PDA

View Full Version : What are your expectations this year and what has to happen?

Alldawg
07-17-2014, 10:47 AM
With all the hype, what are your personal expectations this season "if" the team can avoid the injury bug? What position or positions are the most critical in avoiding injury.

TheRef
07-17-2014, 10:56 AM
OL all day, every day. If the OL can stay injury free, then we'll be a lot better.

Political Hack
07-17-2014, 11:01 AM
It's almost about keeping key players healthy more so than key positions. E.g., Dak has to stay healthy. Clausell & Day. BMac. Preston Smith.

Healthy State wins 9+ this season.

Coach34
07-17-2014, 11:09 AM
No major injury to a starter on the OL or to Dakota and we win 9+. 8 wins will be a decent season but anything less would be very disappointing

We can actually absorb an injury anywhere else

cheewgumm
07-17-2014, 11:17 AM
We should win 8:

4 Patsies
Vandy
Kentucky
Arkansas
(Either LSU, A&M, OMU, or Auburn)

9 would be nice.

Apoplectic
07-17-2014, 11:26 AM
Breakthrough win against a ranked team.

DudyDawg
07-17-2014, 11:27 AM
We win the playoffs and preacher gets 100,000 vCash

Gridiron87
07-17-2014, 11:42 AM
MSU will absolutely get the signature win this season. It always makes me angry to hear fellow rebel fans say "well Dan hasn't won the big one yet." That's total bs. He beat Michigan by what, like 40? He's beaten Auburn, Arkansas, OM (4 times), Florida, and a few others. The difference between previous Dan Mullen teams and this years team is this year you guys will beat either LSU or Auburn. I'm thinking Auburn because you guys always play them close.

preachermatt83
07-17-2014, 12:06 PM
We win the playoffs and preacher gets 100,000 vCash

http://steeshes.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/ron-swanson-dancing.gif?w=625

preachermatt83
07-17-2014, 12:11 PM
11-1!! Anything less than 9-3 is totally freaking unacceptable.

11-1= ecstatic
10-2= Good deal
9-3= Bout right
8-4= Dissappointed greatly
anything worse is sickening.

preachermatt83
07-17-2014, 12:14 PM
We should win 8:

4 Patsies
Vandy
Kentucky
Arkansas
(Either LSU, A&M, OMU, or Auburn)
9 would be nice.

If we don't go ATLEAST 2-2 in these games then we underachieved greatly imo. I think we will go 4-0 in those games but will be pretty disappointed if we don't go 3-1.

Dawg61
07-17-2014, 12:21 PM
I expect to be good.

MS_half-step
07-17-2014, 12:59 PM
7-5, mark it down

LC Dawg
07-17-2014, 01:16 PM
If we don't win at least 9 this year with our talent and leadership we may as well resign ourselves to being the 5th-7th place team in the West every year.

yjnkdawg
07-17-2014, 01:21 PM
I think avoiding key player injuries, and players playing to their full potential or higher than expected. I think to reach that next level, you also have to have a little luck thrown in there. Just ask Auburn.

BhamDawg
07-17-2014, 01:36 PM
10-2. Anything less and I will be disappointed. I also think if 2 of those wins are against Alabama and Auburn, we win the west.

1998Dawg
07-17-2014, 01:40 PM
10-2 should be the most reasonable bet imo. As long as no injury to OL. We've got solid depth everywhere else where we can take a hit. Hell, even if Dak went down we'd be alright I think. We've got best qb depth we've probably had in 15+ years, gotta keep that in mind.

I think we're o/u 9.5 win total in vegas so that aligns with my prediction, they're always pretty close.

Alldawg
07-17-2014, 01:51 PM
11-1!! Anything less than 9-3 is totally freaking unacceptable.

11-1= ecstatic ( zero injuries along the OL, DL, QB, WR, and secondary and possible )
10-2= Good deal ( see above )
9-3= Bout right ( if an injury to a starting OL or Dak for a game or so depending on op, likely to happen )
8-4= Dissappointed greatly unless dak goes out for a few weeks or the LT or LG goes out for a few weeks
anything worse is sickening. If the injury bug takes out the line or Dak, very likely

Covercorner2
07-17-2014, 01:51 PM
]
10-2 should be the most reasonable bet imo. As long as no injury to OL. We've got solid depth everywhere else where we can take a hit. Hell, even if Dak went down we'd be alright I think. We've got best qb depth we've probably had in 15+ years, gotta keep that in mind.

I think we're o/u 9.5 win total in vegas so that aligns with my prediction, they're always pretty close.

We are 7.5 in Vegas...

Johnson85
07-17-2014, 01:52 PM
With all the hype, what are your personal expectations this season "if" the team can avoid the injury bug? What position or positions are the most critical in avoiding injury.

If we avoid the injury bug, I will be disappointed in anything less that 9 wins as weird as that feels to type. I won't be mad with 8, but that will mean most likely that we won 4 OOC, Vandy, UK, and UM and it would be disappointing to not come through in any of the other 4 games. That said if we win 8 and LSU, Bama, Auburn, and A&M are all top 15 teams, and we play all of them all competitively, it won't make me lose faith in Mullen. If we win 7 and it's not due to serious injury issues, I will question whether Mullen can get it done; I won't be calling for his head by any means, but I will never expect more than 6 or 7 wins from him again and will simply be pleasantly surprised if and when it happens.

The positions where avoiding injury are the most important are probably Dak, then the Clausf/clayborne/Malone/Day, then Malone, then LT/C, then CJ then Cox. I think we would have a decent replacement for pretty much anybody else.

Johnson85
07-17-2014, 01:56 PM
]

We are 7.5 in Vegas...

