PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Peters

RossDawg82
07-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Makes #2 on the Dandy Dozen list. No surprise there. He needs to go ahead and come to state

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 11:47 AM
Those who know, what are our odds as things stand TODAY of him committing.

Not him committing today, just where our odds stand right now

TUSK
07-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Those who know, what are our odds as things stand TODAY of him committing.

Not him committing today, just where our odds stand right now

I know he's got bammer in the lead and he dug his lsu visit.

Saban has a hardon for DBS like this one.

NBdawg17
07-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Heavy lean our way. I wouldn't be surprised if he commits at BDC.

FISHDAWG
07-15-2014, 12:00 PM

from 24/7 - has us in the lead and well ahead of bama but bottom line is you and nobody here knows ... probably a NSD thing

msstate7
07-15-2014, 12:04 PM

After we skull drag y'all this year, he'll be a bulldog

BeastMan
07-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Peters has changed his leader about a thousand times and flipped his top 3 continuously. The one constant is MSU at 1 or 2 and no other team can say that. I like where MSU stands...

RealHastings
07-15-2014, 12:05 PM
He has Bama as his leader but don't be surprised if he names us his new leader after BDC. That's just Jamal for you. Take everything he says with a grain of salt. His leader will likely change multiple times before NSD but I think he ends up in Starkville when its all said and done.

Big4Dawg
07-15-2014, 12:14 PM
he's been blowing up about state on twitter.

Jamal Peters @JamalPeters21 ? Jul 13
I'm so ready to get up there ! MS State Big Dawg Camp

Jamal Peters @JamalPeters21 ? Jul 13
Big Dawg Camp Gone Be Live

Jamal Peters @JamalPeters21 ? Jul 12
MS State Big Dawg Camp can't get here Fast Enough

Jamal Peters @JamalPeters21 ? Jul 11
July 18 can't get here Fast Enough MS state Big Dawg Camp

Jamal Peters @JamalPeters21 ? Jul 11
I'm ready to go Visit Mississippi State

You get the message.

TUSK
07-15-2014, 12:18 PM
After we skull drag y'all this year, he'll be a bulldog

I smell a sig bet! My C34 sig is dated.

msstate7
07-15-2014, 12:27 PM
I smell a sig bet! My C34 sig is dated.

Let's wait a ill closer to game. #notsureaboutinjuries

MarketingBully01
07-15-2014, 12:53 PM
Bama is not his leader. We have been his leader for quite some time.

preachermatt83
07-15-2014, 01:12 PM
He will be a Dawg... Mark it down. He is just enjoying the process. People in Bassfield know where hes going. Mancuso has let it slip a few times that it would surprise him for peters to go anywhere other than state.

ShotgunDawg
07-15-2014, 01:27 PM
There is talk that he may commit to us this weekend. Current commits have told Rosebowl that he is "talking good"

TUSK
07-15-2014, 03:05 PM

You're right. My info is over a week old.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/alabama_leads_for_top_mississi.html

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Jamal is all maroon. Done.

Big4Dawg
07-15-2014, 04:07 PM
Peters will be taking his show on the road this weekend as he makes a return trip to Starkville to take part in Mississippi State's Big Dawg camp.

"I am looking forward to getting back up there, because it's been a while," said Peters. "My mama is coming with me and she is looking forward to the visit.

"I am excited about it and I am looking forward to the camp."

The four star safety reports that the Bulldogs' recruiting efforts are being aided by several of the state's top players.

"I talk with a lot of the Mississippi State commitments and they all want me to come up there and play with them," said Peters. "I have never had anybody treat me like that and it's an honor that a lot of the top players want me to come and play with them.

"I wouldn't mind playing with any of those guys.

"I know a lot of them are going to be in the Dandy Dozen too.

"I want to go somewhere that really wants me and it helps that these other guys in the Dandy Dozen want to play with me."

