PDA

View Full Version : The difference? Coaching....SC kept their best pitchers on the mound

Coach34
05-17-2013, 10:04 PM
but instead of us doing that- we do all these bullshit match-ups and cost ourselves a very damn important game.

Leave Bracewell in- don't put in your CF'er to pitch JUST BECAUSE HE IS LEFT-HANDED. THAT IS STUPID. Or if you decide to pull Bracewell there- go ahead and bring on your closer- who you plan to pitch anyway. Let him do what he does- close out games for you.

Not only do we bring in the CF'er to pitch- but that burns our DH that cant hit and we have to keep taking pitchers out and hit for them.

When the game is on the line- go with your best players- not some bullshit match-up

Goat Holder
05-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Cohen is 50% to blame, Renfroe and Rea the other. They are contributing nothing. Bottom line is, they gave the game to us yesterday, and we gave this one to them. If Bracewell had given up a run, we'd have said he should have went to Holder. Holder didn't have his stuff tonight anyway. Just wasn't happening. Sucks because there is so much on the line, for sure.

Homedawg
05-17-2013, 10:15 PM
but instead of us doing that- we do all these bullshit match-ups and cost ourselves a very damn important game.

Leave Bracewell in- don't put in your CF'er to pitch JUST BECAUSE HE IS LEFT-HANDED. THAT IS STUPID. Or if you decide to pull Bracewell there- go ahead and bring on your closer- who you plan to pitch anyway. Let him do what he does- close out games for you.

Not only do we bring in the CF'er to pitch- but that burns our DH that cant hit and we have to keep taking pitchers out and hit for them.

When the game is on the line- go with your best players- not some bullshit match-up

The part about pitching changes is valid- esp since it didn't work w Bradford. The part about the dh was only part right, we ha to hit for that spot once. And he can't hit anyway so that didn't change much. Wwe screwed it up when we didn't double switch and made it where girado ha to come out. That's an elementary mistake. We were going to have to hit for the pitcher anyway. Sc was leading off a lh hitter in the tenth why not girado? Bradford could have been used even later. I know as it worked out it didn't matter but we were super toast the longer the game went bc we didn't double switch.

Todd4State
I 80% agree with you coach. I didn't mind pulling Bracewell after giving up a hit. But I DID mind putting in CT. After the single we should have brought in Holder.

I also disagreed with pulling Detz for a pinch runner. We made too many bad moves and before you know it, we had the entire JV squad in.

38843dawg
Cohen is more to blame than 50%, he's the one who chose to bring in ****ing C.T. Bradford and Norris to pitch.

Homedawg
05-17-2013, 10:16 PM
Cohen is 50% to blame, Renfroe and Rea the other. They are contributing nothing. Bottom line is, they gave the game to us yesterday, and we gave this one to them. If Bracewell had given up a run, we'd have said he should have went to Holder. Holder didn't have his stuff tonight anyway. Just wasn't happening. Sucks because there is so much on the line, for sure.

They are contributing nothing? Since when? Renfroe has been bad this series granted. I see that. But rea hit a hr that started our rally last night. Man you people have unbelievable short memories. Talk about what have u done for me lately.

Todd4State
05-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Even worse, bringing in CT to pitch meant bringing in Robson, who promptly made a key error to allow the tying run to get to third.

Homedawg
05-17-2013, 10:19 PM
I 80% agree with you coach. I didn't mind pulling Bracewell after giving up a hit. But I DID mind putting in CT. After the single we should have brought in Holder.

I also disagreed with pulling Detz for a pinch runner. We made too many bad moves and before you know it, we had the entire JV squad in.

I agree w this. If holder was available, which clearly he was, then why not w a runner on first and one out? Instead of first ad third w one out. I know we wanted to save him. But now we don't have him for tomorrow and we lost. ???????

FlabLoser
05-17-2013, 10:20 PM
I'm not even a baseball guy, and even I was seeing the over-coaching stuff that you guys complain about.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-17-2013, 10:20 PM
They are contributing nothing? Since when? Renfroe has been bad this series granted. I see that. But rea hit a hr that started our rally last night. Man you people have unbelievable short memories. Talk about what have u done for me lately.

renfroe hasnt had a meaningful hit since early april

Todd4State
05-17-2013, 10:21 PM
I agree w this. If holder was available, which clearly he was, then why not w a runner on first and one out? Instead of first ad third w one out. I know we wanted to save him. But now we don't have him for tomorrow and we lost. ???????

