PDA

View Full Version : Usm game

msstate7
07-17-2014, 10:56 AM
Besides a big win, what do you wanna see?

I most wanna see 150-200 yards rushing by our rb's

maroonmania
07-17-2014, 10:59 AM
Seriously, the first 3 games if we can win the games without any 4th quarter drama which shouldn't happen with that caliber of competition, then my primary concern is keeping our key guys healthy. I want to come into Baton Rouge full strength and ready to roll.

PMDawg
07-17-2014, 11:03 AM

A lot of push from the DL resulting in negative plays and disruption throughout the game. WITHOUT blitzing.

BeachDawg
07-17-2014, 11:09 AM
I wanna see Chris Jones flatten a lineman and drive the quarterback into the dirt over and over.

msstate7
07-17-2014, 11:11 AM
Id also like to see more excitement from our return teams

RossDawg82
07-17-2014, 11:12 AM
I would like to have at least 6-8 take aways in the first 3 games

Johnson85
07-17-2014, 11:17 AM

Easy win.
Dominating run game that doesn't require Dak to keep it much.
Domination on offense so that Dak basically scores when he is called on to throw or run the ball.
Defense dominating from fairly basic packages. If our DLine is good, we shouldn't need to blitz.
No injuries.
Lots of experience for any younger guys we're going to be relying on.
I would love to see us go vertical more than we have in the past now that we have a legitimate deep threat with some experience.

starkvegasdawg
07-17-2014, 11:17 AM
I want to see Nick James live up to potential. Him and Chris Jones in the middle playing at a high level would be a nightmare scenario for opposing offenses.

DudyDawg
07-17-2014, 11:24 AM
A number lower than 60 and lower than 220 for their rushing and passing yards respectively

SaltyDawg
07-17-2014, 11:27 AM

The stadium to be 100% complete.

engie
07-17-2014, 11:29 AM
- Special Teams
- Justin Cox(USM's QB finally started throwing it pretty well late last year)
- JRob
- Who is #2 RB
- Dez Harris
- Who starts opposite Preston at DE?
- Nick James
- WRs stepping up
- OL rotations
- Damien's progression

Beyond the obvious with Dak

DudyDawg
07-17-2014, 11:32 AM
- Special Teams
- Justin Cox(USM's QB finally started throwing it pretty well late last year)
- JRob
- Who is #2 RB
- Dez Harris
- Who starts opposite Preston at DE?
- Nick James
- WRs stepping up
- OL rotations
- Damien's progression

Beyond the obvious with Dak

Think the other DE spot will be solid, but there won't be one person there doing the damage. Think we have a few similarly talented guys that we can rotate and keep fresh and make into a good DE all put together.

Gridiron87
07-17-2014, 11:38 AM
Think its very important to get off to a good start. The key here is NO INJURIES, none. This needs to be one of those 34-10, 41-14 types of games but USM always gets motivated to play one of the big boys so we'll see. It would be nice for y'all to have Dak finish the day 15-19 for 275 yards and three touchdowns. Along with that, the rushing offense should have around 150 yards rushing. If that happens, it will limit the amount of times Dak has to run the ball and I think we can all agree that keeping him healthy is the most important objective if this season is going to be special.

ShotgunDawg
07-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Seriously, the first 3 games if we can win the games without any 4th quarter drama which shouldn't happen with that caliber of competition, then my primary concern is keeping our key guys healthy. I want to come into Baton Rouge full strength and ready to roll.

This is all that matters. The rest is just window dressing that really doesn't.

However, here is what Id like to see, am it has nothing to do with stats.

1. I want to see a kicker get off to a good start, siege the job, and gain confidence.

2. I want to see rhythm and sharpness in our passing game.

3. I want to see our d-line dominate.

Gridiron87
07-17-2014, 11:53 AM
This is all that matters. The rest is just window dressing that really doesn't.

However, here is what Id like to see, am it has nothing to do with stats.

