PDA

View Full Version : SEC Media Days

DudyDawg
07-14-2014, 11:48 AM
So, since media days are starting, I figure it's a good idea to have a thread going on what happens.

First thing interesting I saw is from Bob Carskadon, who tweeted: "Lot of bowl talk from Mike Slive. Pecking order changing up. He says conference will determine which bowl teams go to, not bowls deciding"

DudyDawg
07-14-2014, 11:58 AM
@bobcarskadon: Good baseball news: Slive says the SEC Network will carry the SEC baseball tournament. That'll help out a lot.

preachermatt83
07-14-2014, 12:24 PM
So, since media days are starting, I figure it's a good idea to have a thread going on what happens.

First thing interesting I saw is from Bob Carskadon, who tweeted: "Lot of bowl talk from Mike Slive. Pecking order changing up. He says conference will determine which bowl teams go to, not bowls deciding"

I hate this idea

DudyDawg
07-14-2014, 12:26 PM
I'm not sure how i feel about it. I feel like it will help the bigger teams and hurt us.

curmudgeon
07-14-2014, 12:39 PM
I hate this idea

Warning preacher: I'm about to disagree with you.

I LOVE this idea. Every MSU fan should. Here's why. The bowl committees would never pick MSU if given a chance. They proved it over and over again. In '99 we ended up in the Peach Bowl when we should have been in the Cap One Bowl or Outback Bowl at worst. This is before the Peach Bowl was a good bowl. In '98, the Cotton didn't want us and actually tried to circumvent the division champion cannot drop below Cotton or Capital One rule and argue that they wanted Arkansas vs. Texas.

Even a couple years ago, the Gator Bowl had to be forced to take us. I really thought we would end up in the Liberty that year at 8-4. The Gator Bowl did not want us. Slive had to threaten them. Say what you will about the SEC controlling who goes where, but its much better than a handful of bigwigs and media markets deciding between a 9-3 MSU and a 7-5 Georgia. They are going to take Georgia every time. In fact, outside of Vandy and maybe Kentucky, we aren't going to win the hearts of bowl committees.

maroonmania
07-14-2014, 12:48 PM
Warning preacher: I'm about to disagree with you.

I LOVE this idea. Every MSU fan should. Here's why. The bowl committees would never pick MSU if given a chance. They proved it over and over again. In '99 we ended up in the Peach Bowl when we should have been in the Cap One Bowl or Outback Bowl at worst. This is before the Peach Bowl was a good bowl. In '98, the Cotton didn't want us and actually tried to circumvent the division champion cannot drop below Cotton or Capital One rule and argue that they wanted Arkansas vs. Texas.

Even a couple years ago, the Gator Bowl had to be forced to take us. I really thought we would end up in the Liberty that year at 8-4. The Gator Bowl did not want us. Slive had to threaten them. Say what you will about the SEC controlling who goes where, but its much better than a handful of bigwigs and media markets deciding between a 9-3 MSU and a 7-5 Georgia. They are going to take Georgia every time. In fact, outside of Vandy and maybe Kentucky, we aren't going to win the hearts of bowl committees.

Agreed, the SEC is not going to screw over one of their members like a bowl committee would. If 2 teams are both virtually equal in all regards the bowl preference would likely give the nod but I do believe the SEC will slot the bowls by who deserves it.

Bullmutt
07-14-2014, 12:53 PM
Agreed, the SEC is not going to screw over one of their members like a bowl committee would. If 2 teams are both virtually equal in all regards the bowl preference would likely give the nod but I do believe the SEC will slot the bowls by who deserves it.

>>As long as we're not matched against a Bama or LSU team with the same record- even if we beat them that year.

curmudgeon
07-14-2014, 01:01 PM
>>As long as we're not matched against a Bama or LSU team with the same record- even if we beat them that year.

That's the point, we might not win as a 9-3 team against a 9-3 LSU team that we beat. But we were losing as a 9-3 team to a 7-5 LSU team that we beat the other way.

maroonmania
07-14-2014, 01:04 PM

Well, if we don't have the better record over a Bama or LSU type we are getting hosed in either case (SEC office or bowl committee). However, there have been times in the past with the bowl committees where we have gotten hosed even with a better record.

engie
07-14-2014, 01:15 PM
We're going to be fine.

