PDA

View Full Version : Stolen- MSU Sports Play of the Year...

CadaverDawg
07-17-2014, 03:53 PM
What was your top play of the last year in MSU athletics?

I would think the Nickoe strip of Wallace (#Wallacing) would have to be the top play, especially since it secured a bowl bid. What other plays might either top it or be on the list?

Coach34
07-17-2014, 03:59 PM
Tyler Russell getting a "conclusion" against Okie State. Sped up the Legend of Dakota Prescott upon Miss State football

thf24
07-17-2014, 04:01 PM
I would think the Nickoe strip of Wallace (#Wallacing) would have to be the top play, especially since it secured a bowl bid.

This is the only correct answer in my opinion.

Smitty
07-17-2014, 04:09 PM
Damian Williams OT TD run vs Arkansas was pretty huge.

Dak on 4th and 2 Egg Bowl

CadaverDawg
07-17-2014, 06:05 PM
Damian Williams OT TD run vs Arkansas was pretty huge.

Dak on 4th and 2 Egg Bowl

Wasn't there a long 3rd down conversion against OM where Dak completed it to DeRunnya on the sideline? I may be wrong, or it may have been on the drive where we missed the game winning FG

ScoobaDawg
07-17-2014, 06:34 PM
Tyler Russell getting a "conclusion" against Okie State. Sped up the Legend of Dakota Prescott upon Miss State football

Wow... You really disliked tyler so much your play of the year is him getting hurt? Thats pretty screwed up.

War Machine Dawg
07-17-2014, 06:57 PM
I'll play along. For me, it's Nickoe's strip at UPig. If he doesn't make that play, we don't tie it up, go to OT, and eventually win. If we don't beat UPig, we have nothing to play for in the Egg Bowl, and Mullen is firmly on the hot seat. To me, that play saved our season as much or more than the Egg Bowl strip. But it's definitely hard not to pick the Egg Bowl strip.

CadaverDawg
07-17-2014, 07:04 PM
Wow... You really disliked tyler so much your play of the year is him getting hurt? Thats pretty screwed up.

Yea, I thought that was pretty messed up too

Political Hack
07-17-2014, 07:18 PM
my favorite play was seeing Cody Brown go from home to 3rd in the SEC tourney with the ball never leaving the infield. loved that raw emotion and will to make a play.

The best play was Dan going for it on 4th down in the Egg Bowl and Dak punching it in.

I seen it dawg
07-17-2014, 07:25 PM
my favorite play was seeing Cody Brown go from home to 3rd in the SEC tourney with the ball never leaving the infield. loved that raw emotion and will to make a play.

The best play was Dan going for it on 4th down in the Egg Bowl and Dak punching it in.

Dak punching it in crushed any football momentum they thought that paper recruiting class was going to give them. It was about taking something from them and they couldn't do anything about it. Crushed their souls.

Coach34
07-17-2014, 07:47 PM

Doesnt mean I dont like him- but him getting hurt helped MSU football immensely.

Russell doesnt get hurt?

We dont go bowling
Dakota isnt being mentioned as a Heisman candidate

All the momentum we have right now would be nonexistant

CadaverDawg
07-17-2014, 08:11 PM
Dak punching it in crushed any football momentum they thought that paper recruiting class was going to give them. It was about taking something from them and they couldn't do anything about it. Crushed their souls.

I seen somebody on a roll tonight. I agree completely

LC Dawg
07-17-2014, 11:47 PM
There were lots of huge plays in the Egg Bowl. The pass play to Jameon before Dak's td in overtime was really huge. If we don't complete that we probably have to try a field goal and we know how that probably would have turned out.
I tried to verify that I remember this correctly but it seems my wife has deleted the Egg Bowl from the dvr so if anyone knows a good divorce lawyer please message me.

DragonDawgZ
07-18-2014, 07:57 AM
I'll play along. For me, it's Nickoe's strip at UPig. If he doesn't make that play, we don't tie it up, go to OT, and eventually win. If we don't beat UPig, we have nothing to play for in the Egg Bowl, and Mullen is firmly on the hot seat. To me, that play saved our season as much or more than the Egg Bowl strip. But it's definitely hard not to pick the Egg Bowl strip.

This is spot on. Playing with a bum leg too.

DudyDawg
07-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Lol no basketball plays???

thf24
07-18-2014, 09:57 AM
Lol no basketball plays???

Were you expecting any? There aren't any baseball plays thus far either.

Doesnt mean I dont like him- but him getting hurt helped MSU football immensely.

Russell doesnt get hurt?

We dont go bowling

Hard to argue with this whether you think it's in poor taste or not.

Goat Holder
07-18-2014, 10:01 AM

Russell doesnt get hurt?

We dont go bowling

You are freaking retarded.