1. I want to see a kicker get off to a good start, siege the job, and gain confidence.

2. I want to see rhythm and sharpness in our passing game.

3. I want to see our d-line dominate.
But i think you have to have decent stats both offensively and defensively to minimize injury to key players. If Dak has to finish the night with 120 yards rushing and the team only wins by 3 then I would say things didn't go as planned because you DO NOT want Dak feeling like he has to put the team on his shoulders in the very first game against a subpar USM team. The offensive stats need to be there to indicate that the team did well without having to run the hell out of Dak.

GreenheadDawg
07-17-2014, 12:08 PM

bingo. I would like to see our starters out by halftime with backups playing the entire 2nd half. We HAVE to be healthy for LSU if we have any chance of beating them. If we have starters out or guys banged up it's going to be hard to win in death valley

Irondawg
07-17-2014, 12:42 PM
FG accuracy and a RT that can hold blocks against average DE's

We get those two things and I think we'll be fine. If we can generate any rushing attack to the right side it will help our balance as well.

Bothrops
07-17-2014, 12:44 PM

Sacks. Several. Rushing and passing td's at will.

Johnson85
07-17-2014, 12:54 PM
bingo. I would like to see our starters out by halftime with backups playing the entire 2nd half. We HAVE to be healthy for LSU if we have any chance of beating them. If we have starters out or guys banged up it's going to be hard to win in death valley

You have to balance your desire to avoid injury with the need to let your players play into game shape and also to let them polish up their game. Our starters don't need to play through the third quarter even in a blowout. Mix in the backups early and often, but I don't think we want to go into LSU with our starters averaging playing a little over half a game.

thunderclap
07-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Attitude and killer instinct, which was missing the last time we had a soft early schedule. Starters in for three quarters no matter the score.

BulldogBear
07-17-2014, 01:12 PM

THIS^ ...though if we can do so and win 52-0 so be it. Anyone. Anytime. Anywhere. Anyscore.

GreenheadDawg
07-17-2014, 01:38 PM
You have to balance your desire to avoid injury with the need to let your players play into game shape and also to let them polish up their game. Our starters don't need to play through the third quarter even in a blowout. Mix in the backups early and often, but I don't think we want to go into LSU with our starters averaging playing a little over half a game.

I see your point and agree but we do have experience. We are not playing a bunch of freshman and sophomores who have never been in the spotlight in a big game. I think it's much more important to have a healthy and fresh 1st and 2nd string

LC Dawg
07-17-2014, 01:53 PM
A lot of push from the DL resulting in negative plays and disruption throughout the game. WITHOUT blitzing.

This is what I want to see. I want our defense to dominate the line of scrimmage. I want teams worried about how to play call against us because of all the disruption we cause along the line.

CadaverDawg
07-17-2014, 02:09 PM
Think its very important to get off to a good start. The key here is NO INJURIES, none. This needs to be one of those 34-10, 41-14 types of games but USM always gets motivated to play one of the big boys so we'll see. It would be nice for y'all to have Dak finish the day 15-19 for 275 yards and three touchdowns. Along with that, the rushing offense should have around 150 yards rushing. If that happens, it will limit the amount of times Dak has to run the ball and I think we can all agree that keeping him healthy is the most important objective if this season is going to be special.

Sorry, but who is y'all? Who are you a fan of?

CadaverDawg
07-17-2014, 02:10 PM
I want to see crisp routes by the WR's,

Holes created by our OLine for RB's

Field goal accuracy

Good defensive line push

No big plays against our secondary

TrueMaroon
07-17-2014, 02:12 PM
I want to see MAYHEM. Chris Jones vs. a CUSA offensive lineman should leave a lot of carnage.

DudyDawg
07-17-2014, 02:19 PM
Sorry, but who is y'all? Who are you a fan of?