The perception of MSU has changed greatly over the past couple of years in the eyes of the bowls. Especially as teams like Fla can't sell half of their allotment to the Sugar Bowl.

Outside of the second Gator Bowl, which was a perfect storm of circumstance and timing, we've proven we travel to bowls on the same tier as everyone else...

DudyDawg
07-14-2014, 01:19 PM
@bobcarskadon: On ESPNU from SEC Media Days. MSU will be there tomorrow. RT @dblack97: Greg McElroy on Dak Prescott, "I wish I was as talented as he is".

Dak love at media days getting started early

07-15-2014, 07:36 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BslcMUHCYAESg_2.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/HailStateFB/status/489023402829938688

BrunswickDawg
07-15-2014, 07:46 AM
We're going to be fine.
Outside of the second Gator Bowl, which was a perfect storm of circumstance and timing, we've proven we travel to bowls on the same tier as everyone else...
And we still traveled better than Northwestern to that game, and better than most of the SEC teams that year - so it isn't a black mark against our rep

Dawgfan77
07-15-2014, 07:46 AM
Greg McElroy on head to head yesterday picked OM as his dark horse for the west. SMH.

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 11:28 AM
Jesse Palmer picked us as his tho. FWIW, McElroy also said that he wished he had been born with Dak's talent. Also, Dan just spoke. Anyone see what he said?
From Twitter:
"I think there are seven coaches in the SEC West that expect to win our side of the league. and that's not coach talk."

Also saw Paul Finebaum say he thinks we have a shot to win the west. Dak also commented that he believes we have the best defense in the entire SEC.

Doesn't feel like lil ole MSU media days from the limited stuff I've seen

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 11:34 AM
Jesse Palmer picked us as his tho. FWIW, McElroy also said that he wished he had been born with Dak's talent. Also, Dan just spoke. Anyone see what he said?
From Twitter:
"I think there are seven coaches in the SEC West that expect to win our side of the league. and that's not coach talk."

Also saw Paul Finebaum say he thinks we have a shot to win the west. Dak also commented that he believes we have the best defense in the entire SEC.

Doesn't feel like lil ole MSU media days from the limited stuff I've seen

Yea, I saw it...he was pretty good. Mentioned 4 out of 5, that we are on a 3 game winning streak and that momentum will help us roll in to is season. Said Dak has that "it" factor, and that he has really been working on his passing. Said Dak can beat you with his arm and his legs now. And several other things about playing in the West gives you a chance at a Title every year, and that our goal this year is to be in Atlanta. Pretty good stuff.

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 11:35 AM
Have the player interviews already happened today? Are any of the player interviews shown on ESPNU like the coaches interviews?

Political Hack
07-15-2014, 11:36 AM
SEC has had to protect us in the bowl selection process a lot. This is a good rule and will be administered fairly or the teams will vote en bloc and raise hell to change it. I'd expect some stronger regional considerations to be taken into account. Sending State to he Belk Bowl and S. Carolina to Liberty would be dumb if you can just flip them, etc...

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Have the player interviews already happened today? Are any of the player interviews shown on ESPNU like the coaches interviews?

I know Dak's has started, and I think it just ended. I'm keeping up on twitter at work tho, so I can't answer about TV.

Greg Ellis did just tweet that Dak "just hit a home run with the TV media", so I would assume his is over. That also doesn't surprise me, he seems to have the personality to draw in the media guys with charm and the ability to say the right things.

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Finebaum said that he sat down with Dan this morning and that Dan exuded confidence. That he seemed like a coach that played for a title last year. Said he really thinks he has a great team this year, and that Dak Prescott could take us to another level. Said he loves how Dan won't say Ole Miss because it "gets under Ole Miss's skin". Said he thinks we will have a good chance at winning a game or 2 we typically don't win this year....and our best opportunity will be against Auburn. Said especially since "Auburn has stolen several games from MSU lately, including last season".

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 11:40 AM
I know Dak's has started, and I think it just ended. I'm keeping up on twitter at work tho, so I can't answer about TV.

Greg Ellis did just tweet that Dak "just hit a home run with the TV media", so I would assume his is over. That also doesn't surprise me, he seems to have the personality to draw in the media guys with charm and the ability to say the right things.

Yea, I saw a tweet that said "Dak Prescott just got a lot of people's attention in the media."

Apparently he killed it, much like we thought he would.

