PDA

View Full Version : According to this scientic chart from Bruiser we were a lucky team last year.

Lloyd Christmas
07-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Good Lord (http://nafoom.yuku.com/topic/48530/A-quick-SEC-Luck-Analysis-looking-back-at-2013)

PassInterference
07-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Motion to delete this thread. I enjoy ED's existence without Rebel Bruiser and his ilk.

thf24
07-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Is he really defining "lucky" as simply winning more than half of your close games? What meaningless bullshit. The ONLY instances I'd deem as wins resulting from luck are those where a single freak play made the difference in the game, as in Marshall's self-completion, and the Georgia tip, and the kick 6 (all Auburn...). Since when is a team cutting it close but taking care of business "lucky?"

BeastMan
07-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Bruiser is usually pretty intelligent but that has to be the dumbest use of data I've ever seen. There is no logic behind his "adjusted records" whatsoever. It's fabricated revisionist history.

CadaverDawg
07-16-2014, 02:33 PM
Bruiser is usually pretty intelligent but that has to be the dumbest use of data I've ever seen. There is no logic behind his "adjusted records" whatsoever. It's fabricated revisionist history.

It left me speechless it was so dumb and useless. 100% dumbassery there.

So if we had kicked a FG with 5 seconds left instead of taking a knee, we could go from a lucky win to a normal win? Brilliance!

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380396140/763363.gif

Goat Holder
07-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Bruiser is usually pretty intelligent...

Dude.....NO, he's not. Who came up with that? He's the most passive aggressive rebel tool out there. I mean, a true douche.

CadaverDawg
07-16-2014, 02:41 PM
Dude.....NO, he's not. Who came up with that? He's the most passive aggressive rebel tool out there. I mean, a true douche.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhirv9cvS21qdtfdbo1_400.gif

bankerdawg
07-16-2014, 02:43 PM

Thats the kind of stuff you come up with when you're butt hurt and trying to make that ass feel better. Thats absolutely the dumbest stuff I have ever seen posted but that is typical of bear bruiser.

BeastMan
07-16-2014, 02:44 PM

We can agree to disagree. I think he's a complete homer and argues everything through a homer lens but I don't think he's a moron. I don't know if he's a douche b/c I don't know him. Everyone is free to their opinion though.

War Machine Dawg
07-16-2014, 03:03 PM

One of the few times Goat and I will ever agree. But he nailed it with this.

BulldogBear
07-16-2014, 03:14 PM
One of the few times Goat and I will ever agree. But he nailed it with this.

+660000

Goat Holder
07-16-2014, 03:16 PM
Where do injuries factor into this dildo's BS? I guess he'll say "Every team has them" as if every team doesn't have luck (good or bad). Injuries happen, but it's not equal across the board. I guess if SPED posters keep saying that he's reasonable, one day it'll come true.

And if I hear one more talking head say we were lucky to win the Egg my head will explode. Then they turn around and say how important a QB is, completely ignoring that we used our #3 against ole miss.

BulldogBear
07-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Can't see it (use link). DHS filter won't let me. Have to wait till I get home.

DudyDawg
07-16-2014, 03:35 PM
Can't see it (use link). DHS filter won't let me. Have to wait till I get home.

I'll give you a synopsis. We got worse due to his "adjustment"

Goat Holder
07-16-2014, 03:44 PM
I'll give you a synopsis. We got worse due to his "adjustment"

If he had ever given us credit for anything, I might say he's objective. But he hasn't, since the inception. He's worse than a homer, because he tries to hide behind 'objectivity'. He's a hypocrite, and apparently has many fooled. Probably the typical white suburbanite slob.

PMDawg
07-16-2014, 05:51 PM
That's cute how he tried to pass off something phil Steele has been doing for 20 years as his original idea.
Phil Steele called. He wants one of his nine power sets back.

Todd4State
07-16-2014, 06:03 PM
Ironically they are lucky that Dak didn't start in our lucky (according to Bruiser) win over them last year.

BeardoMSU
07-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Yeah those "stats" are pretty pointless. The one point I think he makes later in the thread that does make sense is when he said Croom was 4-0 in close games in '07. Yes we went to a bowl that year, but there wasn't really any progress in the program. We were probably worse that year than we were in '12. Now if that team had an offense, then yeah....but gawddamn, that McCorvy offense was tough to watch.

Dawgfan61
07-16-2014, 08:20 PM
Screw bruiser. I come here because I don't want passive aggressive rebel opinions especially from assholes that cheer when our players (Robert Elliot) get hurt. I hate Bo and kimdashian with a passion, but I would never cheer if they suffered a severe knee injury. **** him and his high horse and I am glad he isn't here.

FanninDawg
07-16-2014, 08:41 PM
If I wanted to read Bruiser, I'd go to NAFOOM. Please delete thread, lock thread, delete link in this thread. ED has enough problems with Bear trolls, if people want to read Bruiser, they know where to look. I almost responded to and lost a good friend today when I heard something that was not meant for bulldog ears.

BulldogBear
07-16-2014, 10:20 PM
The thing is... isn't a good record in close games supposed to be a GOOD sign!!?? I've always heard and subscribed to the idea that if a team is winning the close ones that is a sign of a good team not a bad one. In general, I mean, without too much overanalysis. Losing the close ones is a bad sign. Winning them is a good one.

Todd4State
07-16-2014, 11:06 PM
The thing is... isn't a good record in close games supposed to be a GOOD sign!!?? I've always heard and subscribed to the idea that if a team is winning the close ones that is a sign of a good team not a bad one. In general, I mean, without too much overanalysis. Losing the close ones is a bad sign. Winning them is a good one.

Yes. Bruiser is trying to make it either you win big or if it's close and you win, you're just lucky. It isn't that cut and dried.