PDA

View Full Version : Bama Juco DL Jarran Reed

PassInterference
07-13-2014, 10:45 AM
Out of EMCC. Got a DUI.

How much are they depending in him?

And how much will the police officer be fined?

Saltydog
07-13-2014, 10:54 AM
move in the Fulmer Cup in the last week........

hailmari
07-13-2014, 11:05 AM
Jarran Reed is name that sure has been around a long time for him to be such an unknown to me.

He's been recruited in like three different classes.

vv83
07-13-2014, 11:29 AM
Didn't we recruit this guy a year or so back? If so, Bracky has already suspended Will Redmond for the 2014 season

MetEdDawg
07-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Bama is having some offseason player problems. Kenyan Drake was arrested last week for obstructing governmental operations. Jarran Reed arrested and held on bond for DUI. Then back in April Altee Tenpenny was cited for possession of a controlled substance.

So in the last 3 months 5 total players from either Auburn or Alabama have been cited or arrested by the police. And we aren't talking noise disturbance or going 60 in a 35. We are talking DUI, possession of controlled substances, and interfering with governmental operations. Then you can go back to February and get Auburn commit Kalavaz Bessent who was in possession of over 20 grams of marijuana and was charged with possession with intent, and eventually kicked off the team.

I hate going on rants but this is the one thing I hate about sports is that kids like this end up getting passes on pretty serious stuff like this if they perform and are talented, or are expected to start for a high profile team. Forget the kind of stuff Manziel did. I'm talking guys getting a 1 game suspension against Outer Loachapoka State and calling it a punishment for DUI or possession of controlled substances. Just really hate that part about college sports, football in particular. I know they are in the business of making money and winning games, but schools are doing these kids huge life disservices if they don't teach them that their actions have consequences not just by the law but at school as well. You are much more likely to get a kid's attention by taking him away for LSU week or Bama week than benching him and not making him practice the week you play the Florida Institute of Technology.

msstate7
07-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Bama is having some offseason player problems. Kenyan Drake was arrested last week for obstructing governmental operations. Jarran Reed arrested and held on bond for DUI. Then back in April Altee Tenpenny was cited for possession of a controlled substance.

So in the last 3 months 5 total players from either Auburn or Alabama have been cited or arrested by the police. And we aren't talking noise disturbance or going 60 in a 35. We are talking DUI, possession of controlled substances, and interfering with governmental operations. Then you can go back to February and get Auburn commit Kalavaz Bessent who was in possession of over 20 grams of marijuana and was charged with possession with intent, and eventually kicked off the team.

I hate going on rants but this is the one thing I hate about sports is that kids like this end up getting passes on pretty serious stuff like this if they perform and are talented. Forget the kind of stuff Manziel did. I'm talking guys getting a 1 game suspension against Outer Loachapoka State and calling it a punishment for DUI or possession of controlled substances. Just really hate that part about college sports, football in particular.

I agree. Dan uggla got a 1-game suspension for being late. I don't think coaches do these college kids any favors by slapping them on the wrist