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 11:44 AM
Finebaum said that he sat down with Dan this morning and that Dan exuded confidence. That he seemed like a coach that played for a title last year. Said he really thinks he has a great team this year, and that Dak Prescott could take us to another level. Said he loves how Dan won't say Ole Miss because it "gets under Ole Miss's skin". Said he thinks we will have a good chance at winning a game or 2 we typically don't win this year....and our best opportunity will be against Auburn. Said especially since "Auburn has stolen several games from MSU lately, including last season".

Not only us, but like four games last year alone. I really think we can spank them at home this year. Mainly because I don't have faith in Marshall, both with his arm and his mind. I feel like if our D-Line can shut down the running game early it could turn into a 17-20 point win for us, mostly because I see Marshall as the kind of QB who would blow up on his teammates/throw a bunch of risky passes trying to comeback/ etc.

ETA: I'm not saying I expect us to do that, just that it wouldn't surprise me.

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 11:47 AM
Mullen says he IS A BIG SOCCER FAN. WATCHES IT EVERY SATURDAY MORNING DURING WORKOUTS. SAID THE SEC CAN BE COMPARED TO THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE.

Hahahaha, Dan says suck on that to certain EliteDawgs poster(s)

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Mullen says he IS A BIG SOCCER FAN. WATCHES IT EVERY SATURDAY MORNING DURING WORKOUTS. SAID THE SEC CAN BE COMPARED TO THE ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE.

Dan just caused Coach and Curmudgeon to have a minor coronary

Pollodawg
07-15-2014, 11:49 AM

I had forgotten that his mom was Welsh.

CrazyEyeKilla
07-15-2014, 11:49 AM
This site has the player interview videos:

http://secsports.go.com/

TheRef
07-15-2014, 11:51 AM
Think we can get Dan to join the EPL thread?

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 11:57 AM
Think we can get Dan to join the EPL thread?

He already did...

DanglyGiant*

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 11:58 AM

Thanks a lot. I was really impressed with Hughes. He seemed to really have a good head on his shoulders. He also said that he "looks up to" Dak, as a guy who took Dak on his official visit. That tells me all I need to know about Dak.

Also was pretty funny to hear him say he loves the cowbells and that the new end of the stadium looks like a castle.

curmudgeon
07-15-2014, 12:02 PM
Hey, I have an idea. Let's turn in a weak thread on MSU's Media Day appearance into a soccer thread. That will show curmudgeon.

You are proving my point.

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Hey, I have an idea. Let's turn in a weak thread on MSU's Media Day appearance into a soccer thread. That will show curmudgeon.

Dude. He was clearly busting your balls. Move on.

And if you think the thread is "weak", why don't you contribute to it to make it stronger?

curmudgeon
07-15-2014, 12:08 PM
The Treaty of the Bitch of the Pitch said no soccer in MSU threads.

Big4Dawg
07-15-2014, 12:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQX1mp0HsHc&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3MZvCCS2LY

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the links. Dak is ready for the big time. You can tell by the way he sits in front of the camera he's not scared of anything.

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 12:14 PM

Jesus, I was using Dan's comments to mess with you. Lighten up, Francis.

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 12:17 PM
Loved Jay Hughes's interview. That guy has such a quiet confidence and he seems like a really interesting guy. The way he said "I look up to Dak. He works so hard. He just works so so hard, man.", while you could see he was just speaking truth while thinking about how hard Dak worked....was kind of intense. Gives you chills thinking about the aura Dak is putting off even with his teammates.

One thing about it, if we ever do win BIG under Dak's leadership...it will be awesome to look back at things like this thread and these interviews, and know we could see it when it started. It's crazy and gives you a "too good to be true" type of feeling about what type of player and leader he can be for MSU.

curmudgeon
07-15-2014, 12:18 PM
And I just realized it was you. Give yourself a yellow card for violating your own rule.

My whole deal is the actual MSU talk on this board has started to suck, and here you bring soccer into a thread about MSU's media day appearance and use it to take a shot at me. How is that any less bitchy than me taking a shot at the soccer lovers? It's not.

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 12:20 PM
Loved Jay Hughes's interview. That guy has such a quiet confidence and he seems like a really interesting guy. The way he said "I look up to Dak. He works so hard. He just works so so hard, man.", while you could see he was just speaking truth while thinking about how hard Dak worked....was kind of intense. Gives you chills honking about the aura Dak is putting off even with his teammates.