Peters has never set a firm time frame for a decision, but he reports that there is a possibility he reaches a decision in the near future.

"I have been going slow and just taking my time with everything," said Peters. "It's probably going to happen pretty soon though."

You're right Tusk, ya'll lead.

Sounds like it's going to happen this weekend.

defiantdog
07-15-2014, 04:46 PM
I think he said Alabama is #1 because he wants them to start recruiting him harder. Only problem is, he's not going to be DB in college. He's going to play OLB and he's going to play early at State. He knows this and that is why we stay in his top 2 week after week. If Spivey pulls the trigger and commits at Big Dawg Camp.... expect some added pressure for Peters to follow. Hopefully, Adams will follow suit and they can all encourage Lewis to flip from Bama. Wishful thinking though lol

smootness
07-15-2014, 05:44 PM

This. And if we get Peters, Dear, and Adams to go with Farrod Green, you can rest assured we have a great shot with Lewis.

FISHDAWG
07-15-2014, 06:23 PM
[QUOTE=TUSK;211930]You're right. My info is over a week old.

says an Alabama paper ..... not according to this link -
http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Jamal-Peters-at-Bassfield-51244/CurrentExpertPredictions

TUSK
07-15-2014, 06:29 PM
I think he said Alabama is #1 because he wants them to start recruiting him harder. Only problem is, he's not going to be DB in college. He's going to play OLB and he's going to play early at State. He knows this and that is why we stay in his top 2 week after week. If Spivey pulls the trigger and commits at Big Dawg Camp.... expect some added pressure for Peters to follow. Hopefully, Adams will follow suit and they can all encourage Lewis to flip from Bama. Wishful thinking though lol

Solid post, D-Dog... I honestly have zero clue where Peters is going to school. I just have a list of targets and MS has 2 on that list this year; so I surf for info from time to time. Heck he could be doing the ole "hat fake" on Bammer, for all I know...

I'd guess Bama is tryin' to sell him on being Landon Collins replacement at safety; so if he wants to play OLB, MSU is a lock unless he's willing to RS or play ST for a year.

I heard on the radio today that MSU may be his mom's fav. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/07/15/peters-mom-really-likes-mississippi-state/12679753/

Regardless, he looks like a freakin' stud....

The latest articles "quoting" him:

Clarion Ledger: http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/07/15/analysis-why-jamal-peters-was-named-dandy-dozen/12676989/

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/07/01/jamal-peters-releases-top-5/11912791/

Geaux247: http://lsu.247sports.com/Bolt/Jamal-Peters-Names-Top-5-29419595

Big4Dawg
07-15-2014, 06:49 PM
Solid post, D-Dog... I honestly have zero clue where Peters is going to school. I just have a list of targets and MS has 2 on that list this year; so I surf for info from time to time. Heck he could be doing the ole "hat fake" on Bammer, for all I know...

I'd guess Bama is tryin' to sell him on being Landon Collins replacement at safety; so if he wants to play OLB, MSU is a lock unless he's willing to RS or play ST for a year.

I heard on the radio today that MSU may be his mom's fav. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/07/15/peters-mom-really-likes-mississippi-state/12679753/

Regardless, he looks like a freakin' stud....

The latest articles "quoting" him:

Clarion Ledger: http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/07/15/analysis-why-jamal-peters-was-named-dandy-dozen/12676989/

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/07/01/jamal-peters-releases-top-5/11912791/

Geaux247: http://lsu.247sports.com/Bolt/Jamal-Peters-Names-Top-5-29419595

http://mississippistate.scout.com/story/1421370-peters-feeling-the-love?s=136

Peters will be taking his show on the road this weekend as he makes a return trip to Starkville to take part in Mississippi State's Big Dawg camp.

"I am looking forward to getting back up there, because it's been a while," said Peters. "My mama is coming with me and she is looking forward to the visit.

"I am excited about it and I am looking forward to the camp."

