PDA

View Full Version : The difference in MSU's 2015 class and OM's 2013 class

hacker
07-18-2014, 07:08 PM
In 2015, we are getting all these guys who are friends, hard workers, who are from the State (or Alabama, which is close enough), who are coachable, who know each other, and who have and will have more chemistry with each other. We are getting team guys. Dan Mullen is building a team.

In 2013, OM got some super highly talented recruits from IL, GA, TN, FL -- etc. Tony Conner not included. I think he chose the wrong school. OM is trying to use the Yankees model to build a team. They don't have the chemistry or the coaches.

In 5 years, the comparison of the two classes, assuming it stands as it is now and we finish like we think we will, will be laughable.

KB21
07-18-2014, 07:47 PM
In 2015, we are getting all these guys who are friends, hard workers, who are from the State (or Alabama, which is close enough), who are coachable, who know each other, and who have and will have more chemistry with each other. We are getting team guys. Dan Mullen is building a team.

In 2013, OM got some super highly talented recruits from IL, GA, TN, FL -- etc. Tony Conner not included. I think he chose the wrong school. OM is trying to use the Yankees model to build a team. They don't have the chemistry or the coaches.

In 5 years, the comparison of the two classes, assuming it stands as it is now and we finish like we think we will, will be laughable.

The biggest difference is that MSU has coaches that can develop the players they get, whereas Ole Miss has coaches that sell a bill of goods to a player and then get held over the fire by that player for the things they have been promised. See Nkemdiche shoving the DL coach in the Egg Bowl last year.

Vancleave
07-18-2014, 07:56 PM
Wait a little while before counting our chickens. Here is the difference between the classes. Their2013 is signed and on campus. Don't underestimate the Bears ability to swoop in and flip some of "our" recruits prior to NSD.

HailState2008
07-18-2014, 08:04 PM

The difference in our class is that it is earned after 4 years of improvement. While theirs was bought after 1 year of improvement.

Coach34
07-18-2014, 08:18 PM
. See Nkemdiche shoving the DL coach in the Egg Bowl last year.

Could you see one of our guys pushing Turner???? After they got done fighting on the sideline- our staff would have made said player take his shit off on the sideline and go to the dressing to get dressed and gtfo

yjnkdawg
07-18-2014, 09:14 PM
The biggest difference is that MSU has coaches that can develop the players they get, whereas Ole Miss has coaches that sell a bill of goods to a player and then get held over the fire by that player for the things they have been promised. See Nkemdiche shoving the DL coach in the Egg Bowl last year.

Another is that MSU has coaches that can evaluate high school and juco players, not just based on the number of stars, and OM does not.

defiantdog
07-18-2014, 09:40 PM
But I thought this guy has developed a lot of NFL talent?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000223016719/7557471b85529ae981d96909fba86145.jpeg

War Machine Dawg
07-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Funniest part of that is I'm almost 100% positive Burgess & Peria never played a down for Kiffin. He was hired after they left.

MarketingBully01
07-18-2014, 10:59 PM
Wait a little while before counting our chickens. Here is the difference between the classes. Their2013 is signed and on campus. Don't underestimate the Bears ability to swoop in and flip some of "our" recruits prior to NSD.

Speaking of chickens, this is the chicken little aw shucks Poor MSU post of the day...

Todd4State
07-18-2014, 11:03 PM
Could you see one of our guys pushing Turner???? After they got done fighting on the sideline- our staff would have made said player take his shit off on the sideline and go to the dressing to get dressed and gtfo

And then make them come out wearing sweat pants that says Hotty Toddy on it.

TrapGame
07-18-2014, 11:12 PM
But I thought this guy has developed a lot of NFL talent?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/378800000223016719/7557471b85529ae981d96909fba86145.jpeg

The only thing he's developing is a pair of man boobs.

CadaverDawg
07-18-2014, 11:37 PM

Interesting how your only posts have been about OM, and you have been all but post less since signing day, and tonight you return with THIS post? You're either poor ole MSU or butt hurt Bear....I hate both.

BeardoMSU
07-19-2014, 12:36 AM
Interesting how your only posts have been about OM, and you have been all but post less since signing day, and tonight you return with THIS post? You're either poor ole MSU or butt hurt Bear....I hate both.

Its fun to get excited with as much action as we've seen today, but February is a long way off. All I'm worried about is winnin' games this fall. We do that, and we can say ****all to everything else; the recruits will come.

MarketingBully01
07-19-2014, 02:40 AM

Agreed, Cadaver. Agreed.