One thing about it, if we ever do win BIG under Dak's leadership...it will be awesome to look back at things like this thread and these interviews, and know we could see it when it started. It's crazy and gives you a "too good to be true" type of feeling about what type of player and leader he can be for MSU.

Completely agree. I was also impressed with Jay. When asked about playing Southern, one of the first things he mentioned was his parents meeting there. He also talked a ton about how hard he has rehabbed, and he even remembered the number of the play of the game he got hurt on. I was thoroughly impressed. Seems like a very high character guy.

TheRef
07-15-2014, 12:21 PM
I'll tell you this, fellas. Regardless of what happens this season, Dak Prescott and Benardrick McKinney will be two of the most prolific players in MSU history and will be the ambassadors that we have always wanted and needed for this University and this team. They both have a humble leadership and demeanor, yet they are both confident and not afraid to prove the doubters wrong.

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 12:21 PM
And I just realized it was you. Give yourself a yellow card for violating your own rule.

My whole deal is the actual MSU talk on this board has started to suck, and here you bring soccer into a thread about MSU's media day appearance and use it to take a shot at me. How is that any less bitchy than me taking a shot at the soccer lovers? It's not.

Dan Mullen said it dude. I was quoting our FOOTBALL coach. And I was messing with you. Get over yourself. Jeez, man. You are a piece of work

TheRef
07-15-2014, 12:23 PM

So taking a quote from Dan during SEC Media Days in which he compares SEC Football to the most prolific Soccer League in the World is against the rules? For Christ's sake, man.

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 12:24 PM

Well, why don't you try to fix the "problem" that you think the board has? You could've ignored a few posts on a largely good MSU thread and contributed to the MSU talk, yet you are having an aneurism over a joke clearly made in good fun. Why don't you contribute and quit complaining. Its all you seem to do lately. If you want to ignore the previous jokes and talk MSU/ SEC media days go ahead, if not then no reason to click on the thread again.

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 12:25 PM
I'll tell you this, fellas. Regardless of what happens this season, Dak Prescott and Benardrick McKinney will be two of the most prolific players in MSU history and will be the ambassadors that we have always wanted and needed for this University and this team. They both have a humble leadership and demeanor, yet they are both confident and not afraid to prove the doubters wrong.

As long as we can keep them healthy. We need to start knocking on wood during these threads to please the Indian gods

curmudgeon
07-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Dan Mullen said it dude. I was quoting our FOOTBALL coach. Get over yourself and quit being a *****. Jeez, man. You are a piece of work

Dan Mullen said it. You turned it around as something to bring up the soccer debate in the Media Day thread. Dan Mullen also said other things, but it didn't fit your cheap shot agenda.

I think Dan Mullen's opinion on soccer is cause for concern. We should consider firing him like most of the MSU fan base wanted to after the Alabama game last year. This is more concerning to me than being 4-5 in the SEC West.

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 12:26 PM
Greg McElroy and the other guys on ESPNU just said Dak Prescott is a Dark Horse Heisman candidate, and could be the missing links to us competing for the West. Said we have always been gritty and physical, but we lacked playmakers at WR and especially QB. Said now that we have a potentially great QB, and weapons like Wilson and Lewis...we could finally have all the pieces in place.

TheRef
07-15-2014, 12:26 PM
I think Dan Mullen's opinion on soccer is cause for concern. We should consider firing him like most of the MSU fan base wanted to after the Alabama game last year. This is more concerning to me than being 4-5 in the SEC West.

Now that made me laugh. Good one, curmudgeon.

curmudgeon
07-15-2014, 12:27 PM
So taking a quote from Dan during SEC Media Days in which he compares SEC Football to the most prolific Soccer League in the World is against the rules? For Christ's sake, man.

No, cheap shots toward individual posters is against the rules. For Christ's sake, man.

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 12:28 PM
Dan Mullen said it. You turned it around as something to bring up the soccer debate in the Media Day thread. Dan Mullen also said other things, but it didn't fit your cheap shot agenda.

http://www.animateit.net/data/media/159/baby2.gif

May want to look back in the thread. If you were reading, you would see that I also discussed tons of other comments by Dan. Haha, I guess those were part of a different "agenda" though. Ridiculous.

