PDA

View Full Version : Since this site is under a hostile takeover attempt

starkvegasdawg
07-13-2014, 05:32 PM
To become Elite Braves I thought I would get thoughts on the first half of the season. They will finish no worse than tied for first and have passed the 50 win mark. I'm still not sure I'm sold on this team. They may make the playoffs but I really don't see them making much noise. They just don't seem to have that "it" factor to me. Nothing really concrete. And I think all of these injuries eventually take their toll the rest of the way. One thing going for them is the rest of the division doesn't seem too impressive either. The Nats just don't scare me. Braves have seemed to have their number and if they keep the head to head advantage I don't see the Nats being able to run away with the division.

hacker
07-13-2014, 05:38 PM
IMO there should be subforums for pro sports. Yes, including soccer, so the board doesn't become the Elite Premiere League.

Boston
07-13-2014, 05:40 PM
What hacker said

CadaverDawg
07-13-2014, 05:46 PM
Could just take it to the BS forum. It doesn't receive tons of traffic anyway. Just a thought

I seen it dawg
07-13-2014, 05:49 PM
IMO there should be subforums for pro sports. Yes, including soccer, so the board doesn't become the Elite Premiere League.

Don't worry soccer will disappear for another 4 years.

TheRef
07-13-2014, 05:49 PM
Don't worry soccer will disappear for another 4 years.

Not with the EPL threads that we are starting. But I'm fine with taking it to BS if we need to.

I seen it dawg
07-13-2014, 05:55 PM
Not with the EPL threads that we are starting. But I'm fine with taking it to BS if we need to.

Maybe another couple of weeks. With WC over now and real football starting in 7-8 weeks it will roll off the front page quickly and frequently. Just my prediction not what I want or not.

curmudgeon
07-13-2014, 05:55 PM

I and at least two other regular posters are out if here if the soccer crap becomes regular after today. It's a frickin MSU sports forum. There are plenty of soccer forums on the internet given that it is the "most popular sport in the world."

TheRef
07-13-2014, 06:00 PM
I and at least two other regular posters are out if here if the soccer crap becomes regular after today. It's a frickin MSU sports forum. There are plenty of soccer forums on the internet given that it is the "most popular sport in the world."

I, along with many others on this board, would be saddened by the loss of you and the other two that you are speaking for it that is the case. Considering that the post will only be weekly, I have a feeling that you won't be disturbed by it too much. I understand that this is a MSU sports forum and I don't want to impede on your MSU fandom. All of us here are MSU fans and don't want to take away from the MSU-element of this message board.

War Machine Dawg
07-13-2014, 06:01 PM
To become Elite Braves I thought I would get thoughts on the first half of the season. They will finish no worse than tied for first and have passed the 50 win mark. I'm still not sure I'm sold on this team. They may make the playoffs but I really don't see them making much noise. They just don't seem to have that "it" factor to me. Nothing really concrete. And I think all of these injuries eventually take their toll the rest of the way. One thing going for them is the rest of the division doesn't seem too impressive either. The Nats just don't scare me. Braves have seemed to have their number and if they keep the head to head advantage I don't see the Nats being able to run away with the division.

Nailed it. Same song, 58th verse for the Braves. Win the Division/Wild Card, lose in the 1st round. Offense is too inconsistent, having to rely too much on homers, although we've manufactured better lately. Pinch hitting has been atrocious.

Pitching has been better than we had any right to think it might after losing Medlen & Beachy within days of each other. Floyd was looking good, then he breaks his damn elbow. You gotta figure Harang will revert eventually. I've been saying we need to sell high on him. Probably need to make a move for a pitcher before the deadline, but we don't have a whole lot of players/prospects left to move.

Overall, we'll win in the neighborhood of 90 games then flame out because this team a) isn't built for the postseason offensively, b) doesn't have great bench depth, and c) will probably be lacking some pitching needed to make a postseason run. Fredi isn't a great manager, but he isn't as terrible as we'd like to make him out to be, either. Winning ~90 games with this pitching staff and a team that starts/started both BJ Upton & Dan Uggla is a pretty damn good accomplishment.

CadaverDawg
07-13-2014, 06:03 PM

Not clicking on a thread must be a lot harder for you than it is for me

curmudgeon
07-13-2014, 06:06 PM
No. But I come here to discuss MSU sports and when there are as many non MSU threads as there are MSU ones, people start to leave because the discussion sucks.

