PDA

View Full Version : Question in regards to fat boy's article

ShotgunDawg
07-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Since all the pathetic Mississippi media feels that it is their responsibility throw a wet towel on Dak's Heisman chances, I'm just curious what it would take to change their mind.

If Dak walks into Tiger Stadium in the 4th week of the season and leads MSU to a victory over LSU, then will the Mississippi media begin to buy in, or will they continue to be concerned about how others view them, and continue to put our state down? If not at LSU, then when?

The media in our state is mind boggling to me. An analogy to the way our media behaves would be like telling a child that he couldn't be anything he wanted to be. You can't be president because your from Mississippi. All you can be a garbage man. Where is the pride, the hope, and the belief that anything is possible? Why is our state infected with a disease to always pump the brakes, and always throw wet towels on hope and pride?

Think about how the United States reacted to Klinsmann when he said the USA couldn't win the World Cup. Perhaps he was right, but us Americans were outraged because we believe we can accomplish anything. Why isn't Mississippi the same?

Why does our media possess a loser mentality that finds pleasure in bashing and putting down their own? Why not build up state heroes into role models, and give kids around the state the hope that they can accomplish anything?

What was the point of Kellenberger's article? What purpose and need did it serve?

I don't get it.

CadaverDawg
07-17-2014, 01:08 PM
It's not about Mississippians...it's about Ole Miss and their media folks . They had no problem doing all of the things you mentioned when it was Eli

BulldogBear
07-17-2014, 01:16 PM
Since all the pathetic Mississippi media feels that it is their responsibility throw a wet towel on Dak's Heisman chances, I'm just curious what it would take to change their mind.

If Dak walks into Tiger Stadium in the 4th week of the season and leads MSU to a victory over LSU, then will the Mississippi media begin to buy in, or will they continue to be concerned about how others view them, and continue to put our state down? If not at LSU, then when?

The media in our state is mind boggling to me. An analogy to the way our media behaves would be like telling a child that he couldn't be anything he wanted to be. You can't be president because your from Mississippi. All you can be a garbage man. Where is the pride, the hope, and the belief that anything is possible? Why is our state infected with a disease to always pump the brakes, and always throw wet towels on hope and pride?

Think about how the United States reacted to Klinsmann when he said the USA couldn't win the World Cup. Perhaps he was right, but us Americans were outraged believe we can accomplish anything. Why isn't Mississippi the same?

Why does out media possess a loser mentality that finds pleasure in bashing and putting down their own? Why not build up state heroes into role models, and give kids around the state the hope that they can accomplish anything?

What was the point of Kellenberger's article? What purpose and need did it serve?

I don't get it.

All the media will do if this happens is go on ad nauseum about how LSU is "down."

RossDawg82
07-17-2014, 01:20 PM
Yeah they will never back MSU and I'm to the point where I would not want them to. I'm tired of the CL and everything they stand for. Manning, mccallister, Snead were all backed by the CL. It's simple bias and nothing more. There should not be one state fan that has a subscription to that newspaper

HereComesTheSpiral
07-17-2014, 01:22 PM
When Ole Miss grads quit signing their paychecks, then they might cut out the bias. Until that happens, I wouldn't hold my breath .

messageboardsuperhero
07-17-2014, 01:22 PM
Kellenberger's article reeked of some UM booster saying: "Oh shit, this Mississippi State player is getting recognition. We better call the CL and get our beat writer to write a story dismissing him. But how can we make him look bad? Um... Remember that one interception he almost threw in the Egg Bowl? Yeah, lets run with that." It's laughable to me, because Bo actually threw three interceptions (and these were real ones, not should-have-beens)- and he actually threw another one that didn't even get reviewed.

The purpose of the article was to try and take away from Dak's hype. It's really that simple.

curmudgeon
07-17-2014, 01:35 PM
It's not about Mississippians...it's about Ole Miss and their media folks . They had no problem doing all of the things you mentioned when it was Eli

Eli? Eli was a legitimate Heisman candidate.May have won it if they would have beaten LSU.