Dawg61
07-15-2014, 12:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQX1mp0HsHc&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3MZvCCS2LY

http://www.baxterboo.com/global/images/products/large/woolly-mammoth-dog-costume-1.jpg

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 12:30 PM
I don't know the guy's name, but whoever the guy with glasses is on ESPNU with Dhari Noka(sp?) is really high on us is year. He continues to bring us up and talk about how he always thought MSU was a good physical team that lacked a QB....and now he feels like Dak can take us to another level.

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 12:30 PM
http://www.baxterboo.com/global/images/products/large/woolly-mammoth-dog-costume-1.jpg

Hilarious. Well done, 61

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 12:33 PM
I don't know the guy's name, but whoever the guy with glasses is on ESPNU with Dhari Noka(sp?) is really high on us is year. He continues to bring us up and talk about how he always thought MSU was a good physical team that lacked a QB....and now he feels like Dak can take us to another level.

That seems to be the general consensus, and it really has me pumped up for this season

Dawg61
07-15-2014, 12:34 PM
Anyone have a link for Jay Hughes? Thanks

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 12:35 PM

61, its on here. Just click the link then click on his.

I think its titled "Bulldog's Hughes looks for starting role"

chainedup_Dawg
07-15-2014, 12:39 PM
All this soccer bitching has become really old and ridiculous. I, for one, hate soccer as well. Where I come from you played soccer if you couldn't make the football team. But to spend all your time bashing it and trying to convince others to do the same is sad. It's a sport, like or not. Move on, the board will be instantly made better without all the bitching about it.

To get back on topic. I appreciate all the updates for thoseof us who aaren't able to watch or follow along throughout the day.

Dawg61
07-15-2014, 12:39 PM

He keeps talking about how big we are. I think we might be top 3 biggest teams in the entire country. He keeps saying we are bigger than Bama and LSU and I don't doubt it with the size that Dan has continued to bring in all over the field. Most drastic increase is at the WR and QB positions.

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 12:40 PM
Jesse Palmer just said the player he's most interested to watch this year....Dak Prescott. Said he predicts we beat LSU in Death Valley! The others were like, "Really?!", and he said "Yes, they are much improved and catching LSU at a good time in the schedule".

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 12:44 PM
Jesse Palmer just said the player he's most interested to watch this year....Dak Prescott. Said he predicts we beat LSU in Death Valley! The others were like, "Really?!", and he said "Yes, they are much improved and catching LSU at a good time in the schedule".

God, that would be so huge. I like Palmer. he seems to be pretty unbiased from what I see of him. I always see some team, whether in the SEC or another conference that isn't a big boy but gets a lot of preseason attention. I'm glad we are looking more and more like that team, and I really believe we have the talent and mental toughness to handle it

curmudgeon
07-15-2014, 12:44 PM
All this soccer bitching has become really old and ridiculous. I, for one, hate soccer as well. Where I come from you played soccer if you couldn't make the football team. But to spend all your time bashing it and trying to convince others to do the same is sad. It's a sport, like or not. Move on, the board will be instantly made better without all the bitching about it.

To get back on topic. I appreciate all the updates for thoseof us who aaren't able to watch or follow along throughout the day.

I didn't bring it up. If the quote would have been simply mentioned, I wouldn't have said anything. But he and four others decided to rub it in a little bit. When I heard the quote, I knew instantly it would be on here. Soccer lovers are very predictable, like the final scores and the rioting.

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 12:46 PM
I didn't bring it up. If the quote would have been simply mentioned, I wouldn't have said anything. But he and four others decided to rub it in a little bit. When I heard the quote, I knew instantly it would be on here. Soccer lovers are very predictable, like the final scores and the rioting.

Guys, just ignore him and all of this will stop.

Sorry for getting curmudgeon riled up with Dan's comments guys. I didn't mean to ruin the thread by getting another one of his tantrums started. I actually thought he may have a grown up side to him that could take a joke, but he is obviously a child with thin skin. My apologies for setting the stage for another cry fest.

Maybe if we all ignore him, he will go away. Attention is obviously his thing.

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 12:47 PM
Now back to media day....

Did I see where Hughes was added to a watch list? I think somebody other than Dak, McKinney, and Lewis was today.

