PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Dixon news (small)

Dawg61
07-14-2014, 03:04 PM
WGR 550 Buffalo's Joe Buscaglia suggests Fred Jackson could lose snaps this season to Bryce Brown and Anthony Dixon.
We see Dixon more as a special teamer, but the Bills gave up significant compensation for Brown (a conditional fourth-round pick that could improve to a third-rounder), and will probably want to carve out a role for him. While Jackson should remain heavily involved due to his pass-protection prowess, his touches are a virtual lock to sink. Jackson will be 33 1/2 years old in Week 1.

According to the Bills' official website, C.J. Spiller is likely to touch the ball 20 times per game "if the offense is operating at peak efficiency."
The site calls Spiller the "bell cow" in a quartet also involving Fred Jackson, Bryce Brown and Anthony Dixon. It's an optimistic projection, and one hard to take too seriously after the Bills claimed Spiller would be fed "till he pukes" last season. He ended up averaging just 15.6 touches per game, playing through a sprained ankle and being used between the tackles far too often. A healthy Spiller is exciting and he'll bring plenty of upside, but it's unlikely the coaches see him as a workhorse. We're thinking something around 15-18 touches per game.

I'd love it if the Bills could make the playoffs and Dixon has a significant contribution to that. He is one tough sumbitch.

MSUDawg4Life
07-14-2014, 03:20 PM
It's hard to see how they are going to spread the ball among four guys. I hope Dixon gets his chance though.

TheRef
07-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Dixon in the goal-line heavy package?

Dawg61
07-14-2014, 03:25 PM

I would think so. 49ers trusted him with that assignment.

Smitty
07-14-2014, 03:41 PM
I have a hard time seeing anyone over Bryce Brown on the goal line. He is a freak.

BeardoMSU
07-14-2014, 03:44 PM

Even though I was pulling for Seattle, I was glad to see Boobie get a touch.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/834419054.gif