PDA

View Full Version : THE SOCCER VERDICT IS IN

I seen it dawg
07-14-2014, 11:49 AM
We have reached a resolution. There will be no appeal and any arguing on one side or the other is futile and will be disregarded. The EPL soccer thread in question can stay on the main page. I think with the way the World Cup thread went as far as most all of the soccer posts staying in one thread it seemed to work and not clutter the board. I expect the EPL thread to stay the same way. Those of you who are absolutely against soccer and soccer threads should just ignore them. It is by far the simplest way to handle it and will be the expectation. Soccer folks talking soccer stay in soccer thread...soccer hating folks hating soccer ignore soccer thread.

I hate soccer just as much as anyone but I also hate the NBA and Nascar...that being said I ignore them and move on down the road to something that does pique my interest. I hope everybody else takes sort of the same attitude on the board. Not everybody can be happy and some may leave but our job is for the betterment of the entire board. Hopefully this clears things up and this can be laid to rest.

And I would suggest refraining from any celebratory dog piles if anyone on either side chooses to do so....

FISHDAWG
07-14-2014, 11:51 AM
everybody wins ... well maybe not 1 guy but you get the idea

DudyDawg
07-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Glad we came to this conclusion, and as someone who will be very active in the soccer thread, it will definitely be kept to one thread to keep this as MSU- focused as we can. Thanks for allowing us the chance to do our thing.

RC3
07-14-2014, 11:58 AM
I applaud the decision as well. Didn't have a dog in the fight but thought it was silly for someone to complain when all they have to do is not click a link. I don't like the banner advertisement at the top of the board, so I just don't click on it on purpose. Pretty simple and I wodnt expect the board mods to remove it. Proper decision was made on this one.

Dawg61
07-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Thanks I seen it dawg

BeastMan
07-14-2014, 12:13 PM
It's crazy this even has to be stated. It's common sense to me

preachermatt83
07-14-2014, 12:22 PM
nice call

thf24
07-14-2014, 12:26 PM
I liked the idea of a separate pro sports sub-forum; seemed like a good way to take care of this issue plus the Grizz/Barves/Cardinals threads some people were complaining about. But this is just as well, since I doubt most people give a shit what's on the main board as long as it's not hard for them to find the topics they're looking for.

WeWonItAll(Most)
07-14-2014, 12:29 PM
Considering every other sports thread is on this board and not the BS board, I never understood why there was even a debate about it..thanks for making the right decision though.

War Machine Dawg
07-14-2014, 12:54 PM
It's over move on.

curmudgeon
07-14-2014, 01:00 PM
I don't understand why the pro-soccer crowd acts the way they do toward the anti-soccer crowd.

I made my case in public and in private with several posters. I defended it and I stand by it. I feel like my argument was heard and examined and I feel like the powers that be felt it had merit. But I also respect the decision of the board admins to allow this. You will not hear a peep from me in that thread.

Its over from my side.

gtowndawg
07-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Go Everton!

DudyDawg
07-14-2014, 01:15 PM
It's over move on.

FISHDAWG
07-14-2014, 01:16 PM
+1

Curmudgeon's hissy was ridiculous. Don't understand why the non-soccer crowd feels the need to antagonize the pro-soccer crowd. I don't particularly care for hoops or tennis, but I don't go around antagonizing those who do enjoy them. Seems to only happen with soccer. It shouldn't be that hard to look at the title of a thread, think "that interests me" or "that doesn't interest me," then click or not click.

Of course, I also suspect much of Curmudgeon's ridiculousness was to get attention, and he got that. But at the end of the day, common sense prevailed, as it should have.

how does the old cliche go ... something about any publicity even bad = good publicity

sandwolf
07-14-2014, 01:21 PM
how does the old cliche go ... something about any publicity even bad = good publicity

I think it is something along the lines of, 'The only bad publicity is no publicity.'

BulldogDX55
07-14-2014, 01:25 PM
I liked the idea of a separate pro sports sub-forum; seemed like a good way to take care of this issue plus the Grizz/Barves/Cardinals threads some people were complaining about. But this is just as well, since I doubt most people give a shit what's on the main board as long as it's not hard for them to find the topics they're looking for.

All I'd ask is that they be labeled as such. Whenever msstate7 or someone like him posts something about a player with nothing in the title indicating it is a Braves thing, I click it and get disappointed that it isn't something like recruiting news on a prospect I've never heard of.

