PDA

View Full Version : SOCCER THREAD DEBATE-READ NOW PEOPLE

I seen it dawg
07-13-2014, 10:02 PM
****ing kill it now. Curmudgeon vs everybody else is over on the topic. The future soccer thread is going off the main board if soccer enthusiasts want to start one somewhere. Curmudgeon you need to chill out. The rest of you as well. I'm ****ing tired of reading about this bullshit yah yah whiny ***** arguing. Hell a potentially interesting recruiting thread got crushed.

Each of you have had your chance at taking shots and it stops. The hammer will swing. Any gripes or questions PM me.

Dawg61
07-13-2014, 10:08 PM
Ok two things and I'll be quiet. I didn't get the chance to respond in the other thread. 1. If you check the EPL thread there's been about ten new posters sign up for ED just because of that idea so ten new posters is more than 1 curmudgeon leaving. 2) I am totally fine with the EPL thread moving to BS it'd just be nice if it could stay over here till the 2nd draft is filled which is only 7 more posters. Sorry if my EPL thread has caused bad feelings on here. That was not my intentions.

I seen it dawg
07-13-2014, 10:11 PM
I didn't post this or move the thread because he bitched. I'm just tired of hearing the bitching. Ref made the announcement awhile ago it would be moving so I just processed it. It's easily found over there.

DudyDawg
07-13-2014, 10:15 PM
I have just one question for the mods. Our idea is a good one, and a lot of people are doing it, but most will forget if they don't see it. So I am asking if it would be cool with the mods to put it on the main thread for like an hour each week before moving it. That way, everyone doing it will see it and remember that it's on the OT board. Thanks

Basically, could I (or whoever starts our weekly thread) post it on here and it be moved after a short amount of time?

curmudgeon
07-13-2014, 10:18 PM
NO! This is an MSU Message Board. Big news in the soccer world, an OT is fine. But a weekly thread is the stupidest idea ever on this board. If people love it so much, they will find the thread on another board.

I seen it dawg
07-13-2014, 10:20 PM
NO! This is an MSU Message Board. Big news in the soccer world, an OT is fine. But a weekly thread is the stupidest idea ever on this board. If people love it so much, they will find the thread on another board.

You don't make decisions pal. You need to chill the **** out. Go back and read the original post in this thread.

DudyDawg
07-13-2014, 10:22 PM

Dude. I'm asking for ONE HOUR for ONE THREAD. It literally does not affect you a bit. You need to stop being a jackass and realize people on this board have other interests that we want to share with msu fans. This idea had 33 people involved, and we are breaking our back to accommodate you. And you're bitching about ONE HOUR.

And I don't believe I asked you, I asked the site moderators

I seen it dawg
07-13-2014, 10:25 PM
I didn't make this thread to have a debate. We will make the decisions on threads. No need for politicking either way.

DudyDawg
07-13-2014, 10:25 PM
Okay. Hope you consider my idea, and I'm glad all the arguing will be over with

Todd4State
07-13-2014, 10:27 PM
My two cents and I'm out of this discussion.

If you don't like a sport, don't read the thread.

Personally, I don't like basketball. I don't hate it with a passion, but I'm just not that interested in it.

I'm sure that there are people that don't like baseball either.

But this is just really silly.

curmudgeon
07-13-2014, 10:28 PM
And I would feel the same about regular NBA threads on an MSU message board. Its simply not the place.

preachermatt83
07-13-2014, 10:32 PM
sounds good. I just really hope this doesn't set the precedent that all you have to do to get your way on this board is whine until you get your way, bc that is exactly what happened in this whole deal.

Todd4State
07-13-2014, 10:34 PM
And I would feel the same about regular NBA threads on an MSU message board. Its simply not the place.

Is this is MSU board or a MSU/sports message board? And I'm not being argumentative here. Because I've posted some threads about the Cardinals and have participated in my share of threads about the Braves even though I'm not a Braves fan.

To me pro and MSU sports kind of goes hand in hand because some of our players go pro- like Hunter Renfroe in the Future's Game today.

Personally, I'm OK with it being a MSU/sports message board because the two go hand in hand and a lot of us like the same teams- Saints/Cardinals/Braves/Grizzlies, etc.

So, if someone started a NBA thread, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I just wouldn't read it.

curmudgeon
07-13-2014, 10:37 PM
and I'm okay with an occasional post and I was fine with the World Cup stuff after I said my peace about hating the sport. But a regular scheduled thread about European soccer is not what should be exciting about this board.

Its not my decision to make, but someone has to speak up against this idea. I'm willing to take the heat for it.