If Tyler doesn't get hurt, we MIGHT beat score on that first drive vs. Oklahoma State, then who knows what happens. And we would have beaten Auburn, because Russell would have hit Lewis all those times when Prescott missed him. We would have also beaten Ole Miss, I mean shit Damein Williams almost beat them himself. Had we not given them a blocked punt he might have pulled it off.

I agree Dak wouldn't be mentioned as a Heisman candidate. There are greater tragedies in life, I assure you.

Goat Holder
07-18-2014, 10:03 AM
The answer to this is Wallacing, as you say. Anything else is flat out wrong, if we are talking about Football 13 through Baseball 13, ie the school year.

ScoobaDawg
07-18-2014, 10:28 AM

I would think the Nickoe strip of Wallace (#Wallacing) would have to be the top play, especially since it secured a bowl bid. What other plays might either top it or be on the list?

and I agree with this. Many other plays built up the ability to be able to play for a bowl. but that PLAY in the moment is what sent us to a bowl and kept us from having a losing season and a LONG offseason and complete momentum change in the program.

DudyDawg
07-18-2014, 10:39 AM
Were you expecting any? There aren't any baseball plays thus far either.

I wasn't. Hence the lol…..

War Machine Dawg
07-18-2014, 11:35 AM
The answer to this is Wallacing, as you say. Anything else is flat out wrong, if we are talking about Football 13 through Baseball 13, ie the school year.

and I agree with this. Many other plays built up the ability to be able to play for a bowl. but that PLAY in the moment is what sent us to a bowl and kept us from having a losing season and a LONG offseason and complete momentum change in the program.

I just entirely disagree with this. If Nickoe doesn't make the strip in LR, we lose that game and most likely finish 4-8. The Egg Bowl play was amazing. One of my all time favorites, actually. But objectively, it wasn't bigger than the UPig strip. That play even more than #Wallacing saved the season. You can't give importance bonus points just because it happened against the BearSharks, although I'd certainly like to.

Goat Holder
07-18-2014, 11:42 AM
I just entirely disagree with this. If Nickoe doesn't make the strip in LR, we lose that game and most likely finish 4-8. The Egg Bowl play was amazing. One of my all time favorites, actually. But objectively, it wasn't bigger than the UPig strip. That play even more than #Wallacing saved the season. You can't give importance bonus points just because it happened against the BearSharks, although I'd certainly like to.

If you want to look at it like that, what about Kendrick Market's tackle against Bowling Green (or Kentucky, can't remember which)? If you're talking domino effect, you could go on forever. To me, the only reason that Arkansas game was close was because we brought our C game on the road.

Has to be a little emotion involved if you're picking one singular play. Must be impact.

FISHDAWG
07-18-2014, 11:47 AM
letting Earhart kick the final feild goal of the year ... and no, no sarcasterics

War Machine Dawg
07-18-2014, 11:49 AM
If you want to look at it like that, what about Kendrick Market's tackle against Bowling Green (or Kentucky, can't remember which)? If you're talking domino effect, you could go on forever. To me, the only reason that Arkansas game was close was because we brought our C game on the road.

Has to be a little emotion involved if you're picking one singular play. Must be impact.

I actually considered Market's UK tackle. Agree that emotion does play some factor, though. Regardless, 2 of the 5 biggest plays of the season involved Nickoe. He might've only been playing on one leg and sucked in coverage, but we're going to miss his big play ability.

Coach34
07-18-2014, 11:54 AM
Sorry Goat

Okie State beats us whether Russell stayed healthy or not. They were gashing our D in 2nd half.
I also don't think we beat Auburn with Russell-their pass rush would have gotten to him a good bit. Also questionable if we beat Kentucky or UPig had he not been hurt in those games.

Russell getting hurt hurt to begin the year was huge for our football program. Just huge

Rayburn8
07-18-2014, 11:55 AM

Stole my thread haha, and it's most defintally that cox pick on the sideline in the egg bowl.

DudyDawg
07-18-2014, 11:59 AM
Sorry Goat

Okie State beats us whether Russell stayed healthy or not. They were gashing our D in 2nd half.
I also don't think we beat Auburn with Russell-their pass rush would have gotten to him a good bit. Also questionable if we beat Kentucky or UPig had he not been hurt in those games.

Russell getting hurt hurt to begin the year was huge for our football program. Just huge

I wouldn't say bashing. They were certainly better than the first half but they really only had two good drives and one decent one that we stopped on fourth down. 14 second half points (especially for an offense like that) isn't really gashing it. Think that's discrediting a pretty good performance from a defense

The Federalist Engineer
07-18-2014, 03:35 PM
It's Nickoe for the Egg, this play ended the game and brought down the curtains. It was a walk off play against a team and fan base that we consider fecal mater.

Political Hack
07-18-2014, 03:37 PM
Sorry Goat

disagree. We win that game if Russell continues to perform like he did before he got his head slammed into the turf.