PDA

View Full Version : Must watch baseball documentary/..

MsStateBaseball
07-17-2014, 11:00 PM
I highly recommend on Netflix The Battered Bastards of Baseball. Tells of Portland Mavericks, independent baseball. Must see if you love baseball and a good story.

dawgs
07-17-2014, 11:03 PM
Read about it the other day and put it in my Netflix queue. Sounds awesome.

messageboardsuperhero
07-17-2014, 11:14 PM
It's been in the queue for a few days now. Just got to get around to watching it.

Todd4State
07-17-2014, 11:31 PM
I actually watched a AAA game at the stadium that they used to play in. It had the bounciest Astroturf I have ever seen in my life.

It was an old and very unusual stadium because it was built down in a pit and you can see the trolleys traveling on the streets above you.

dawgs
07-17-2014, 11:49 PM
I actually watched a AAA game at the stadium that they used to play in. It had the bounciest Astroturf I have ever seen in my life.

It was an old and very unusual stadium because it was built down in a pit and you can see the trolleys traveling on the streets above you.

the timbers (mls) play in that stadium now. it's still built into a hole. on one side of the field, the top of the stands are at street level, and on the other side, it's not much above street level.

messageboardsuperhero
07-17-2014, 11:59 PM

I actually think the stadium is really awesome. It is very odd and unusual, but that's what gives it character.

http://cache.images.globalsportsmedia.com/soccer/venues/600x450/4294.jpg