said, I don't see us moving Gattis. My bet is we use Bethancourt's surging stock at C and move him for a big piece, whatever that piece may be. Package BJ with him, perhaps.

msstate7
07-19-2014, 02:46 PM
I don't get the defensive hate on J-Up. He hasn't been outstanding in LF, but he hasn't been horrible, either. He's definitely a better RF than LF, plus he's got good wheels. He'll cover plenty of ground. Where J-Hey will have pressure would be covering anything hit to LF. Gattis is slooooooow. That said, I don't see us moving Gattis. My bet is we use Bethancourt's surging stock at C and move him for a big piece, whatever that piece may be. Package BJ with him, perhaps.

Jup takes a lot of bad angles. Moving anyone to rf is a downgrade. Jhey to cf is probably an upgrade. Gattis in lf is a really big downgrade

oldjoedawg
07-19-2014, 05:08 PM

Fredi Gonzalez has said repeatedly, according to Simpson and Carey, that when Gattis comes back he will be the Braves catcher....has no intention of moving him to outfield.

War Machine Dawg
07-19-2014, 06:33 PM
Fredi Gonzalez has said repeatedly, according to Simpson and Carey, that when Gattis comes back he will be the Braves catcher....has no intention of moving him to outfield.

Obviously he's going to say that. But if Wren & Management can somehow miraculously trade BJ, you really think they wouldn't twist Fredi's arm into starting both Gattis & Bethancourt? C'mon, mane.

msstate7
07-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Phillies are showing everyone how to get bethancourt out. Throw him nothing but balls. He can't lay off. He's not ready to hit mlb pitching

smootness
07-19-2014, 09:33 PM
Phillies are showing everyone how to get bethancourt out. Throw him nothing but balls. He can't lay off. He's not ready to hit mlb pitching

Exactly. Bethancourt obviously improves the defense at catcher, but he isn't better than BJ offensively, and the negative impact on outfield defense negates the improvement behind the plate.