PDA

View Full Version : Perk getting respect from BR

TheRef
07-14-2014, 11:28 PM
Bleacher Report did an article of 6 dark-horse candidates (seems to be the trend around MSU) to make the Packers 53-man roster. Pretty good explanation too.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2118302-6-dark-horse-candidates-to-make-the-green-bay-packers-final-53-man-roster/page/3

Irondawg
07-14-2014, 11:40 PM
The fact that he's an excellent pass catcher in that offense should help as well. I think he's a good candidate to at least make the practice squad on that team and with a good preseason game or two if he doesn't make the packers he could be picked up by another team that has RB depth issue as there were surely be some injuries in the preseason

hailmari
07-14-2014, 11:53 PM
I was pumped when GB picked him up. Perk can be worked into that offense easily.. Especially since James Starks can't seem to stay healthy (which is a shame because he has proven to be a beast when he is).

War Machine Dawg
07-15-2014, 12:14 AM
Noticed they had him as a candidate to return kicks and punts. Apparently they didn't watch much of his game film. Love Perk, but he doesn't have the shiftiness you need to be a successful return guy. His speed is straight line. But they're spot on about his speed possibly making him a true change of back back from Lacey. Really hope he makes the squad.

Reason2succeed
07-15-2014, 02:19 AM
How odd is that the player they predict Perk will be competing for the RB roster spot is none other than Rajion Neal, another Mullen commit that defected to TN? Mullen can evaluate talent if nothing else. I wish we could get more to stick and not de-commit but I understand the philosophy that we don't want to oversell either. We've seen what happens when a player is deceived in the recruiting process. They usually end up as a highly rated dud whose value ends on NSD.

thf24
07-15-2014, 07:19 AM
The fact that he's an excellent pass catcher in that offense should help as well.

Also above average in pass protection. I think he makes it for these two reasons.

Political Hack
07-15-2014, 07:56 AM
he can run, he can catch, he can block, and he's a great locker room guy. He's a great utility guy. I've always thought he'd be an awesome special teams/#2 3rd down back/back up RB type in the league. His top end speed won't allow him to be a starter, but he could definitely get major reps with teams that like to rotate 3-4 backs.

Tbonewannabe
07-15-2014, 07:58 AM
he can run, he can catch, he can block, and he's a great locker room guy. He's a great utility guy. I've always thought he'd be an awesome special teams/#2 3rd down back/back up RB type in the league. His top end speed won't allow him to be a starter, but he could definitely get major reps with teams that like to rotate 3-4 backs.

Didn't he run one of the fastest 40s for a RB at the combine?

Political Hack
07-15-2014, 08:02 AM
Didn't he run one of the fastest 40s for a RB at the combine?

He did I believe, but his game speed doesn't match his 40 time. He's not a "breakaway" kind of back. He's more of a dink and dunk type. I think he could be a stud with the Pats, or in a similar system.