BrunswickDawg
07-15-2014, 12:50 PM
God, that would be so huge. I like Palmer. he seems to be pretty unbiased from what I see of him. I always see some team, whether in the SEC or another conference that isn't a big boy but gets a lot of preseason attention. I'm glad we are looking more and more like that team, and I really believe we have the talent and mental toughness to handle it

That's because Jesse Palmer saw first hand what MSU can do when the stars align
I bet anyone who played in the 3rd and 57 game has similar respect for our program

Dawg61
07-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Wow Dan really knocked it out the park this week with his interview/presence and bringing these three players. All three of them did awesome in their interviews. I really liked Jay Hughes's interview. I love the part where he talks about the stadium and then the jumbotrons and cowbells. He is awesome. Best SEC Media Day MSU has ever had was/is today.

http://secsports.go.com/video/11217991/bulldogs-hughes-looks-starting-role

preachermatt83
07-15-2014, 12:52 PM
the sad reality is that if some random user was doing what curmudgeon has done the last few days he would have been banned. Or atleast suspended. I was suspended during football season for making negative comments.. I was causing no actual harm to the board yet this guy is and he gets a free pass. It aint cool at all.

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Wow Dan really knocked it out the park this week with his interview/presence and bringing these three players. All three of them did awesome in their interviews. I really liked Jay Hughes's interview. I love the part where he talks about the stadium and then the jumbotrons and cowbells. He is awesome. Best SEC Media Day MSU has ever had was/is today.

http://secsports.go.com/video/11217991/bulldogs-hughes-looks-starting-role

If Hughes doesn't have a future in the NFL, he certainly has one in recruiting. The way he talked about being Dak's guide and the stadium made us look great

CadaverDawg
07-15-2014, 12:59 PM
If Hughes doesn't have a future in the NFL, he certainly has one in recruiting. The way he talked about being Dak's guide and the stadium made us look great

Totally agree, and I didn't know he was Tony's son

War Machine Dawg
07-15-2014, 01:03 PM

I've seen him several times and keep drawing a total blank on his name, too. Seems like he's one of their crootin gurus.

preachermatt83
07-15-2014, 01:07 PM
I've seen him several times and keep drawing a total blank on his name, too. Seems like he's one of their crootin gurus.

im not actually watching it, I have it dvr'd.. .but I think you guys are talking about Tom Luginville. (SP)

War Machine Dawg
07-15-2014, 01:14 PM
im not actually watching it, I have it dvr'd.. .but I think you guys are talking about Tom Luginville. (SP)

That's it. Dude can't stop talking about us.

War Machine Dawg
07-15-2014, 01:28 PM
Just watched the vids of Mullen. His interview with Dari has me wooly as hell. Mullen was almost giddy talking about this team and especially Dak. You could tell he was trying to be careful and not say too much. Dammit boys, the season can't get here fast enough.

maroonmania
07-15-2014, 02:40 PM
Just watched the vids of Mullen. His interview with Dari has me wooly as hell. Mullen was almost giddy talking about this team and especially Dak. You could tell he was trying to be careful and not say too much. Dammit boys, the season can't get here fast enough.

Oh no, even Dan is getting sucked into the hype about his team! We are really starting to taunt and piss off the dead Indians. Fear the hype! Fear the hype!

War Machine Dawg
07-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Oh no, even Dan is getting sucked into the hype about his team! We are really starting to taunt and piss off the dead Indians. Fear the hype! Fear the hype!

What's the dead Indian equivalent of a live chicken, cigar, and rum? Buffalo, peace pipe, and whisky? Because we probably need to make an offering in advance with all the hype we're getting.

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 03:08 PM
What's the dead Indian equivalent of a live chicken, cigar, and rum? Buffalo, peace pipe, and whisky? Because we probably need to make an offering in advance with all the hype we're getting.

Heard Dan and the coaches are meeting on the 50 the night before we play USM to do a rendition of the rain dance to please them

shoeless joe
07-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Haven't been this excited for a season since 2001

Coach34
07-15-2014, 04:55 PM
the sad reality is that if some random user was doing what curmudgeon has done the last few days he would have been banned. Or atleast suspended. I was suspended during football season for making negative comments.. I was causing no actual harm to the board yet this guy is and he gets a free pass. It aint cool at all.