The four star safety reports that the Bulldogs' recruiting efforts are being aided by several of the state's top players.

"I talk with a lot of the Mississippi State commitments and they all want me to come up there and play with them," said Peters. "I have never had anybody treat me like that and it's an honor that a lot of the top players want me to come and play with them.

"I wouldn't mind playing with any of those guys.

"I know a lot of them are going to be in the Dandy Dozen too.

"I want to go somewhere that really wants me and it helps that these other guys in the Dandy Dozen want to play with me."

Peters has never set a firm time frame for a decision, but he reports that there is a possibility he reaches a decision in the near future.

"I have been going slow and just taking my time with everything," said Peters. "It's probably going to happen pretty soon though."

breazy
07-15-2014, 06:51 PM
cant read that Big4Dawg, that's must be members only content.

Big4Dawg
07-15-2014, 06:56 PM
I posted some of it on page 1

TUSK
07-15-2014, 07:23 PM
yeah, I'm strugglin' too... copy/paste an option for a Tuskasaurus?

Saltydog
07-15-2014, 07:26 PM
loves MSU though........

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/07/15/peters-mom-really-likes-mississippi-state/12679753/

TUSK
07-15-2014, 07:38 PM
loves MSU though........

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/recruitingreport/2014/07/15/peters-mom-really-likes-mississippi-state/12679753/

I thought I linked that one too... I suck at posting.

MarketingBully01
07-15-2014, 11:38 PM
I thought I linked that one too... I suck at posting.

He isn't going to Alabama and is going to MSU so what does it matter what he is saying at the moment. Everyone who is in the know says he is a dog. When we have a bad ass season this year, it will only strengthen his position for MSU. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if he commits to us this weekend or at the very least names us as his leader. Odds are good we will get Leo as well. You can quote all the papers you want but after this weekend we will lead for Peters and will sign him.

MSUMatt
07-16-2014, 03:02 PM
Makes #2 on the Dandy Dozen list. No surprise there. He needs to go ahead and come to state

But the Bassfield coaches seem to think it comes down to us or usm.

CadaverDawg
07-16-2014, 03:09 PM
But the Bassfield coaches seem to think it comes down to us or usm.

Is this a joke? No *'s

MSUMatt
07-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Is this a joke? No *'s

Nope. Not at all. From mancusso and a couple of his staff members. Said his mom don't want him too far from home and thought it was a USM/State battle.

thf24
07-16-2014, 03:18 PM
If it's really between us and USM now, should be just us come September when we goose egg them.

jumbo
07-16-2014, 03:37 PM
when, not if with Peters.

defiantdog
07-16-2014, 09:45 PM
He isn't going to Alabama and is going to MSU so what does it matter what he is saying at the moment. Everyone who is in the know says he is a dog. When we have a bad ass season this year, it will only strengthen his position for MSU. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if he commits to us this weekend or at the very least names us as his leader. Odds are good we will get Leo as well. You can quote all the papers you want but after this weekend we will lead for Peters and will sign him.

I wouldn't say he's a lock and Lewis seems pretty secure in the hype of Alabama. Unfortunately, saban doesn't lose commits and that sucks for us. Mullen needs to win over mamma this weekend to pull Peters. He also needs to get every one of Lewis's friends to commit to State to have a chance.

Coach66
07-16-2014, 09:49 PM
The only thing that concerns me on Spivey is that he is great
Friends with Peters and he is from Bay Springs.

TUSK
07-16-2014, 09:55 PM

Odds are good we will get Leo as well

please define "good odds" and attach a $ to them.

MarketingBully01
07-16-2014, 10:29 PM
Odds are good we will get Leo as well

please define "good odds" and attach a $ to them.

Whatever, why come on an opposing fan's board and state you are going to take our top recruits from our state? It's a very long time until February. We will get Peters (maybe even this weekend) and may pull Lewis. It's a long time until signing day either way...