CadaverDawg
07-14-2014, 01:27 PM
http://thewifehatessports.com/wp-content/gallery/soccer/usa-soccer-dogpile-after-game-winning-goal-over-algeria.jpg

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/259125/asterisk-706650.jpghttp://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/259125/asterisk-706650.jpghttp://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/259125/asterisk-706650.jpg

dawgs
07-14-2014, 01:47 PM
It's really ****ing pathetic this has to be said. It's one thing to say you don't like a sport, it's another to call fans of a sport all a bunch of commie hitler-loving pussies that won't care about a sport in another week. I don't post in nascar or really nba threads because I don't like them, but I also don't go in there telling everyone what kinda person they are for liking said sport.

The Internet - where grown ass men turn into 10 year olds.

dawgs
07-14-2014, 01:52 PM
Also this is a message board. I know the common thread amongst all of us is msu, but we all have our own other interests too, whether is golf, soccer, real estate, cooking, music, whatever. I prefer everything to be on one board, if the thread title sounds interesting I'll click it, if not, I'll scroll right by it and it took a millisecond of my life to scroll by it. But part of what's interesting in a MB, regardless of the common thread that brought everyone together, is the random shit you stumble into sometimes. To limit the main board to msu specific only threads really takes away from the board IMO. So you click on a thread that's not what you though...congrats, the back button is probably in the top left corner of your browser. If that's the only 2 seconds of your life you wasted today, you are still better off than literally pretty much every single person on earth.

DudyDawg
07-14-2014, 01:55 PM
It's really ****ing pathetic this has to be said. It's one thing to say you don't like a sport, it's another to call fans of a sport all a bunch of commie hitler-loving pussies that won't care about a sport in another week. I don't post in nascar or really nba threads because I don't like them, but I also don't go in there telling everyone what kinda person they are for liking said sport.

The Internet - where grown ass men turn into 10 year olds.

It's over move on.

War Machine Dawg
07-14-2014, 02:09 PM
It's over move on.

Coach34
07-14-2014, 02:20 PM
Because the anti soccer crowd goes out of the way to hate on soccer fans. See: your avatar

I ****ing hate soccer with a passion. But I still voted to allow it on the main board. It's considered a sport by some people- so just keep that shit in one thread. Shouldn't be a problem.

When August hits, there is going to be thousands of football threads to discuss and all this other crap with die off. June and July are slow months for sports. Just get us to the start of practice please

TheRef
07-14-2014, 02:21 PM
I ****ing hate soccer with a passion. But I still voted to allow it on the main board. It's considered a sport by some people- so just keep that shit in one thread. Shouldn't be a problem.

When August hits, there is going to be thousands of football threads to discuss and all this other crap with die off. June Nd July are slow months for sports. Just get us to the start of practice please

Amen to that, Coach. Amen to that.

War Machine Dawg
07-14-2014, 02:26 PM
So now the worst mod is editing the soccer crowd's posts and not editing Curmudgeon's? FAIL.

I seen it dawg
07-14-2014, 02:36 PM
So now the worst mod is editing the soccer crowd's posts and not editing Curmudgeon's? FAIL.

I would have left the posts except they included the posters username. Clearly inflammatory. Why? To get the last word? He didn't use anyone's username in his post, stated his position, and the fact he was moving on. But oh no we got to have the last word and piling on on top of it. Why can't you just move on? It's a dead horse. Act older than a ****ing 6 yr old.

DawgHouseUnited
07-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Maybe I'm missing it, but are the other non-MSU threads under threat as well? The Atlanta Braves threads, Lebron, or the earlier thread about Vince Carter?

In any case, I'll follow the EPL thread whether it's here or on the BS board.

quickstrike2
07-14-2014, 02:48 PM

When August hits, there is going to be thousands of football threads to discuss and all this other crap with die off. June and July are slow months for sports. Just get us to the start of practice please

Exactly. Football season will solve any problems I think. There is just very little to keep up with during this time besides NBA free agency and soccer. I can't imagine soccer will be heavily kept up with come August, but if it is, there is a thread for it.

dawgs
07-14-2014, 02:53 PM
It's over move on.

I've never tried to do anything but have discussions on here with msu fans that have similar interests.

DudyDawg
07-14-2014, 04:04 PM
I've never tried to do anything but have discussions on here with msu fans that have similar interests.

I'm not sure if thats directed at me saying that I'm not, but my message wasn't "its over move on". It was edited by I seen it. I am one of the people basically running the soccer threads. So I'm not sure what you mean.

dawgs
07-14-2014, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure if thats directed at me saying that I'm not, but my message wasn't "its over move on". It was edited by I seen it. I am one of the people basically running the soccer threads. So I'm not sure what you mean.

I was responding to the edit I guess.

DudyDawg
07-14-2014, 04:24 PM
I was responding to the edit I guess.

Oh. All good then