Curmudgeon is a veteran-so he gets some rope. My hope is that he will eventually settle down as we roll into August

mstatefan91
07-15-2014, 04:57 PM
Haven't been this excited for a season since 2001

Almost didn't catch the * lol

Dawg61
07-15-2014, 05:26 PM
Almost didn't catch the * lol

Don't think he meant for one. What made 2001 especially rough besides the horribleness of 9/11 was that our first game of the season vs Memphis Lee Corso on air says the only thing holding MSU back from winning a NC was a great QB. We won that game and then 9/11 happens. Then all of college football is suspended for a week and then us vs USCe at DWS is the very first football game college or pro that gets played for the entire nation to watch. We lost and then the absolute bottom just falls out for no reason explainable to anyone. We never recovered. We are just now getting back to where we were the week before 9/11.

Political Hack
07-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Don't think he meant for one. What made 2001 especially rough besides the horribleness of 9/11 was that our first game of the season vs Memphis Lee Corso on air says the only thing holding MSU back from winning a NC was a great QB. We won that game and then 9/11 happens. Then all of college football is suspended for a week and then us vs USCe at DWS is the very first football game college or pro that gets played for the entire nation to watch. We lost and then the absolute bottom just falls out for no reason explainable to anyone. We never recovered. We are just now getting back to where we were the week before 9/11.

sad story and very true. made no sense to me, but that's exactly when it fell apart.

breazy
07-15-2014, 05:40 PM
Curmudgeon is a veteran-so he gets some rope. My hope is that he will eventually settle down as we roll into August

Im a veteran.....that aint got shit to do with it and should never be an excuse to continually act an ass. It's actually insulting that you'd use that as an excuse for him

TheRef
07-15-2014, 05:42 PM
Jesse Palmer just said "Mississippi State looks like an NFL Defense." WOOLY!!!!

FISHDAWG
07-15-2014, 06:50 PM

^^^ gotta be WJ's 13th account ^^^

War Machine Dawg
07-15-2014, 06:57 PM

I actually think the wheels came off sooner than that. To me, it goes back to the 2000 Arkansas game. That was the year it was so cold and we had sleet the whole day. They beat us in OT and injured several of our key players, including Pig Prather. All the injuries caused us to lose in Oxford to the BearSharks the next week. We got healthy & won the Snow Bowl, but I still say that Arkansas beat us into submission that day and made us soft. We just weren't the same after that game.

07-15-2014, 07:00 PM

Does it help us when our starting QB has some Native-American ancestry?

http://hailstatebeat.wordpress.com/2014/07/15/dak-prescott-the-secs-newest-star-takes-the-big-stage/

engie
07-15-2014, 07:09 PM
I actually think the wheels came off sooner than that. To me, it goes back to the 2000 Arkansas game. That was the year it was so cold and we had sleet the whole day. They beat us in OT and injured several of our key players, including Pig Prather. All the injuries caused us to lose in Oxford to the BearSharks the next week. We got healthy & won the Snow Bowl, but I still say that Arkansas beat us into submission that day and made us soft. We just weren't the same after that game.

I'd go even earlier. In hindsight, I saw it when we blew the lead in DV...

shoeless joe
07-15-2014, 09:19 PM
I did mean to put the *...but only half heartedly.

I remember, as a high school kid, riding home listening to the pre game for that Memphis game and being absolutely certain we were a legitimate threat to win SEC and then some. I even remember Jim Ellis saying on that pre game show that he couldn't remember as much anticipation for any season that could match that one.

As far as when it all started to go wrong I'd say it was the exact second the ball passed rite over Kendall Roberson's shoulder in Williams-Bryce stadium in 2000, but it wasn't clear until that Arkansas game.

DudyDawg
07-15-2014, 11:44 PM
Soooo, after all the bulldog love at media days today we have had at least three, if not more trolls show this evening. Pretty clear how they received our praise..

War Machine Dawg
07-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Soooo, after all the bulldog love at media days today we have had at least three, if not more trolls show this evening. Pretty clear how they received out praise..

Indeed.

http://i.imgur.com/T9PFz1A.gif

http://i.imgur.com/3I28sSA.gif

preachermatt83
07-16-2014, 12:01 AM
Indeed.

http://i.imgur.com/T9PFz1A.gif

http://i.imgur.com/3I28sSA.gif

is that stewie stolen from me too????

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/45461095.jpg

War Machine Dawg
07-16-2014, 12:59 AM
is that stewie stolen from me too????

