PDA

View Full Version : Memphis Tiger Basketball

C222
07-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Pastner is about to hire Keelon Lawson to his staff who is the father of three 4/5* recruits. This is after Lawson came out and said that he wanted to be an assistant coach at the D1 level and whoever hires him will get his 3 sons. Dedric Lawson (ranked 5th in 2016) will probably be in the NBA. We just need to hire Horatio and get it over with.

Dawg61
07-16-2014, 01:53 PM
Pastner is about to hire Keelon Lawson to his staff who is the father of three 4/5* recruits. This is after Lawson came out and said that he wanted to be an assistant coach at the D1 level and whoever hires him will get his 3 sons. Dedric Lawson (ranked 5th in 2016) will probably be in the NBA. We just need to hire Horatio and get it over with.

For HC or Assistant?**

Ifyouonlyknew
07-16-2014, 02:02 PM
The oldest son was already committed to Memphis but it basically locks up his 2 younger brothers. Also the dad has been a HS coach in Memphis for years he has won a state title.

C222
07-16-2014, 02:16 PM
The oldest son was already committed to Memphis but it basically locks up his 2 younger brothers. Also the dad has been a HS coach in Memphis for years he has won a state title.

Yeah, just thought it was ballsy to come out and say "hire me and you'll get my kids."

Also, the family was about to move to Florida so they could finish their HS careers there, so it wasn't a lock KJ or the rest of the kids would go to Memphis.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-16-2014, 02:23 PM
Yeah, just thought it was ballsy to come out and say "hire me and you'll get my kids."

Also, the family was about to move to Florida so they could finish their HS careers there, so it wasn't a lock KJ or the rest of the kids would go to Memphis.

Yea I saw that too. I wonder if the moving story was just another tactic to make sure Pastner offered him the job. 1st he comes out & says whoever hires me will get my kids. Then he says he's moving to Florida & my son may decommit if we do. Sound like he was putting the screws to Pastner to make sure the job was his.

Madisonmd
07-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Hiring to sign basketball players has always gone on in college, just the nature of the business

msstate7
07-16-2014, 02:28 PM
I wonder how much the head coach will have to put up with the assistant in cases like this.

Assistant -- " chew me out again and I'm leaving along with my sons..."

Irondawg
07-16-2014, 02:44 PM
yeah that does get dicey and how does that not fall under NCAA improper benefits. Granted he's technically qualified for the job and all and the NCAA basically has said they don't care about basketball recruiting.

Martianlander
07-16-2014, 02:49 PM
When you do things for the wrong reasons they usually turn out wrong.

Homedawg
07-16-2014, 03:01 PM
When you do things for the wrong reasons they usually turn out wrong.

Maybe, but turned out ok for Larry brown w Danny manning.

Martianlander
07-16-2014, 03:07 PM
Maybe, but turned out ok for Larry brown w Danny manning.

Yes, it did. That's why I said usually.

Maroonthirteen
07-16-2014, 03:08 PM
Some people hate soccer...........i hate Memphis Tiger basketball. CAN'T STAND THEM! Lose Tigers Lose!