GulfCoastDawg
07-13-2014, 10:40 PM
If this is going to be the case someone needs to bitch and complain about EVERY non MSU SPORTS thread that hits the board. Ridiculous.

curmudgeon
07-13-2014, 10:42 PM
Its been obvious by the vitriol spewed at me that either I am in the minority or the soccer fans are really depraved people. I'm out.

smootness
07-13-2014, 10:42 PM
FWIW, me and a bunch of my buddies have a super-secret email chain going about how we're about to leave the board if curmudgeon keeps doing this.

DudyDawg
07-13-2014, 10:43 PM
and I'm okay with an occasional post and I was fine with the World Cup stuff after I said my peace about hating the sport. But a regular scheduled thread about European soccer is not what should be exciting about this board.

Its not my decision to make, but someone has to speak up against this idea. I'm willing to take the heat for it.

Why shouldn't it be another thing we are excited about? At the end of the day, it's something that people are signing up for a username on this board for, are posting for, and are giving page views for. If those people who join for that end up posting about msu as well that's great. I would understand if we are talking multiple threads, but we aren't. It's one thread that will bring MSU fans together for a common interest. Don't see the problem

mstatefan91
07-13-2014, 10:43 PM
IMO, the thread should not be moved just because one person who claims others are upset is threatening to leave. Stop being a child about the whole thing. You've said your peace and that's that.

Sorry if I've added to the argument but this is kind of ridiculous. Anyway, won't be responding to anything else in this thread.

War Machine Dawg
07-13-2014, 10:47 PM
sounds good. I just really hope this doesn't set the precedent that all you have to do to get your way on this board is whine until you get your way, bc that is exactly what happened in this whole deal.

If this is going to be the case someone needs to bitch and complain about EVERY non MSU SPORTS thread that hits the board. Ridiculous.

+1

All that happened tonight is one poster diminished the experience of the board for no less than 35-40 people, maybe more. And it happened simply because he apparently has no self control in avoiding threads on topics he doesn't like, then proceeded to whine incessantly until the board bent to his will. Just totally ridiculous. And all during a month where literally NO MSU SPORTS are being played, making it even more outlandish. I'll also admit I contributed to the situation, and I'm sorry for my part in it. But holy hell, one guy shouldn't be able to hold the entire board hostage, and that's exactly what happened.

I seen it dawg
07-13-2014, 10:49 PM
Nobody is hostage. Everybody could have ignored his original bitching but didn't just like he didn't ignore soccer thread. Everyone was complicit. No one poster will ever hold the board hostage. This isn't 6th grade. Although we all act like it from time to time.

FatDrunkandStupidDawg
07-13-2014, 10:50 PM
I know my opinion carries very little weight here but I'd like to point something out since I doubt I'm alone... I signed up for this board shortly after it was created but rarely if ever visited it since I saw little that separated it from the 5 other MSU boards out there. During World Cup I came over after a mention of of this site on the other board, then I saw the EPL thread which I thought was a really cool idea and shortly after reading that thread finally activated my username and made my first posts. Now I visit the site frequently click on a lot of stuff including ads and although I don't post a lot I've begun to enjoy this board and was looking forward to becoming an active poster.

I have never cared about soccer but wanted to learn more about it and the EPL (which was the entire point of that thread), and I'm a huge MSU fan that was looking forward to taking care of both these interests on a SPORTS board for MSU fans. I promise a board will be ruined and lose viewers and clicks quicker if one person's dislike for something ruins something that has peaked a lot of new interest during a dead period in college sports, than one thread a week that people don't have to click on if uninterested.

Dawg61
07-13-2014, 10:50 PM

The EPL thread has more views than the other nineteen threads on the first page COMBINED. How long would it take you Curmudgeon to view a thread 4,500 times? Just don't click the thread. You literally have to do nothing. You are bitching because the thought of looking at a thread titled "EPL Week 1" bothers you that much? Dude you have gone off the reservation here. Full blown mental. Views and clicks on adds help this board. Last I checked 4,500 views is not a bad thing.

Dawg61
07-13-2014, 10:57 PM
I know my opinion carries very little weight here but I'd like to point something out since I doubt I'm alone... I signed up for this board shortly after it was created but rarely if ever visited it since I saw little that separated it from the 5 other MSU boards out there. During World Cup I came over after a mention of of this site on the other board, then I saw the EPL thread which I thought was a really cool idea and shortly after reading that thread finally activated my username and made my first posts. Now I visit the site frequently click on a lot of stuff including ads and although I don't post a lot I've begun to enjoy this board and was looking forward to becoming an active poster.