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/45461095.jpg

No, I just searched "nervous gif" and found it. Thought it was awesome, so I used it. Because Stewie is the man. If only he weren't thwarted by his small stature.

preachermatt83
07-16-2014, 01:30 AM
No, I just searched "nervous gif" and found it. Thought it was awesome, so I used it. Because Stewie is the man. If only he weren't thwarted by his small stature.

"Curse you vile stature"

mstatefan91
07-16-2014, 01:34 AM
Don't think he meant for one. What made 2001 especially rough besides the horribleness of 9/11 was that our first game of the season vs Memphis Lee Corso on air says the only thing holding MSU back from winning a NC was a great QB. We won that game and then 9/11 happens. Then all of college football is suspended for a week and then us vs USCe at DWS is the very first football game college or pro that gets played for the entire nation to watch. We lost and then the absolute bottom just falls out for no reason explainable to anyone. We never recovered. We are just now getting back to where we were the week before 9/11. Ahh I gotcha. I was very young then so all of that probably escaped me at that time.

I didn't know the hype surrounding the program then. I just remember that 2001 was the start of the downfall of MSU football.

Dawg61
07-16-2014, 01:55 AM
I just remember that 2001 was the start of the downfall of MSU football.

Yea it happened in my mind directly after 9/11 since we won the bowl game and the first game of the season before 9/11. That to me was the start of a long long shitty road that we don't ever want to go down again. It was awful man. Buttttttttt WE BACK NOW!!!

Dawgfan77
07-16-2014, 07:36 AM
I did mean to put the *...but only half heartedly.

I remember, as a high school kid, riding home listening to the pre game for that Memphis game and being absolutely certain we were a legitimate threat to win SEC and then some. I even remember Jim Ellis saying on that pre game show that he couldn't remember as much anticipation for any season that could match that one.

As far as when it all started to go wrong I'd say it was the exact second the ball passed rite over Kendall Roberson's shoulder in Williams-Bryce stadium in 2000, but it wasn't clear until that Arkansas game.

I disagree. The next week we beat FL into submission then the following week we beat auburn. Going into the ark game our two losses were to USC and lsu. Lost to ark and OM then won against Texas a&am in Indy bowl. Lot of hype going into 2001 but if you looked at objectively we had to replace sooo much on the OL and DL. The Thursday night game against USC, then the last second loss at auburn was really the downfall. Loss to Troy in the tornado game then replaced masking with gang and beat OM. Did get beat by byu and the refs. Wheels we off the track

I seen it dawg
07-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Somebody asked Dan something along the lines of how you think Dak will handle any pressure from being considered a dark horse Heisman candidate...Dan said he hoped Dak is in NYC for the Heisman means we and he had a great yr. Also laughed and said he told him that if the pressure was too much all he had to do was play terrible one game and they would leave him alone. Good tongue in cheek moment.

TheRef
07-16-2014, 10:07 AM
Courtney Cronin
@CourtneyRCronin
Missouri's Evan Boehm asked about the most annoying tradition in college football. Response: Hotty Toddy. I thought it was really weird.

9:57am ? 16 Jul 2014 ? Twitter for iPhone

DudyDawg
07-16-2014, 10:12 AM
Saw a tweet saying that Gary Pinkle can win the SEC East and still lull you to sleep in a press conference haha. Anyone see him talk?

TheRef
07-16-2014, 10:29 AM
Saw a tweet saying that Gary Pinkle can win the SEC East and still lull you to sleep in a press conference haha. Anyone see him talk?

Think Ben Stein....that's Pinkle

DudyDawg
07-17-2014, 10:02 AM
http://once.unicornmedia.com/now/adaptive/m3u8/4d993388-8b49-4f34-9e48-87906e690281/85957be9-026a-415e-a8ce-7bfdc19d5e23/ace0a424-3875-4718-a492-a1ff09d2f3e5/content.m3u8?visitguid=f03695b7-2646-4df1-9313-7e257198e401&UMADPARAMreferer=http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11218517?UMADPARAMreferer=http%3A%2F%2Fesp n.go.com%2Fvideo%2Fclip%3Fid%3D11218517%26ex_cid%3 Despnapi_internal

for those who haven't seen Jesse Palmer

TheRef
07-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Look at Bo speak. Laugh at Bo's look.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BswgxCmCMAExdY-.jpg