PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Renfroe starting for Team USA today

Todd4State
07-13-2014, 03:38 PM
And hitting eighth. He's hitting .215 with 3 home runs for San Antonio in 10 games. His average has climbed up about 100 points recently.

Also, Jose Peraza of the Mississippi Braves is hitting third for the World Team. He's hitting .365 in Pearl.

Coach34
07-13-2014, 03:43 PM
He's actually played 13 games

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=renfro002dus

but he has certainly started to look better. Only 7 K's in 52 AB's in very encouraging

msstate7
07-13-2014, 03:48 PM
Off topic (I won this award haha), but how are graveman, girodo, and frazier progressing?

CadaverDawg
07-13-2014, 04:33 PM
Off topic (I won this award haha), but how are graveman, girodo, and frazier progressing?

Graveman is absolutely on fire his last 8 or so games. I think he has like a 1.91 ERA through that stretch.

Todd4State
07-13-2014, 07:05 PM

Graveman has had a very good year. I wouldn't be surprised if he finishes up in AA. 9-3 with a 1.89 ERA on the year between A and A+ with 85 K's and 22 BB's in 109+ IP.

Same with Girodo, but out the bullpen of course. 4-0 with an ERA of 1.99 and 58 K's in 54 IP. And for good measure, he has picked up a couple of saves and has not allowed a home run all year. He also should move up to AA pretty soon. Not sure what the hold up is on both of them for Toronto.

Adam Frazier started of real slow, but he's up to .265 with the Pirates A+ team and has a .320 OBP. He has 41 K's and 25 BB's and while he has 7 SB he has been CS 5 times. Based on that, he should be up in AA next year but him going to back to A+ probably isn't out of the question. I don't think he has a very good chance of making it up unless he turns it around soon.

Some others of interest:

Jacob Lindgren has been dominant in A ball He's 1-0 with an ERA of 1.80 and has struck out 11 in 5 IP and has allowed only 1 hit with 0 BB's. No stats available for WP, but he'll be on the Yankees top prospect list on MLB.com in a couple of weeks for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if he skips A+ and goes straight to AA.

Chris Stratton is 6-8 with an ERA of 4.95 and 92 K's in 87+ IP. He has allowed 12 home runs though and has also walked 35. He's been inconsistent this year, but should move up to AA next year.