PDA

View Full Version : Detz has been lights out at the plate.

Thick
05-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Come on Pirtle!

Will James
05-17-2013, 10:12 PM
He's been my boy all year. We need more Detz'z and less puny bunting 2B.

Homedawg
05-17-2013, 10:21 PM
He's been my boy all year. We need more Detz'z and less puny bunting 2B.

Wtf are u talking about? 2b? He doesn't nor never will play second. He is adequate at third and doesn't fit what we do in the middle inf. there's a reason he doesn't play there. You are clueless
ETA, I'm not anti Detz just that he isn't a 2b. Period.

Will James
05-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Wtf are u talking about? 2b? He doesn't nor never will play second. He is adequate at third and doesn't fit what we do in the middle inf. there's a reason he doesn't play there. You are clueless
ETA, I'm not anti Detz just that he isn't a 2b. Period.

Talking hitter types. And he has a decent chance of being our 2B next yr if Frazier leaves.

Homedawg
05-17-2013, 10:44 PM
Talking hitter types. And he has a decent chance of being our 2B next yr if Frazier leaves.

Well if you think that you haven't seen us under Cohen. He won't play second, doesn't move well enough and doesn't turn the dp well enough.

Will James
05-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Well if you think that you haven't seen us under Cohen. He won't play second, doesn't move well enough and doesn't turn the dp well enough.

He won fielding awards at JUCO playing 2B. Unlike every other Cohen science project, we haven't gotten a chance to see him there.

Homedawg
05-17-2013, 11:05 PM
He won fielding awards at JUCO playing 2B. Unlike every other Cohen science project, we haven't gotten a chance to see him there.

I can't believe what I just read, science project? You are mr sabermetrics and you use the word science project? Hahahahahahahahahahaha name one team, one that has won the world series w sabermetrics! One!

Homedawg
05-17-2013, 11:11 PM

Fielding awards? Really? I'm sure jucos are full of fielding awards. I'd love to see that data. I'm sure you have a link. Probably the same one that led you to the hitting streak rule.

Will James
05-17-2013, 11:22 PM
I can't believe what I just read, science project? You are mr sabermetrics and you use the word science project? Hahahahahahahahahahaha name one team, one that has won the world series w sabermetrics! One!

Boston... And every team uses it to an extent. Winning a WS is tons of luck though in a playoff format. Advanced analytics real power comes in its use over a full 162. Like how the a's did it. Like how it completely turned around the Rays. Like how the Red Sox did it. Toronto Cleveland an Houston are now getting on board full-go. I look at the Angels and laugh.

Homedawg
05-18-2013, 10:29 AM
Boston... And every team uses it to an extent. Winning a WS is tons of luck though in a playoff format. Advanced analytics real power comes in its use over a full 162. Like how the a's did it. Like how it completely turned around the Rays. Like how the Red Sox did it. Toronto Cleveland an Houston are now getting on board full-go. I look at the Angels and laugh.

Nice try but wrong. True saber metrics guys go to their closer in any inning, Boston didnt do that. Also, you NEVER sac bunt, NEVER. Boston did sac bunt. Not often buy some. I can keep going stolen bases etc. but you get my point. NO team has ever ever won the world series using it anywhere near its truest form. It sounds good but if it was so damn great people would be implementing it in its entirety and kicking ass with it. Nice try. Thanks for playing.

Will James
05-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Nice try but wrong. True saber metrics guys go to their closer in any inning, Boston didnt do that. Also, you NEVER sac bunt, NEVER. Boston did sac bunt. Not often buy some. I can keep going stolen bases etc. but you get my point. NO team has ever ever won the world series using it anywhere near its truest form. It sounds good but if it was so damn great people would be implementing it in its entirety and kicking ass with it. Nice try. Thanks for playing.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Homedawg
05-18-2013, 10:59 AM
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Oh really? Are you saying sabermatricians don't believe in bringing in their closer when the game is "on the line", no matter the inning? Whether that's first second or whenever? Maybe u need to read up. Matter of fact, maybe you don't. I love proving your stupid ass wrong. And no team none has ever won following sabermetrics to a tee. Not even close.