I have never cared about soccer but wanted to learn more about it and the EPL (which was the entire point of that thread), and I'm a huge MSU fan that was looking forward to taking care of both these interests on a SPORTS board for MSU fans. I promise a board will be ruined and lose viewers and clicks quicker if one person's dislike for something ruins something that has peaked a lot of new interest during a dead period in college sports, than one thread a week that people don't have to click on if uninterested.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m39jhxAcnj1rn2znz.gif

Intramural All-American
07-13-2014, 11:01 PM
It really is ridiculous for one person to get his way when another 40+ are pro-EPL thread. I don't care what you say, I seen it dawg, that is absolutely the definition of one poster holding the board hostage. At the very least there should be a poll for the board to vote on whether a thread is admissible or not.

whosyourdawgy
07-13-2014, 11:06 PM
There is a really really damn simple answer to all this bullshit. If you see a thread that is about something you don't give a shit about, don't read it and keep your ****ing mouth shut and don't be a DICK. and if one poster is being a complete dick, ignore him and he will either go away or get canned by the mods. No way one dick should cause this much turmoil on this board. MSU fans board that let's us talk about all things MSU and sometimes other topics. If Elitedawgs was only about MSU and only MSU, it would be a very boring site. It is not. Moral of this post. Don't be a DICK

War Machine Dawg
07-13-2014, 11:16 PM

The EPL thread has more views than the other nineteen threads on the first page COMBINED. How long would it take you Curmudgeon to view a thread 4,500 times? Just don't click the thread. You literally have to do nothing. You are bitching because the thought of looking at a thread titled "EPL Week 1" bothers you that much? Dude you have gone off the reservation here. Full blown mental. Views and clicks on adds help this board. Last I checked 4,500 views is not a bad thing.

It really is ridiculous for one person to get his way when another 40+ are pro-EPL thread. I don't care what you say, I seen it dawg, that is absolutely the definition of one poster holding the board hostage. At the very least there should be a poll for the board to vote on whether a thread is admissible or not.

There is a really really damn simple answer to all this bullshit. If you see a thread that is about something you don't give a shit about, don't read it and keep your ****ing mouth shut and don't be a DICK. and if one poster is being a complete dick, ignore him and he will either go away or get canned by the mods. No way one dick should cause this much turmoil on this board. MSU fans board that let's us talk about all things MSU and sometimes other topics. If Elitedawgs was only about MSU and only MSU, it would be a very boring site. It is not. Moral of this post. Don't be a DICK

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae73/MSUDawgBurke/Clapping_zps18a178f5.gif (http://s959.photobucket.com/user/MSUDawgBurke/media/Clapping_zps18a178f5.gif.html)

I seen it dawg
07-13-2014, 11:22 PM

How did one poster "get his way"?

Intramural All-American
07-13-2014, 11:36 PM
How did one poster "get his way"?

He got the thread off the main board, but then you moved it back, so I guess he didn't get his way. It's all really confusing at this point.

War Machine Dawg
07-13-2014, 11:44 PM
He got the thread off the main board, but then you moved it back, so I guess he didn't get his way. It's all really confusing at this point.

The original thread is getting to stay until we get enough owners to complete our 2nd draft. Afterwards, all EPL threads will be in BS. So yes, curmudgeon is getting his way. Just not *immediately* getting it.

DudyDawg
07-13-2014, 11:49 PM
The original thread is getting to stay until we get enough owners to complete our 2nd draft. Afterwards, all EPL threads will be in BS. So yes, curmudgeon is getting his way. Just not *immediately* getting it.

Still don't think ONE thread about what amounts to being an MSU fantasy league should be moved. Considering the count is 35-1 of people for the thread rather than against it who have posted about it

TheRef
07-13-2014, 11:53 PM
I think we need the message board equivalent to a beer summit. Everyone meets in one private location. We let off the steam that we need to let off. And we leave with an understanding/gentleman's agreement and we don't argue either point anymore.

CadaverDawg
07-14-2014, 12:02 AM
Still don't think ONE thread about what amounts to being an MSU fantasy league should be moved. Considering the count is 35-1 of people for the thread rather than against it who have posted about it

Don't forget the 50 people in his email chain***

Intramural All-American
07-14-2014, 12:02 AM
As I said, if there is truly an issue, lets have a board vote. Vote yes if you want it on the main board, vote no if you don't. If you don't care, don't vote. That seems like the most fair solution.

I seen it dawg
07-14-2014, 06:27 AM
Closed