They did it with Jevan Snead. Prescott's chances are infinitely better than Sneads.

yjnkdawg
07-17-2014, 01:36 PM
The Clarion Ledger has always been pro OM sports , especially football, even before Gannett Publishing bought the paper.

preachermatt83
07-17-2014, 01:45 PM
The Clarion Ledger has always been pro OM sports , especially football, even before Gannett Publishing bought the paper.

I swear this story is true... I was arguing with a Bear attorney who happens to be my friend about something and I don't even know what but the convo turned to the CL and he ranted about how Pro- MSU it was and how it was ran almost exclusively by MSU alums. True story. Alls I could do was smh.

CadaverDawg
07-17-2014, 02:22 PM
Eli? Eli was a legitimate Heisman candidate.May have won it if they would have beaten LSU.

They did it with Jevan Snead. Prescott's chances are infinitely better than Sneads.

Did you read the OP? I didn't say Eli wasn't legit...I said the Mississippi media has no problem getting behind a player as long as they play for OM. Even if Dak were on Eli's level, they wouldn't pimp him like they would an OM player. It's just the way it is.

Same reason the big headed Scott Simmons guy on WAPT always throws out Hotty Toddy and shit during the broadcast if they win a big game, yet never says a peep if State wins a big one. It doesn't take them telling us he's a Rebel fan for you to see the media Bias

AFDawg
07-17-2014, 02:27 PM
There should not be one state fan that has a subscription to that newspaper

People still subscribe to newspapers?

starkvegasdawg
07-17-2014, 02:30 PM
I swear this story is true... I was arguing with a Bear attorney who happens to be my friend about something and I don't even know what but the convo turned to the CL and he ranted about how Pro- MSU it was and how it was ran almost exclusively by MSU alums. True story. Alls I could do was smh.

I believe you completely. I remember back several years ago when my main posting was on the article discussions of the CL all of the TSUN fans swore up and down that the CL was so MSU biased that it was company policy to wear maroon at least twice a week and to have a cowbell sitting on your desk.

LC Dawg
07-17-2014, 02:39 PM
Ole Miss doesn't play 9/20, the day we play LSU. On 9/21 the Vikings play at the Saints and the Texans are at the Giants. Archie played for the Saints and Vikings and in Houston and Eli now plays for the Giants so the day after we beat LSU the Clarion Ledger will do a feature on the Manning family as the main story on the sports page.
By the way that's the first time I have typed, said, referenced, etc., us beating LSU since I last walked out of Tiger Stadium in '98. I'm not sure I really believe it but my healing process from that day's beat down needs to start one day.

maroonmania
07-17-2014, 02:54 PM

or Jevon Snead or Deuce McAllister or anyone else OM wants to trot out. And those were players that OM itself had a campaign for, MSU has done nothing for Dak, its all coming from national guys.

poposay
07-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Now that's interesting. Who's the grad? I thought Gannet owned the Liar. Maybe this is something we can take to twitter for a little lesson in public shaming? It's worked before for other folks who've had a beef with management.

BulldogBear
07-17-2014, 03:36 PM
I believe you completely. I remember back several years ago when my main posting was on the article discussions of the CL all of the TSUN fans swore up and down that the CL was so MSU biased that it was company policy to wear maroon at least twice a week and to have a cowbell sitting on your desk.

This is because it should be all about them. To even mention MSU is MSU bias because they own the CL***

I seen it dawg
07-17-2014, 04:11 PM

Think about how the United States reacted to Klinsmann when he said the USA couldn't win the World Cup. Perhaps he was right, but us Americans were outraged because we believe we can accomplish anything. Why isn't Mississippi the same?

Why does our media possess a loser mentality that finds pleasure in bashing and putting down their own? Why not build up state heroes into role models, and give kids around the state the hope that they can accomplish anything?

I don't get it.

**** em

ScoobaDawg
07-17-2014, 06:35 PM

Exactly... and he got everyones attention and page hits and he is the one being talked about.

Guys dont even give him the time of day thats all they are trying to do.