He's an ole miss student and state is his "second favorite team who he pulls for when playing anyone else"

CadaverDawg
07-17-2014, 02:27 PM
He's an ole miss student and state is his "second favorite team who he pulls for when playing anyone else"

Seriously? I've been away most of today, and I've spotted 3 trolls posting regularly in today's threads. The butthurt is strong

DudyDawg
07-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Seriously? I've been away most of today, and I've spotted 3 trolls posting regularly in today's threads. The butthurt is strong

Yeah, he said that in one of his posts, but he hasn't been trolling IMO. Seems kinda like TUSK. Hasn't come to bash much. Buuuut he's an ole miss fan so I don't know how the hammer holders feel about it. Seemed okay to me so far tho........ So far

CadaverDawg
07-17-2014, 02:34 PM
Yeah, he said that in one of his posts, but he hasn't been trolling IMO. Seems kinda like TUSK. Hasn't come to bash much. Buuuut he's an ole miss fan so I don't know how the hammer holders feel about it. Seemed okay to me so far tho........ So far

I'll leave that one for the board creators to decide. Either way, I doubt he has a long leash

mstatefan91
07-17-2014, 02:39 PM
NM wrong thread lol

Jack Lambert
07-17-2014, 02:45 PM

Just for all those ass wipe USM fan who said we were too scared to play them I want to beat them by 40 plus points.

poposay
07-17-2014, 03:07 PM
-a guy that can make a damn field goal
-no injuries
-a third serious wr threat
-Dak's throwing improved, and not running as much because
-the rb's lit up the field

Pollodawg
07-17-2014, 03:16 PM
I want to see us dominate from kick off to final whistle. No more taking the foot off the gas and allowing shit ass teams to come back.

As stated above, I don't want any 4th quarter heart attack games against the likes of South Alabama or USM.

If Dak is going to wing it around 25-30 times a game, let it be these games. I want to see him be elusive in the pocket while still being mindful of down field.

I want to see Nick James step up and be what we all know he can, Having him and Jones on the same line would be unreal.

Tack aways. I want to see a hungry, opportunistic secondary. I wanna see a continuance in this regard from the end of last season.

Field Goals. FIELD GOALS. FIELD GOALS I want us to hit some 35+ yarders.

BulldogBear
07-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Just for all those ass wipe USM fan who said we were too scared to play them I want to beat them by 40 plus points.

Yep. That's kind of why I said my first concern is our health but if we can stay healthy and embarrass them.... I WANT THAT. Please leave no freakin' doubt. USM folks can be worse than the Bears about discounting wins. I'm sure it doesn't count because they suck...even though they weren't sucky when we scheduled them.

maroonmania
07-17-2014, 04:05 PM
I want to see us dominate from kick off to final whistle. No more taking the foot off the gas and allowing shit ass teams to come back.

As stated above, I don't want any 4th quarter heart attack games against the likes of South Alabama or USM.

If Dak is going to wing it around 25-30 times a game, let it be these games. I want to see him be elusive in the pocket while still being mindful of down field.

I want to see Nick James step up and be what we all know he can, Having him and Jones on the same line would be unreal.

Tack aways. I want to see a hungry, opportunistic secondary. I wanna see a continuance in this regard from the end of last season.

Field Goals. FIELD GOALS. FIELD GOALS I want us to hit some 35+ yarders.

Biggest thing I'm looking for out of fall camp is will there be an emergence of a new FG kicker. I hope so because I'm just not feeling it for Sobes.

Johnson85
07-17-2014, 04:09 PM
-a guy that can make a damn field goal
-no injuries
-a third serious wr threat
-Dak's throwing improved, and not running as much because
-the rb's lit up the field

You don't consider Tubby, RoJo, and Bear to be three serious threats? I would love to see one or two of the other young guys be as good or better than RoJo, but I think all three of those have proven to be serious threats.

ShotgunDawg
07-17-2014, 04:17 PM
Biggest thing I'm looking for out of fall camp is will there be an emergence of a new FG kicker. I hope so because I'm just not feeling it for Sobes.

This is the problem. In practice, all these guys apparently make every field goal. Last year it was said that Bell rarely missed in practice, but had mental problems in the game. That's why it is so important in the first three games for someone to siege the job. We won't learn anything from practice.

Bullmutt
07-17-2014, 04:52 PM
We have enough of a lead that we pull Dak after 1-2 drives in the 3rd and let Williams develop some more.
FG's and EP's be 100%.
Dominating D- hold them to 10 pts. or fewer.
No injuries.