TheRef
07-13-2014, 06:08 PM
No. But I come here to discuss MSU sports and when there are as many non MSU threads as there are MSU ones, people start to leave because the discussion sucks.

I can almost guarantee you that once Football season starts, there won't be an equal amount of OT threads to MSU threads. MSU threads will be the great majority of the board once football season gets here. If you can't handle one or two OT threads a week, then I don't know what to tell you.

CadaverDawg
07-13-2014, 06:08 PM

Meh, yes when there are as many...but there never is. I'm all for moving soccer and Braves to BS, but you are Grossly overreacting and exaggerating how many soccer threads there are.

War Machine Dawg
07-13-2014, 06:09 PM

http://i.imgur.com/aNj9Zbj.gif

Good riddance. Is it really so hard to avoid threads on topics you dislike or that sound boring? There are threads I almost never click when it comes to betting, just because it doesn't interest me. Don't need to go out of my way and bash people that it does interest, though. And if they want to post on it, they should feel free. Same for those here who enjoy soccer (Ref, Dudy, 61, etc.) or would like to learn to enjoy it (me, Cadaver, etc.). But if you keep being a whiny bitch about it and/or an asshole always looking to make it a confrontation, that's your problem. Dunno why you feel the need to do that, though.

BoomBoom
07-13-2014, 06:14 PM

definitely not one of the better Atlanta teams of the last couple decades, but so what? the best team rarely wins the WS. if a couple hitters get hot, this team can beat anyone.

msstate7
07-13-2014, 06:27 PM
definitely not one of the better Atlanta teams of the last couple decades, but so what? the best team rarely wins the WS. if a couple hitters get hot, this team can beat anyone.

Exactly. Who gets hot at the right time is the name of the game.

As for soccer and braves threads... Like it or not there's a lot of state fans that like the braves and soccer. During a dead state period, the brave and soccer threads help keep up the traffic here which is good for the site.

Political Hack
07-13-2014, 06:51 PM
there is a BS forum for off topic conversations. Mostly been used to talk about TV shows, but other stuff is open game there too.

TheRef
07-13-2014, 06:52 PM
there is a BS forum for off topic conversations. Mostly been used to talk about TV shows, but other stuff is open game there too.

I'm fine with taking it to BS if that's the wishes of the board. If so, I'm down.

I seen it dawg
07-13-2014, 07:21 PM
It's sports. Soccer is sports and Braves are sports. ****ing don't click on it if you don't want to read about it. Jesus. It's not like there are 52 ****ing threads about it and it's impossible to wade through. There is no need to send it to BS board, it's sports discussion.

bgdog
07-13-2014, 07:31 PM

When I see a thread about the great om conspiracy or whatever om themed rabbit hole the board feels like going down this week I just scroll past it and click on the thread that interests me.

It's super easy.

Like, really easy.

It's actually easier than clicking on a thread.

But I understand how you want a message board to be perfectly tailored to exactly what you want and nothing else too though*

*I totally don't

curmudgeon
07-13-2014, 07:37 PM
and I can do that as well.

However, its an MSU sports board, not a sports board. An occasional OT post is fine but you guys are talking about making EPL threads. That sucks and is driving people away from this board, whether you want to believe it or not.

If you guys want to have a soccer board instead of an MSU sports board, that's fine - just don't be surprised if good posters start leaving in droves. We've killed the MSU fan boards. Gene's Page is awful. The best of Six Pack came here, and now this board is having more discussion about soccer than MSU. Want to know why your threads seem to be getting action? People are leaving.

TheRef
07-13-2014, 07:42 PM

However, its an MSU sports board, not a sports board. An occasional OT post is fine but you guys are talking about making EPL threads. That sucks and is driving people away from this board, whether you want to believe it or not.

If you guys want to have a soccer board instead of an MSU sports board, that's fine - just don't be surprised if good posters start leaving in droves. We've killed the MSU fan boards. Gene's Page is awful. The best of Six Pack came here, and now this board is having more discussion about soccer than MSU. Want to know why your threads seem to be getting action? People are leaving.

If people are leaving over threads that occur during the dead period of ZERO MSU sports occurring, then that's their prerogative. ED is NOT, I repeat, NOT going to become anything other than a MSU message board for all things MSU. You're overreacting to what is occurring during the dead sports period. Calm down, take a Xanex or two, and you'll be just fine buddy.

