PDA

View Full Version : Big braves' news

msstate7
07-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Per Mark Bowman - "Phil Gosselin will join the #Braves tomorrow. A corresponding announcement will made in the morning."

Bye bye uggla! Gotta be. Right?

MetEdDawg
07-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Per Mark Bowman - "Phil Gosselin will join the #Braves tomorrow. A corresponding announcement will made in the morning."

Bye bye uggla! Gotta be. Right?

Has to be. Can't imagine it being anyone else because it's either La Stella, Pena, or Uggla. If it's not Uggla, that means it's Pena, which is still ridiculous. It has to be Uggla.

msstate7
07-13-2014, 08:49 AM
Hopefully it's uggla.

The next move I wanna see is acquire James Russell or Wesley wright from the cubs. We need a lh reliever.

Fred Garvin
07-13-2014, 09:07 AM
Please, please, please let it be Uggla!

starkvegasdawg
07-13-2014, 09:29 AM
I'll miss seeing all the strike outs when he played. Just like I missed watching Andrue Jones swinging at strike three at balls 2" off the ground and in the LH hitter's batter's box.

msstate7
07-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Uggla DFA

Dawg61
07-13-2014, 10:29 AM
It's Uggla and he's still owed $19 mill. What an awful contract. That's up there in Bobby Bonilla land.

CadaverDawg
07-13-2014, 10:45 AM
EliteDhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7a/Atlanta_Braves_Insignia.svg/107px-Atlanta_Braves_Insignia.svg.pngwgs

For everything Atlanta Braves

msstate7
07-13-2014, 10:47 AM
Atlanta Braves ?@Braves
Braves have selected the contract of INF Phil Gosselin today, he will join the team in CHI. 2B Dan Uggla has received a one-game suspension.

(WTH???)

msstate7
07-13-2014, 10:49 AM
EliteDhttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7a/Atlanta_Braves_Insignia.svg/107px-Atlanta_Braves_Insignia.svg.pngwgs

For everything Atlanta Braves

It's really distracting having to sort thru the state stuff to get the brave news***

CadaverDawg
07-13-2014, 10:50 AM
It's really distracting having to sort thru the state stuff to get the brave news***

Haha, well played. I think I'm going to start posting this in every braves thread. I get a laugh out of it, so let's make it a tradition. And you can post a snarky comeback. Ha

Dawg61
07-13-2014, 11:06 AM
EliteDhttps://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQuknxnqym4NZGW0yana43LMHEe65MRq MKasf16Z5NvVkc8ZfhIeQwgs

KB21
07-13-2014, 01:28 PM
Dan Uggla has been suspended for one game, which just happens to be the only game left before the AS Break. Something is up. They either have a trade in the works where a team is willing to take on Dan's contract, or they are about to DFA him.

msstate7
07-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Dan Uggla has been suspended for one game, which just happens to be the only game left before the AS Break. Something is up. They either have a trade in the works where a team is willing to take on Dan's contract, or they are about to DFA him.

Let's hope so. Gosselin >>>> uggla

The Federalist Engineer
07-13-2014, 01:47 PM
Uggla should be used to park cars, "celebrity" valet at Turner Field

War Machine Dawg
07-13-2014, 03:11 PM
Yeah, Uggla has to be done. It's the only move that makes any sort of sense. About time. Even Joe just acknowledged a few minutes ago that keeping Uggla on the roster was forcing us to play with 24. When your color guy who's getting paid to be a bit of a homer is starting to publicly question why a guy is on the roster, you know it's awful.

KB21
07-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Yeah, Uggla has to be done. It's the only move that makes any sort of sense. About time. Even Joe just acknowledged a few minutes ago that keeping Uggla on the roster was forcing us to play with 24. When your color guy who's getting paid to be a bit of a homer is starting to publicly question why a guy is on the roster, you know it's awful.

IMO, if it were up to the baseball guys, they would eat the rest of his contract and release him. I think Liberty Media is the responsible party for keeping him on the roster. The guys with the pockets don't want to eat $19 million, and they are probably trying to come up with a situation where they can get away with not paying him. Ultimately, a decision will need to be made. No one is going to take on that contract. They will have to DFA him.