That is tempting. I'd be all over 7. If it was 8 I'd be the under and be thrilled to lose, ok with a push, and use my winnings to buy liquor if I won. I think they picked the right number.

1998Dawg
07-17-2014, 02:15 PM
well vegas can be wrong too though. I don't know about that 7.5 o/u anyway.

Regardless I think it's pretty realistic to see 10-2 ahead of us as long as oline stay in tip top shape.

CadaverDawg
07-17-2014, 02:16 PM

How are you still here? Think changing your avatar would help you blend in?
You aren't fooling anybody

preachermatt83
07-17-2014, 02:17 PM
taking the over on the 7.5 is the best bet in Vegas right now.

1998Dawg
07-17-2014, 02:19 PM
taking the over on the 7.5 is the best bet in Vegas right now.

if that's what it is set at, I agree completely. Could be an error on their part because that doesn't seem right to me.

Covercorner2
07-17-2014, 02:24 PM
How are you still here? Think changing your avatar would help you blend in?
You aren't fooling anybody

THIS. Dude is either clueless or a troll.

State is 7.5 in Vegas, it's not surprising, we are Mississippi State. I'm not even sure if UGA and South Carolina are 9.5, and I think that's right where the defending SEC champions sit at. For the record, I think we will smash that over, but if you think 7.5 is an "error" or that the o/u IS 9.5 then you obviously don't get out much or are a troll...

ETA: Actually Auburn and LSU are at 9 and UGA and USC are at 9.5 to give some perspective....

1998Dawg
07-17-2014, 02:30 PM
I certainly could be wrong, if that makes me a troll then I don't know what that means. I don't gamble ever and just thought thats what I heard it was. But if its 7.5 I don't see how that's not free money. Hell, I might find a booky and place a wager down. More of an investment than anything at that point.

tcdog70
07-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Our special teams must be special. That has been our weak link under Dan. We just need a kicker to be able to kick 30 yard fgs. We need better punt and kickoff coverage. And our return teams need to step it up. I think our punter will be OK.

9-3 would be OK

Bullmutt
07-17-2014, 05:09 PM
I expect 9 wins. Anything under will be disappointing. If it's 8-4, at least two of those wins need to be against Aubby, Bama, LSU, or OM. I would be willing to suffer a fluke loss to a KY, TAMU or Vandy if it meant we won two out of four against those teams.

ScoobaDawg
07-17-2014, 06:41 PM
If we don't go ATLEAST 2-2 in these games then we underachieved greatly imo. I think we will go 4-0 in those games but will be pretty disappointed if we don't go 3-1.

My mid summer wool is right along with you. The only game I don't think about winning is Bama. But I can't go 11-1. We are going to loose to either LSU or AU also. Which makes me sick as this is the best chance to beat LSU in a long time.. and SCREW AUBURN, I want to destroy them and can't stomach the thought of another last second loss to Auburn.
We will NOT lose to the Bears. PERIOD.

Health is key though. a Lineman goes down or god forbid Dak goes down and obviously all changes.

Coach 57
07-18-2014, 12:46 PM
We are a 10 win team this year. I honestly if we beat LSU at Tiger Stadium this will be a VERY special year and have the potential to be in Atlanta! Barring any major injury of course. But what in the world makes people think we only win 7 right out of the shoot? Good grief, do you people not understand this is the greatest assembly of talent 1-11 on the field....EVER? There has been years where we may have had 1 single guy better but NEVER as a unit! This is what transcendent football teams do, they win most when the teams TRUE leader is behind center! It's ALWAYS been that way.

CadaverDawg
07-18-2014, 12:49 PM
I think we win 8 regular season games, and our 9th in a bowl game

HoopsDawg
07-18-2014, 12:57 PM
My expectations are 8-4. Anything less is unacceptable unless there are a rash of injuries. Anything better is a great job by the coaching staff.

Those expecting 10 or 11 wins will be sorely disappointed. We don't have the explosive players on offense. No elite RB, No outside WR that can take the top of the defense, and unproven maybe even untalented OL depth.

Worst injuries would be in order: Dak, Clausell, Day, Clayborn, and Mckinney.

Covercorner2
07-18-2014, 01:26 PM
My expectations are 8-4. Anything less is unacceptable unless there are a rash of injuries. Anything better is a great job by the coaching staff.

Those expecting 10 or 11 wins will be sorely disappointed. We don't have the explosive players on offense. No elite RB, No outside WR that can take the top of the defense, and unproven maybe even untalented OL depth.

Worst injuries would be in order: Dak, Clausell, Day, Clayborn, and Mckinney.

What "explosive" players did FSU or Auburn have on offense last year? Better yet, please define "explosive."

Political Hack
07-18-2014, 01:30 PM
7.5 is an easy over IMO. We've got 6 in the bank with the OOC and East schedule and should win 2-3 games in the West as well.

Alldawg
07-18-2014, 01:54 PM
What "explosive" players did FSU or Auburn have on offense last year? Better yet, please define "explosive."

Marshall and Winston

Covercorner2
07-18-2014, 02:09 PM
Marshall and Winston

So they are "explosive" and Dak isn't?

DudyDawg
07-18-2014, 02:36 PM
So they are "explosive" and Dak isn't?
Last year, yes they were explosive. And while dak was, he wasn't to that level. Not saying he isn't now/won't be, just that last year those two teams had guys that were. If dak is what we think he is, then obviously we will be really good. I think he meant that those two were more explosive last year. One of them won the heisman so it's not hard to see

Covercorner2
07-18-2014, 02:45 PM
Dak and Nick Marshall averaged same amount of yards per carry. Dak scored more TDs on the ground. Dak's longest rushing TD was longer than Marshall's. No, it is hard to see actually...

blacklistedbully
07-18-2014, 02:49 PM
preachermatt & I are on the same page 100%.