PDA

View Full Version : Good to see our NFL'ers hanging around the program

Leroy Jenkins
07-19-2014, 10:14 AM
More than one DB recruit mentioned how great is was to meet Banks. He definitely had an impact. Also Jackson and Sherrod have been around the past few days.

Of course that only works if you have quality guys who are good people and love the school. May not work as well with the Greg Hardy types.

SDDawg
07-19-2014, 10:19 AM
Right, I love seeing it with our former players. What a high quality group of guys. Actions speak louder than words or donations, those guys showing up is absolutely fantastic.

Speaking of Hardy, I'm sure he is off doing coke and beating up gals. Not a rumor, it's now on the public record as part of his recent court case. Unbelievable.

Leroy Jenkins
07-19-2014, 10:23 AM
I think a part of it may be the "hometown Mississippi" attitude a lot of people in the state have. We seem to attract more of those types than other schools in the region.

War Machine Dawg
07-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Donald Lee is also back around the program. Living in Maben and owns the new Beef O'Brady's in Starkville.

FISHDAWG
07-19-2014, 12:15 PM
Donald Lee is also back around the program. Living in Maben and owns the new Beef O'Brady's in Starkville.

Donald Lee = one of the best at that position for MSU ever IMO

War Machine Dawg
07-19-2014, 12:23 PM
Donald Lee = one of the best at that position for MSU ever IMO

Couldn't agree more. In fact, I'd argue he might be THE best ever at TE. I certainly think it's between he & Reggie Kelly.

Leroy Jenkins
07-19-2014, 08:04 PM
Donald is one of may all time favorites as well, along with Moulds and Smoot.

AlSwearengen
07-19-2014, 08:50 PM
Have to hit up beef obradys

I seen it dawg
07-19-2014, 09:34 PM
More than one DB recruit mentioned how great is was to meet Banks. He definitely had an impact. Also Jackson and Sherrod have been around the past few days.

Of course that only works if you have quality guys who are good people and love the school. May not work as well with the Greg Hardy types.

Well shit there aren't any nfl guys that those dipshits in Oxford have actually coached

Homedawg
07-19-2014, 09:43 PM
This is a big deal. We have them returning year after year. Jackie had a hard time doing that. Speaks volumes about what Mullen has accomplished really.

starkvegasdawg
07-19-2014, 10:01 PM
Bet none of them try to go to cowbells.

LC Dawg
07-19-2014, 11:17 PM
I met Sleepy Robinson at an alumni event this year and he told me that getting former players back on campus is a priority of his. He said he thinks it's very important to the development of the program and that Coach Mullen supports his efforts.

War Machine Dawg
07-19-2014, 11:36 PM
Bet none of them try to go to cowbells.

That still pisses me off. That would only happen in Starkville. We've gotta get better at winning the party, too.

Leroy Jenkins
07-20-2014, 08:55 AM
I met Sleep Robinson at an alumni event this year and he told me that getting former players back on campus is a priority of his. He said he thinks it's very important to the development of the program and that Coach Mullen supports his efforts.

Great to hear.