I don't believe in saving closers. They're like fire extinguishers- you use them when you need them.

msstate7
05-17-2013, 10:22 PM

If he wanted a lefty, he shoulda put girodo in

Todd4State
05-17-2013, 10:25 PM
If he wanted a lefty, he shoulda put girodo in

Yes, that would have been a better option- but again, not the best option which was Holder. Holder really wasn't that off to me- first of all, again it was a bad situation- and like I said earlier today- usually statistically, the other team is going to get something out of it. They scored on a curveball in the dirt, but Holder also struck out two guys to preserve the tie.

msstate7
05-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Yes, that would have been a better option- but again, not the best option which was Holder. Holder really wasn't that off to me- first of all, again it was a bad situation- and like I said earlier today- usually statistically, the other team is going to get something out of it. They scored on a curveball in the dirt, but Holder also struck out two guys to preserve the tie.

Oh I'm with you all the way. We should've put holder in.

Homedawg
05-17-2013, 10:28 PM
renfroe hasnt had a meaningful hit since early april

Sure he hasn't, id hit porter for him tomorrow..::::.guess rea hasn't either.?????

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-17-2013, 10:37 PM
homedawg, where have you been. Renfroe hasnt hit shit when it counted in over a month. Im not saying he is a bad player. Jesus.

Edit - no, i wouldnt hit porter for anyone

Coach34
05-17-2013, 10:39 PM
I agree w this. If holder was available, which clearly he was, then why not w a runner on first and one out? Instead of first ad third w one out. I know we wanted to save him. But now we don't have him for tomorrow and we lost. ??????? b

That's my point- we were going to bring Holder in anyway- why not go ahead and do it? He was going to be burned for tomorrow anyway. Just stupid

I would feel better if they tied it against Bracewell- at least we had one of our best on the hill. Bringing in a half warm CF'er to give up another hit is not the way I want to lose- it's sickening. Holder can work miracles only so many times when in bad spots

Homedawg
05-17-2013, 10:41 PM
homedawg, where have you been. Renfroe hasnt hit shit when it counted in over a month. Im not saying he is a bad player. Jesus.

Edit - no, i wouldnt hit porter for anyone

Homedawg had been to more games than anyone I feel certain. so I don't need a reminder about renfroe being in a funk. But it hang been a month. Memories get foggy, for various reasons. and no I wouldn't hit porter for him either, sarcasm was clearly intended.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-17-2013, 10:43 PM
doubt youve been to more games but whatever. If you have, you know he is in a funk when it counts. We have to have him to make any noise. We have decent hitters, decent defense, decent bullpen....we lack starting pitching and that stroker

gravedigger
05-17-2013, 10:56 PM
Homeplate umpire had the most bizzare strikezone I' ve witnessed in the 39 years I've watched baseball. It changed batter to batter, and half inning to half inning. He called no less than 5 balls when the catchers glove did not move and the catcher was not setup outside the zone.

he also called some bizzare strikes low out of the zone on USC too. I mean to say without exaggeration, old George from the late 70's and Redmon were better umpires. I watched ONLY the catcher from the 5th inning on and he couldnt recognize a strike. He seemed at times to be asleep.

But that isnt why we lost. We lost because Holder didnt prioritize by just keeping the ball at or near the plate and letting the fielders back him up. We lost because Rae and Renfroe couldnt get the ball on the ground and hard.

I know it isnt popular, but Henderson hit the ball hard tonight and just didnt get it through holes.

CT was pitching just fine in his second appearance and should not have been pulled.

John C has got to get some nerve pills and sit his ass on the bench. Polk would leave a pitcher in because he had so few and played only for big innings.

Cohen has a great staff and thinks situational changes are his only option. He doesnt rely on talent enough.

Amarati is one hell of a catcher. both past balls were needless crap created by the pitcher.

We'd better stop playing so much batter to batter strategy and rely on talent more often or this season will come to an end far sooner than it should.

Coach34
05-17-2013, 11:03 PM
I know it isnt popular, but Henderson hit the ball hard tonight and just didnt get it through holes.

Henderson drags his barrel thru the zone- thats why he hits so many groundballs to 2nd base. Pound him inside and he will never get a hit

Homedawg
05-17-2013, 11:15 PM
Henderson drags his barrel thru the zone- thats why he hits so many groundballs to 2nd base. Pound him inside and he will never get a hit

He inside outs everything. Pitch him inside and it's an out to 2b. Period.

Esmerelda Villalobos
05-17-2013, 11:41 PM
henderson hits the ball....and then waits almost 1 second before running. It is almost like....oh shit, I hit it

Homedawg
05-18-2013, 10:31 AM
henderson hits the ball....and then waits almost 1 second before running. It is almost like....oh shit, I hit it

Good stuff.