PDA

View Full Version : Top 24 products from Icast convention

BeastMan
07-18-2014, 10:59 AM
Via Todd Masson of Nola.com http://www.nola.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2014/07/24_new_products_youll_want_to.html

The one product that really jumps out is the love for the Pen Battle II. I'm a shimano guy but the penn battle always gets great ratings and it's fairly inexpensive. Makes me want to try one out

SpeckleDawg
07-18-2014, 11:17 AM
I have the Penn Battle in the 3000 series. I absolutely love it. It's spooled with 30lb power pro and is perfect for reds.

MSUDawg4Life
07-18-2014, 11:34 AM
My father likes his Shimanos and Penn Battles also. I decided to go with Pflueger.

What do you guys think about the kayak with the Minn Kota motor? Predator XL. (http://predatorkayak.com/xl/)

SpeckleDawg
07-18-2014, 01:11 PM
My father likes his Shimanos and Penn Battles also. I decided to go with Pflueger.

What do you guys think about the kayak with the Minn Kota motor? Predator XL. (http://predatorkayak.com/xl/)

My wife has a pfleuger president combo that has been abused and still performs well. It's a nice setup.

That Predator is pretty slick, but for $2699 and all of that weight, you might as well get a Gheenoe or something similar. I doubt you could really launch it like a normal kayak.

BeastMan
07-18-2014, 01:12 PM
Looks sick. I'd call it more of a small boat lol

MSUDawg4Life
07-18-2014, 01:47 PM
My wife has a pfleuger president combo that has been abused and still performs well. It's a nice setup.

That Predator is pretty slick, but for $2699 and all of that weight, you might as well get a Gheenoe or something similar. I doubt you could really launch it like a normal kayak.

I have a Pflueger President combo also and a Supreme XT in spinning reels. Supreme XT and Patriarch baitcasters. I figured two spinning reels and two baitcasters would be all I'd need.

Thanks for mentioning the Gheenoe boats. I'd never heard of them, but their boats definitely seem to be worth considering.

SpeckleDawg
07-18-2014, 02:32 PM
Thanks for mentioning the Gheenoe boats. I'd never heard of them, but their boats definitely seem to be worth considering.

I've wanted one for a while. They would be a great fit for a majority of my fishing and can be had for next to nothing. They are quite popular in FL, but not so much around here.

State82
07-18-2014, 02:47 PM
ICAST is one show I would really love to attend. Can't imagine how in awe I would be there. It would be like a kid visiting the North Pole at Christmas.

SpeckleDawg
07-18-2014, 07:31 PM
ICAST is one show I would really love to attend. Can't imagine how in awe I would be there. It would be like a kid visiting the North Pole at Christmas.

Any idea if it's always in Orlando? I've got a free place to stay down there and I've always wanted to go.

State82
07-18-2014, 08:03 PM
Any idea if it's always in Orlando? I've got a free place to stay down there and I've always wanted to go.

I believe it varies from year to year. It was in Las Vegas a year or so ago I remember. It is not open to the general public either so you have to know someone to get credentials if you are not a rep, manufacturer, etc.