PDA

View Full Version : My monthly "I f**king hate Auburn" thread

Lloyd Christmas
07-16-2014, 12:16 AM
IF we win this year I am going to troll the shit out of their board. LINK (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=12990763).

preachermatt83
07-16-2014, 12:23 AM
You need to bookmark that thread and then when we beat them keep posting in it over and over for like two weeks to keep it at the top of the page.

Statefan
07-16-2014, 12:23 AM
Any Auburn fan you talk to makes it seem like they steamroll us 52-0 every single year

THE DAK KNIGHT
07-16-2014, 12:25 AM
IF we win this year I am going to troll the shit out of their board. LINK (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=12990763).

Hey dude trolling message boards is not cool! get a life

hailmari
07-16-2014, 12:42 AM
They're definitely not the nicest clan of people I've ever had experiences with.

messageboardsuperhero
07-16-2014, 12:46 AM
I wonder if those people realize that we have come extremely close to beating them every year since Mullen took over (outside of 2009)? Frankly, Auburn is pretty lucky Mullen doesn't have a winning record against them.

We just need to start beating teams like Auburn and A&M on a semi-regular basis- that's the only way to get their respect. There are still so many close losses that bug me in the Mullen era to the high quality teams. Off the top of my head: LSU and Houston in '09, Auburn and Arkansas in '10, Auburn and USCe in '11, Auburn in '13, etc. You'd think the law of averages has to favor us at some point?

Auburn fans do bug the shit out of me though...

Dawg61
07-16-2014, 01:41 AM
Haha Auburn choked away a 21-3 lead on FSU. Absolutely choked a NC away. That has got to sting. Cheated for one with Cam and then shit the bed vs FSU last year. Fu@k Auburn we are going to stomp another hole in their ass. Their QB can't throw for shit and he might get suspended for being a fu@k up anyways. Run left, run right, run left, run right. Yea we got the playbook now Malzahn.

BeardoMSU
07-16-2014, 01:44 AM
Hey dude trolling message boards is not cool! get a life

http://www.underthegunreview.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/tumblr_mudcti3tNR1rncnlro1_500.gif

BulldogBear
07-16-2014, 09:32 AM
I'm not worried about it. I've said it before. They are the most overrated SEC team coming into the 2014 season. They aren't bad but last year's run was a bit flukish. You got to play defense to be a consistent winner in this conference anyway. On a side note, that last statement is why TAMU will struggle to reach bowl eligibility this year. They will finish last in the West.

thf24
07-16-2014, 09:52 AM
This is going to sound real homer, but if our defense is as good as we think it is, I think we'll beat them convincingly at home. I know this is cliche to say about any spread option offense, but I think Malzahn's current iteration will have been thoroughly figured out by the time we play them. The main reason is that there is little to no "read" in their zone read. Towards the end of last year, multiple times I saw Marshall keep the ball with zero hesitation during the exchange and run straight into the "keyed" DE who had stayed home all the way. That tells me that every "option" play is predetermined because Marshall isn't capable of making the right reads, and Malzahn just relied on the confusion and misdirection of so much going on in the backfield for production. That combined with the loss of multiple key pieces from last year's offense makes me think they will be far less productive unless Marshall has gotten significantly better passing or making option reads.

maroonmania
07-16-2014, 10:07 AM
This is going to sound real homer, but if our defense is as good as we think it is, I think we'll beat them convincingly at home. I know this is cliche to say about any spread option offense, but I think Malzahn's current iteration will have been thoroughly figured out by the time we play them. The main reason is that there is little to no "read" in their zone read. Towards the end of last year, multiple times I saw Marshall keep the ball with zero hesitation during the exchange and run straight into the "keyed" DE who had stayed home all the way. That tells me that every "option" play is predetermined because Marshall isn't capable of making the right reads, and Malzahn just relied on the confusion and misdirection of so much going on in the backfield for production. That combined with the loss of multiple key pieces from last year's offense makes me think they will be far less productive unless Marshall has gotten significantly better passing or making option reads.

Auburn is going to be very good this year, maybe as good or better than they were last year although I don't expect them to have as good of a record. I would take a 1 point win over any of Auburn, Alabama or LSU and be ecstatic over it.

DudyDawg
07-16-2014, 10:09 AM
I'm surprised at how the Auburn people act on message boards and how a lot of y'all feel about them. I've only been to Auburn once (last year), and they all welcomed us with open arms. They seemed pretty much as close to being like MSU as any school I've been to. Then again, we were with Auburn fans who were family of my buddy, so maybe I didn't see the hostility from them that they usually show. Are they that bad?

TrapGame
07-16-2014, 10:44 AM
After reading that thread I hope we skull drag them for four quarters. Pompous, cheating bastards.

FISHDAWG
07-16-2014, 10:51 AM
I'm surprised at how the Auburn people act on message boards and how a lot of y'all feel about them. I've only been to Auburn once (last year), and they all welcomed us with open arms. They seemed pretty much as close to being like MSU as any school I've been to. Then again, we were with Auburn fans who were family of my buddy, so maybe I didn't see the hostility from them that they usually show. Are they that bad?

I have made most of our games there ... as a whole they aren't bad, but then there are the message board types and these are the guys you just read about .... now bammer fans are a little different, maybe due to having a larger sidewalk contingency

dickiedawg
07-16-2014, 11:00 AM
Are they that bad?

My wife's family includes a bunch of Auburn fans and they live in Alabama. I'd rather spend a week with some Auburn fans than an hour with some Alabama fans. Alabama fans are, and I'm sure there are a few exceptions, terrible human beings.

ETA: Meant to include this, but my opinion has changed somewhat after the whole Cam Newton thing. I wish they could go 2-10 every year with wins over Ole Miss and Alabama.

Coach34
07-16-2014, 11:07 AM
When we beat Auburn- this is going to be me over in the new end zone seats:

https://vine.co/v/MtIhzLU7m09