PDA

View Full Version : Dalton Dulin

messageboardsuperhero
07-13-2014, 10:02 AM
Apparently Dulin isn't going back to UM next year. What's up with that? I thought he was a very good prospect and a potential top of the lineup hitter for them next year. Very odd.

Homedawg
07-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Interesting considering he was committed to the Rebs for over 2 years. Guess he didn't think he was going to start. Nature of the beast, they move on everywhere. More so in oxford than anywhere.

messageboardsuperhero
07-13-2014, 10:21 AM
Interesting considering he was committed to the Rebs for over 2 years. Guess he didn't think he was going to start. Nature of the beast, they move on everywhere. More so in oxford than anywhere.

UM's infield might be a little more crowded than Dulin would like. Robinson and Bell return, plus they add Blackmon who could be an impact freshman. I guess Dulin felt like the odd man out.

It'll be interesting to see what affect this has on their recruiting from Dulin's Dodgers. I doubt there would be any hard feelings- but it will be interesting either way.

Todd4State
07-13-2014, 03:31 PM
I'm thinking it has to do with playing time as well too. He was basically benched in favor of Preston Overbey when they could have put Overbey at DH. Not to mention Overbey made several key errors as well. Dulin wasn't an all-world hitter last year in his own right, but he does play good defense.

I guess he will go to a JUCO, but I would keep an eye on Memphis where his Dad played college baseball.

Todd4State
07-13-2014, 03:35 PM
UM's infield might be a little more crowded than Dulin would like. Robinson and Bell return, plus they add Blackmon who could be an impact freshman. I guess Dulin felt like the odd man out.

It'll be interesting to see what affect this has on their recruiting from Dulin's Dodgers. I doubt there would be any hard feelings- but it will be interesting either way.

As you know, it just depends on why he left and how things went down. Honestly, I'd actually say the odds are that whatever happened, it's much more likely that there are some hard feelings. People that are happy or at the very least "OK" with their situation typically stay.

BiscuitEater
07-13-2014, 05:21 PM

message board "fans" were absolutely 'brutal' toward him ... especially toward the end of the season.

Todd4State
07-13-2014, 06:50 PM
message board "fans" were absolutely 'brutal' toward him ... especially toward the end of the season.

Really? That's kind of odd. The guy was just a freshman and it's a huge jump from high school to the SEC.