Schultzy
07-13-2014, 07:45 PM
It's summer. The dead period. I'm not into pro baseball til the playoffs and I think soccer is a communist plot to overtake the United States of America but I say let's allow it until football season at least. The soccernistas and remaining Braves fans deserve at least that much.

DudyDawg
07-13-2014, 07:54 PM

Bye

It's sports. Soccer is sports and Braves are sports. ****ing don't click on it if you don't want to read about it. Jesus. It's not like there are 52 ****ing threads about it and it's impossible to wade through. There is no need to send it to BS board, it's sports discussion.

Completely agree. We are proposing literally one single thread a week dedicated to it. One thread. That takes up about a quarter inch of your screen, scroll past the ONE thread we are talking about having during the pro soccer season

CadaverDawg
07-13-2014, 07:55 PM

Good grief, Sally. THERE ARE NO MSU SPORTS IN SEASON RIGHT NOW. And you may want to define "good posters", bc you're a shitty poster if you'd rather bitch and leave about 1 soccer thread per week (that's what we're talking about), than ACTUALLY START AN INTERESTING THREAD of your own.

Come on, man...quit being a drama queen.

In my opinion, your whining and threatening to leave is worse than soccer flops and 0-0 draws, which you claim are THA WORST!.

bgdog
07-13-2014, 07:57 PM

If you guys want to have a soccer board instead of an MSU sports board, that's fineNo one wants that - just don't be surprised if good posters start leaving in droves.I would be very surprised if that started to happen We've killed the MSU fan boards. Gene's Page is awful.Yes The best of Six Pack came here,Ehh and now this board is having more discussion about soccer than MSU.No, no it isnt Want to know why your threads seem to be getting action? People are leaving.

curmudgeon
07-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Hope you like killing the best MSU sports board on the web, because that's what you douchebags are doing.

TheRef
07-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Hope you like killing the best MSU sports board on the web, because that's what you douchebags are doing.

Oh no!!!! We're posting about the BIGGEST SPORTING EVENT IN THE WORLD and we're killing the MSU thread in the matter of one month in which NO MSU SPORTS ARE HAPPENING!!!! Go take a Xanex. Relax. I started an MSU thread JUST FOR YOU.

CadaverDawg
07-13-2014, 08:05 PM

Douchebags? The ones discussing soccer in one thread....or the one crying about that ONE thread? Hmm

curmudgeon
07-13-2014, 08:08 PM
You honestly think its been ONE thread?

You soccer kids have killed this board.

CadaverDawg
07-13-2014, 08:11 PM

First off, I'm not a huge soccer fan. I just find your whiny childishness ridiculous. Secondly, we just discusses moving those threads yet you keep bitching.

TheRef
07-13-2014, 08:11 PM

First two pages on this board. 3 TOTAL THREADS concerning soccer. 3 out of 46 threads are dealing with soccer. HARDLY killing a board.

War Machine Dawg
07-13-2014, 08:12 PM

http://i.imgur.com/yL454Uu.gif

curmudgeon
07-13-2014, 08:12 PM
You start making weekly posts about European soccer and you will kill this board. Guarantee it.

DudyDawg
07-13-2014, 08:14 PM
You start making weekly posts about European soccer and you will kill this board. Guarantee it.

You're an imbecile

bgdog
07-13-2014, 08:20 PM

That's asinine

sbcmortgageman
07-13-2014, 08:21 PM

A freakin Men.

curmudgeon
07-13-2014, 08:22 PM
You're an imbecile

Why? Because I think starting a weekly thread about European soccer on the best MSU Sports Message Board is insane, especially when there are many complaining about it? If it was done on a soccer board or an OT board or whatever, that's fine. Don't kill the best MSU board just so you soccer fags can get your rocks off. Go to a soccer specific board.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=soccer+message+boards

TheRef
07-13-2014, 08:25 PM
Why? Because I think starting a weekly thread about European soccer on the best MSU Sports Message Board is insane, especially when there are many complaining about it? If it was done on a soccer board or an OT board or whatever, that's fine. Don't kill the best MSU board just so you soccer fags can get your rocks off. Go to a soccer specific board.

