PDA

View Full Version : SEC Rule Changes

TheRef
07-16-2014, 10:30 AM
http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/07/16/sec-rule-changes-incoming/

I broke down the new rule changes and what I think they mean by each rule change.

thf24
07-16-2014, 10:55 AM
I think that "passing posture" rule will be the hot debate of this year. To me, that could be interpreted as the time from when the ball is snapped all the way to the point when he tucks it to run. You could even define scrambling behind the line and looking downfield with the ball still held high as "passing posture."

TheRef
07-16-2014, 10:57 AM
I think that "passing posture" rule will be the hot debate of this year. To me, that could be interpreted as the time from when the ball is snapped all the way to the point when he tucks it to run. You could even define scrambling behind the line and looking downfield with the ball still held high as "passing posture."

Yeah. I hope they refine the "passing posture"

Dawg61
07-16-2014, 11:00 AM
Every team gets one game with an 8 man crew? Wtf. Why not every game for every team? That's weird. Uniform penalty is harsh too. Losing 4 timeouts per game. Ouch

TheRef
07-16-2014, 11:03 AM
Every team gets one game with an 8 man crew? Wtf. Why not every game for every team? That's weird. Uniform penalty is harsh too. Losing 4 timeouts per game. Ouch

Experimental year. Just like last year we only had one crew with the communication headsets.

BulldogBear
07-16-2014, 01:18 PM
Is there a typo? If numbers aren't allowed to contrast they are going to be very difficult to read even from 100 feet away

dickiedawg
07-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Yes, typo. And the way I would interpret the "passing posture" rule, it would seem to be as long as he's in the pocket. Basically a "Don't hit him high or low UNLESS he's trying to run the ball"

TheRef
07-16-2014, 02:14 PM
Is there a typo? If numbers aren't allowed to contrast they are going to be very difficult to read even from 100 feet away

Sorry about that. I'll fix it. Thanks for that.