Will James
05-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Oh really? Are you saying sabermatricians don't believe in bringing in their closer when the game is "on the line", no matter the inning? Whether that's first second or whenever? Maybe u need to read up. Matter of fact, maybe you don't. I love proving your stupid ass wrong. And no team none has ever won following sabermetrics to a tee. Not even close.

Its not all or nothing. There isn't one set of guidelines. Reagan was a conservative, he didn't cut taxes to 0%.

Todd4State
05-18-2013, 12:06 PM
The Red Sox used Moneyball as a guideline for acquiring players. Ironically- the key play that turned the Yankees/Red Sox series around was a stolen base from Dave Roberts, which is not a very Billy Beane type thing to do.

I laugh at the Angels too. "Hey, let's make a big splash on the free agent market, give up draft picks and then let's see what happens in about five years." Very, very shortsighted no matter what philosophy you believe in. And I'll say this too- sometimes when players get that big contract that sets them up for life in theory at least until they blow it on a hot dog stand- they don't have that edge that they had early in their career. I think that's what happened to Vernon Wells.

Homedawg
05-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Its not all or nothing. There isn't one set of guidelines. Reagan was a conservative, he didn't cut taxes to 0%.

Thus the words "true sabermatrician". There has never been one. Hella true sabermatrician doesn't pay for a closer. Fact is I'm right. Even though u claim I don't know what I'm taliking about. You get away with your know it all bullshit w people who don't know what they are talking about or don't care enough to look it up and call u out. There are opinions and facts. I don't have to agree w your opinion, you don't have to agree w mine. However, you try to paint something as a fact, when most of the time it's your opinion or better yet, your computerized bullshit.

Will James
05-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Thus the words "true sabermatrician". There has never been one. Hella true sabermatrician doesn't pay for a closer. Fact is I'm right. Even though u claim I don't know what I'm taliking about. You get away with your know it all bullshit w people who don't know what they are talking about or don't care enough to look it up and call u out. There are opinions and facts. I don't have to agree w your opinion, you don't have to agree w mine. However, you try to paint something as a fact, when most of the time it's your opinion or better yet, your computerized bullshit.

You are just rambling incoherently to try to prove me wrong when there is nothing to prove. Your entire premise is completely off.

Homedawg
05-18-2013, 12:32 PM
You are just rambling incoherently to try to prove me wrong when there is nothing to prove. Your entire premise is completely off.

Ill ask one more time and I'll leave it alone- where are any of these incorrect involving sabermetrics, 1-use of closer, don't think I need to repeat it again. 2- use of sac bunting, they don't believe in ever giving away one of 27 outs. 3-stealing bases, see above about giving up outs. All of these are facts. Yet, you keep saying I'm wrong. You haven't proven one thing I've said is wrong. Not one. Shocking. As for proving you wrong, I'm not trying to, you do that enough on your own.

Will James
05-18-2013, 12:39 PM
Ill ask one more time and I'll leave it alone- where are any of these incorrect involving sabermetrics, 1-use of closer, don't think I need to repeat it again. 2- use of sac bunting, they don't believe in ever giving away one of 27 outs. 3-stealing bases, see above about giving up outs. All of these are facts. Yet, you keep saying I'm wrong. You haven't proven one thing I've said is wrong. Not one. Shocking. As for proving you wrong, I'm not trying to, you do that enough on your own.

Sac bunting isn't ALWAYS a bad play
Stolen bases aren't ALWAYS a bad play.
The "closer" role as it has been lately is going away. Look at the Dodgers using their relief ace Jansen in the key sspots before the 9th and having League "close".

Again you think it's all or nothing, where sabermetrics is more Jedi and less Sith.