PDA

View Full Version : Could Slive hook his wagon on Dak??

Hattdawg
07-16-2014, 10:58 AM
What I mean, is when there is so much hype starting to pour out for a particular player that has so much like-ability, not a thug and a good role model; could we see Slive pushing to brand the SEC with "this is the type of players we have playing in the SEC"?? After JFF, the SEC could use a guy like this.

TheRef
07-16-2014, 11:05 AM
What I mean, is when there is so much hype starting to pour out for a particular player that has so much like-ability, not a thug and a good role model; could we see Slive pushing to brand the SEC with "this is the type of players we have playing in the SEC"?? After JFF, the SEC could use a guy like this.

Like someone said earlier, JFF is the antithesis of Dak.

starkvegasdawg
07-16-2014, 11:11 AM
If Slive starts to like him maybe we get games called more fairly now. He's got to protect a conference Heisman potential after all. And if we start to win some games and show ourselves to be in contention for something other than the Music City or Liberty Bowl...we may even get a call in our favor. I get goosebumps at the thought.

LC Dawg
07-16-2014, 11:50 AM

The first step would be for Slive to acknowledge that Mississippi State is a member of the SEC. He probably won't do this so the next step would be for him to waive all transfer rules and tell Saban that Dak has been traded to Bama.

Msujd164
07-16-2014, 12:24 PM
I did read an article that said Slive seeked out Dak and was first person to talk to him. "Hi I'm mike Slive I work for the SEC" I believe is what he said"

Goat Holder
07-16-2014, 12:36 PM
I think if you look deep enough, Slive himself is not and never has been against us. It's the other member schools that do all the bitching and moaning.

LC Dawg
07-16-2014, 12:57 PM
I think if you look deep enough, Slive himself is not and never has been against us. It's the other member schools that do all the bitching and moaning.

I'll admit that my dislike of Slive is a little over the top but the Cam Newton situation pissed me off. I understand him not doing anything to Auburn and letting Cam play because in the end it benefited the SEC and that's his job. What pissed me off is that during the process he chastised us which was uncalled for because we did nothing wrong.