Guess what. We're moving to the BS board? Happy? Or are you going to continue to argue until we say "Oh great curmudgeon! How dare we offend you with our talk of adding ONE THREAD on your****** message board. We shall abandon all thoughts and hopes of adding such a HORRIBLE thing to this so that you won't leave."

curmudgeon
07-13-2014, 08:28 PM
Thank you.

TheRef
07-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Lookie there! Futbol and Football can live in harmony!!!!!!

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/von-miller-sack-celebration-dance.gif

CadaverDawg
07-13-2014, 08:35 PM

Soccer fags? Seriously?

Come on, mane. You've had good posts in the past, but soccer has turned you into a nut. Ha

TheRef
07-13-2014, 08:37 PM
Soccer fags? Seriously?

Come on, mane. You've had good posts in the past, but soccer has turned you into a nut. Ha

I guess we found his proverbial button.

DudyDawg
07-13-2014, 08:40 PM

No, you're an imbecile for calling people who like a sport fags.

CadaverDawg
07-13-2014, 08:41 PM
I guess we found his proverbial button.

No, my job is to moderate...and I'm asked to give infractions for stuff like that. You got your wish, the soccer guys will move their thread to BS.....now you can go back to not starting any threads yourself worth a damn.

And FWIW, I rarely give infractions...don't like to...but I'm required to when you say that. Sorry bud. Just a warning anyway so no big deal

TheRef
07-13-2014, 08:42 PM
No, my job is to moderate...and I'm asked to give infractions for stuff like that. You got your wish, the soccer guys will move their thread to BS.....now you can go back to not starting any threads yourself worth a damn.

And FWIW, I rarely give infractions...don't like to...but I'm required to when you say that. Sorry bud. Just a warning anyway so no big deal

I think you quoted the wrong guy, CD. Or if you didn't, then I apologize.

curmudgeon
07-13-2014, 08:42 PM
Oh no, I gots a yellow card for not liking soccer.

DudyDawg
07-13-2014, 08:43 PM

The fact that you think that it's about you not liking it proves to me how stupid you are.

CadaverDawg
07-13-2014, 08:45 PM
I think you quoted the wrong guy, CD. Or if you didn't, then I apologize.

My bad, I did! Ha

TheRef
07-13-2014, 08:45 PM
My bad, I did! Ha

It's all good, buddy. Just making sure.

CadaverDawg
07-13-2014, 08:46 PM

Yea you did, and great job of threatening me with the "ban me and Coach will add me back". Bet he loves knowing you feel you can take advantage of being his bud by acting like a douche and calling people fags on HIS board, knowing he will add you back

DudyDawg
07-13-2014, 08:46 PM
It's all good, buddy. Just making sure.

No he didn't. Ref is about to see the ban hammer!!!

curmudgeon
07-13-2014, 08:53 PM
The fact that you think that it's about you not liking it proves to me how stupid you are.

At the core of the matter, that's what it is. I know that I "officially received an infraction" because I said soccer ***, but douche in my signature threatens me and my family because I didn't like it. I like this board and don't want to see it ruined because it turns into a soccer board. Start a new board, make a sub forum. World Cup is one thing - starting European soccer threads on this main board will drive people away.

TheRef
07-13-2014, 08:54 PM
At the core of the matter, that's what it is. I know that I "officially received an infraction" because I said soccer ***, but douche in my signature threatens me and my family because I didn't like it. I like this board and don't want to see it ruined because it turns into a soccer board. Start a new board, make a sub forum. World Cup is one thing - starting European soccer threads on this main board will drive people away.

WE HAVE SOLVED THIS PROBLEM. BOTH OF YOU DROP IT, DAMN IT

bgdog
07-13-2014, 09:22 PM
Yea you did, and great job of threatening me with the "ban me and Coach will add me back". Bet he loves knowing you feel you can take advantage of being his bud by acting like a douche and calling people fags on HIS board, knowing he will add you back

All of the cool kids shout their insults while hiding behind their internet buddy. You seem like a super fun dude curmudgeon**

War Machine Dawg
07-13-2014, 09:55 PM

By "many" you must mean yourself, because you're the only one here we see being a whiny bitch about it.

curmudgeon
07-13-2014, 09:56 PM
Wow, another personal attack. That's three Cadaver. Start the ban hammer.

Political Hack
07-13-2014, 10:01 PM
this thread has lived long enough.